[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FREE fantasy advice..

Avernus

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I posed this one to Hugh but thought I would get your take on it as well.

Couple of questions for ya.

Standard performance(no pts deducted for int's)

Who do you like this weekend?

Hasslebeck vs Dallas

Eli vs Denver

or I can get Brunell vs SF off the WW. Would you rather have Brunell or Eli as your #2 for the remainder of the year?

Also I need a #3 WR this week. Who do you like best from the following?

I currently have Stallworth vs STL

or I can get anyone of the following off the WW.

Curtis vs NO

Hakim vs STL

Brandon Jones vs Ariz

Evans vs Oak

Burleson vs GB (I actually drafted him but had to drop him last week because of bye weeks. I have limited roster space for my WR's. I haven't heard anything on whether he's going to play this week or not and I have to pick someone by tonight.)

Thanks.

Howdy.

See my sig for team and rules. I just picked up Heath Miller and Brandon Jones. Dallas Clark is not producing and I need some bye filler for the next couple of weeks. My only question is: Are Miller vs. CIN and Brandon Jones vs. ARI good starts compared to Dallas Clark vs. HOU and Marshall Faulk vs. NOR in the Flex spot? My gut says sure, go for it.

So far this year I have the most points for in my league, yet I have 2 losses and am tied for 2nd in my division. This week I play the #1 in my division, so it's a big game. Unfortunately I don't have Steve Smith this week, but the rest of my heavy hitters are on deck.

Thanks.

Whats your take on the TJ Houshmanzadeh injury and do I dare start him this week...I have a trade in the works for Rod Smith,Driver for Barlow,Givens, and Williamson...But the guy's making me wait...He lost McAllister, He only has Lewis,Holmes...So he kinda needs a backup or even a starter in his case. What do you think of those two issues?

1083947[/snapback]

TJ looks like he'll be another GTD this week...

the one getting Driver and Smith is making out in this deal...and I don't know why he's making you wait unless he has another possible trade in the works...

but if he's giving up barlow...then you're losing out in the deal...

good luck..

What WR to pick up this week.

Hakim @ STL

Lelie V NYG

Gaffney @ INDY

Gabriel V BUF

I have both Moss and Horn out this week so please rank these guys in order you would start them.  Thanks man.

1083960[/snapback]

alright...

1. Gabriel - he has a decent matchup and may propel himself to the #2 spot if Porter keeps eating dirt...

2. Hakim - solely based on the matchup if Horn doesn't play...but only as a stop-gap WR for this...

3. Lelie - only because gaffney is the other option....I hate lelie and never even owned him

good luck..

Dear scary belly shaking man...I mean Avernus, I need help picking a starter at QB

McNair (Q) @ Cardinals

Dilfer vs. Lions

Culpepper vs. Green Bay

and 2 starters at WR

Moulds @ Raiders (Raiders have given up only 1 TD to a WR)

Glenn @ Seahawks (has yet to find paydirt on the road)

Chambers vs. Chiefs (only 1 TD on the year)

Standard Performance, 1/20 receiving, 1pt/reception, all TDs 6pts

Thanks sca...Avernus

choose 1:

Brees @ Philly

Jaime Martin vs Saints

choose 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR

curtis @ falcons

mcgahee @ raiders

ronnie brown vs chiefs

shipp vs tennessee

hines ward @ cincy

rod smith @ NYG

jurevicius vs cowboys

moulds @ raiders

thanks

1083961[/snapback]

I'd have to go with Brees as he's an above adequate start usually...even though I don't like his chances with philly coming off the bye...Eagles are undefeated under reid after BYE's...

mcgahee, martin, ward, r smith and moulds....

good luck

This week I face the #1 team in my fantasy league and I stand right now at #2 wich means every pt counts. I know questions are usually about the main skill positions but this one is about a place kicker. Like I said I need the most points possible and need the best one..

Right now I have J. Feely who has been playing well for me this past few weeks but Kaeding from the Chargers was just put on the wavier wire. Would it benifit me to pick him up and start him this week. Every pt counts(1pt for XP and 3pts for field goal)

1083976[/snapback]

I'd stay where I'm at....the winds are starting to pick up here in Philly and kaeding might miss a FG due to the winds alone since they come in through the gap off the delaware river and swirl throughout the stadium....

it's a crazy obstacle, honestly...that's why Akers was so valuable before...

good luck...

I'll bite...thanks.

