[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OK, it's official: I can choose from

msaint

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this in Advice for an official "rate my team," but seeing as I'd bent your ear in this forum about whom to draft at #9, here are the full results...

QB: Plummer (7), McNair (11)

RB: Deuce (1), Cadillac (3), Benson (5), Ricky (8), Jacobs (12), W.Parker (14)

WR: Holt (2), S.Smith (4), Muhsin (9), C. Rogers (10)

TE: Witten (6)

D/ST: Carolina (13)

K: Carney (15)

NOTES:

First round went LT, Peyton, Shaun, Priest, McGahee, Julius, Edge Dillon...(Deuce)....Jamal, Daunte, Portis.

DD, who isn't a fave in this league for some reason, dropped into 2nd and went two slots ahead of my 2.4 pick (Holt), and KJones went one slot before. Would have been sweet to start Deuce/DD or Deuce/KJ. That was my only hiccup, I think, taking Holt a bit early...debated S. Jackson at 2.4, but I didn't think there'd be much difference between starting out Deuce, Holt, Cadillac and Deuce, S.Jackson, Horn. In fact, with our bonus scoring, Holt has been a bigtime producer, better than a Horn-level WR, and I rolled the dice that Caddy would slip to me in round three, which he did. I loved getting Caddy at 3.9, and was grinning when Benson was still there in the 5th (Dunn, Ronnie Brown, M.Anderson, Taylor the RBs of note who went before him...Ronnie Brown?? That surprised me.). Taking a larger than usual risk on the young RBs, but I have a good feeling about homeless Ricky.

Witten had been going in the 5th in many mocks I've seen, so was heoppy to have him there in the 5th.

Ricky is a flier, but what the hell...8th round, and I think he'll either be starting in Miami or somewhere else in Week 5.

Muhsin as a #2 WR? I would have been worried. As a #3 behind S.Smith, however, I thought was worth it.

I waited on a QB and was sweating out Plummer as my pick came, and, luckily, the guy in front of me took Brooks, I happily grabbed Plummer in the 8th. Underrated starter, IMO. (Peyton, Daunte, McNabb, Collins, Green, Brady, Favre, Vick, Hasselbeck, Palmer, Harrington:shocking: Brees went before him). Like McNair as a back-up. Could have comeback year under Chow.

Oddly, I think the pick that made me the most giddy was Charles Rogers in the 10th, after WRs I like a lot less (McCardell, M. Robinson, Rod Smith, Stallworth, A. Bryant, B.Lloyd, even his rookie teammate Mike Wiliams went before him).

Liked getting Jacobs as late as 12th, makes a good bye-week starter for a short TD here and there. Flier on Parker in the 15th was well worth it, IMO (Bettis/Staley are no iron men).

Anyway, that's my take, but I'm biased . If anything, aside from maybe reaching on Holt, I had a good "value" draft. i.e. got guys later than they're typically goig in mocks I've seen. A solid if unspectacular squad with some nice upside in the RB department if even one of my backups (Ricky, Benson, Jacobs, Parker) .

All comments, no matter how harsh, welcome....

Edited by msaint

I like what you've done... I've managed similar teams drafting the 6 and 9 holes of two leagues already. I got Deuce with my first pick in both those leagues. For whatever reason I think he's got a big year in him, and like him better than some of the other guys slotted right around him.... we'll see... My last draft went very similar to yours in the 1st round, with Dillon going right before my pick where I took Deuce. I don't know what to make about Cadillac Williams. I'll be making a big choice in my keeper league draft next week that opens with me having the 2nd pick after 30 players are gone. He might be there. It'll be a tough call for me... I might have to take him, but I just don't know what I'm getting.