Question 1

Applies to leagues 1 and 2 in sig.

With Bulger down, and Leftwich on a bye, I'm hurting at QB. Who should I start:

Jamie Martin

Kelly Holcomb

Question 2

Applies to leagues 1 in sig.

Who should I start in as my flex:

Antowain Smith @ STL

Mewelde Moore @ GB

1083980[/snapback]

J martin....

M Moore if you get 1 pt. per reception.....

if it's standard performance or whatever...then start Smith instead...also...Moore is home against the Packers which favors him more than Smith being on the road at StL where the rams usually play tougher....but their run D is still charmin ultra soft....

good luck this week..

Okay, here's a tough one...it concerns the murky world of defenses :D

Basic scoring league, 2 points per sack, int, fumble recovery. 6 points for D/ST TD scored, 2 points per safety.

Here are my choices:

Was (vs SF)

GB (@ MN)

Dal (@ SEA)

Pretty sad :D any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thxs,

Gdawg

Running Backs....WHICH 2 OF THE 4 BELOW WOULD YOU START:

Cadillac is on bye not that it mattered(hopefully he's ready to roll again after the bye week)

Tatum Bell @ Giants(tearing it up lately)-I think he is a lock for me here...

Julius Jones(Q) @ Seahawks-remember last years Mon bihgt game(I played him that night)...Thompson was overrated and the "D" train is just a career backup)...

Willie Parker @ Bengals-Slowed down a bit , Bus dissapointed last week...will he break one this week? hmmmm......any thoughts?

Droughns vs. Lions-only back I have with NO competition....he's due for a TD...but I'm not sold on him yet...

Of the 4 above which 2 do you feel good about?

QUICKIE QUESTION: KICKER....

WHO WOULD YOU START: JUST YOUR GUT-I KNOW KICKERS VARY EVERY WEEK...

VANDERJAGT @ TEXANS(they have more TD opps then FG's...)

LINDELL @ RAIDERS

1083989[/snapback]

okay....I'd go Bell and JJ if he plays.....if not, go with Droughns who is the safer play than parker as he disappointed last week and Cowher blamed himself for not getting the Bus into the game to breathe some life into the running game....so this should be an all out RBBC in Pittsburgh this week...

Bell and JJ/Droughns..

Lindell has been a top kicker and the Bills should have little trouble moving the ball on the raiders this week...start him

good luck..

J martin....

M Moore if you get 1 pt. per reception.....

if it's standard performance or whatever...then start Smith instead...also...Moore is home against the Packers which favors him more than Smith being on the road at StL where the rams usually play tougher....but their run D is still charmin ultra soft....

good luck this week..

1084123[/snapback]

Thanks.

I get no points per reception.

Just wondering...what is your thinking behind starting Martin over Holcomb?

Pick 3

Crumpler

Jerivicius

B. Jones

Burleson

Smith and Branch on Bye

Pick 2

Kennison

B Jones

Curtis

Jenkins

Yikes, I know. Smith on bye and moss injured

1083995[/snapback]

Crumpler, Jurevicius and B Jones...I would stay away from Burleson until he has 1 good game....

if he goes off this week and the others fail, you can't kick yourself...when healthy, he was dog poo...

Curtis and Kennison...KC's air attack has to get something going and they'll likely do it this friday night at home..

Thanks.

I get no points per reception.

Just wondering...what is your thinking behind starting Martin over Holcomb?

1084141[/snapback]

well, the Saints D is downright awful...Martin didn't look bad until he started getting sloppy....I expect him to throw 2 TD's and have 250+...might even do 300 if Holt gets him some YAC yds....

Holcombe is a safe play QB who won't over-do anything...while Martin has a surplus of weapons...both are a risk...I took one with the higher reward

WR Need two of the four

Holt-Obvious

Burleson

T.J. Housh

Lelie

RB Need two of the four

S. Alexandr-Obvious

S. Jackson

C. Brown

M. Moore

Thanks in advance!

1083997[/snapback]

ouch...I'm not sure if that's 2 besides Holt...or 2 including him, so I'll rank...

1. Housh...IF HE IS HEALTHY :D

2. Burleson...only because lelie is dirt...

and same thing goes for RB...I'll rank them as well..I wish you'd tell me what your scoring is....but oh well :doah:

1. Jackson by a mile

2. Moore - he faces GB... :D

3. Brown...Cardinals aren't bad against the run and the other 2 are better options...because Moore can tally up receiving and rushing yds, especially against a weak packers D

good luck..

I posed this one to Hugh but thought I would get your take on it as well.

Couple of questions for ya.

Standard performance(no pts deducted for int's)

Who do you like this weekend?

Hasslebeck vs Dallas

Eli vs Denver

or I can get Brunell vs SF off the WW.  Would you rather have Brunell or Eli as your #2 for the remainder of the year?

Also I need a #3 WR this week.  Who do you like best from the following?

I currently have Stallworth vs STL

or I can get anyone of the following off the WW.

Curtis vs NO

Hakim vs STL

Brandon Jones vs Ariz

Evans vs Oak

Burleson vs GB (I actually drafted him but had to drop him last week because of bye weeks.  I have limited roster space for my WR's.  I haven't heard anything on whether he's going to play this week or not and I have to pick someone by tonight.)

Thanks.

1084000[/snapback]

I'd get Brunell and likely drop someone else....because i wouldn't drop Eli..but Brunell's matchup is too good to pass up...

also...I'd go Curtis...he's been steady and Stallworth has been hit/miss type material...

good luck..

Howdy.

See my sig for team and rules. I just picked up Heath Miller and Brandon Jones. Dallas Clark is not producing and I need some bye filler for the next couple of weeks. My only question is: Are Miller vs. CIN and Brandon Jones vs. ARI good starts compared to Dallas Clark vs. HOU and Marshall Faulk vs. NOR in the Flex spot? My gut says sure, go for it.

So far this year I have the most points for in my league, yet I have 2 losses and am tied for 2nd in my division. This week I play the #1 in my division, so it's a big game. Unfortunately I don't have Steve Smith this week, but the rest of my heavy hitters are on deck.

Thanks.

1084008[/snapback]

heh, I was in your position 2 weeks ago with my squad being the highest scoring team, playing the undefeated team....he lost BTW :D

but umm...I'd go with faulk here as they'll look to run-run-run and faulk catches some passes as well...

he would have had more looks last week if he didn't face the Colts who jumped up late and forced them to go away from that...not to mention Kato June playing like a madman...

good luck..

10 Team - Must start 2 QB

1pt/25 yds, 4 pts/TD

Ferrotte vs KC

or

Martin vs NO

Already starting Brunnell

1084065[/snapback]

I would have ran Frerotte, but now he's playing AT KC...ouch....

I'd go Martin here in probably the only week I'd start him...

Dear scary belly shaking man...I mean Avernus, I need help picking a starter at QB

McNair (Q) @ Cardinals

Dilfer vs. Lions

Culpepper  vs. Green Bay

and 2 starters at WR

Moulds @ Raiders (Raiders have given up only 1 TD to a WR)

Glenn @ Seahawks (has yet to find paydirt on the road)

Chambers vs. Chiefs (only 1 TD on the year)

Standard Performance, 1/20 receiving, 1pt/reception, all TDs 6pts

Thanks sca...Avernus

1084103[/snapback]

I'd go with Culpepper....this matchup at home is great....regardless of who that man is wearing the Culpepper jersey...

now I'd go with Glenn and Moulds...Chambers would be a safe play...but Moulds should get plenty of looks as Woodson should have some trouble shutting him down on at least one deep route...

good luck this week..

Okay, here's a tough one...it concerns the murky world of defenses :D

Basic scoring league, 2 points per sack, int, fumble recovery. 6 points for D/ST TD scored, 2 points per safety.

Here are my choices:

Was (vs SF)

GB (@ MN)

Dal (@ SEA)

Pretty sad  :D  any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thxs,

Gdawg

1084125[/snapback]

skins by 3 miles and 2 whales...

Least you could do is get an original thread title. :D

Pick 3 of the 4:

L. Jordan vs. Buffalo

D. Davis vs. Indy

C. Brown at Arizona

J. Jones at Seattle

Let's assume Jones is healthy, otherwise the decision is clear.

1084181[/snapback]

ahem...last time my title didn't say free, people were hesitant to ask...so I kind of stole your title without the "week 7" mularkey

but ahem...back to our regularly scheduled program :D

Jordan, Jones and Brown as the Titans should be in the game long enough for him to muster some decent rushing totals....DD might catch a TD in a catchup role, but he won't be running, thats for sure...regardless if it's manning or Edge doing the work...

good luck