[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's the value in this year's #2 rookie pick?

Raider.Nation

I have just pulled a trade and aquired the no.2 overall pick in our entry draft. I have already been offered Deuce McAllister for the pick, or Rudi Johnson for the pick and another player.

Last season there were 3-4 bonafied players that would have prohibited me from pulling a deal and trading the pick. But this year I don't know if that's the case.

I'm not looking for advice on my sitch, just a general question about this year's draft class. I have read numerous stories and scouting reports on LenDale White and DeAngelo Williams. But the teams that are projected to take these guys scare me. I don't want to see either go to Balt, Arizona, or Minnesota. If they do, I might as well pull the trigger and pick up Deuce...

I have just pulled a trade and aquired the no.2 overall pick in our entry draft. I have already been offered Deuce McAllister for the pick, or Rudi Johnson for the pick and another player.

Last season there were 3-4 bonafied players that would have prohibited me from pulling a deal and trading the pick. But this year I don't know if that's the case.

I'm not looking for advice on my sitch, just a general question about this year's draft class. I have read numerous stories and scouting reports on LenDale White and DeAngelo Williams. But the teams that are projected to take these guys scare me. I don't want to see either go to Balt, Arizona, or Minnesota. If they do, I might as well pull the trigger and pick up Deuce...

1352846[/snapback]

This is exactly why it is really hard to make any determination right now. One of the biggest success factors for a rookie is the situation/team that a player goes to. Until the NFL draft, it's hardly worth considering. And after last year, maybe it is not worth considering UNTIL THEY FREAKING SIGN.

This is exactly why it is really hard to make any determination right now. One of the biggest success factors for a rookie is the situation/team that a player goes to. Until the NFL draft, it's hardly worth considering. And after last year, maybe it is not worth considering UNTIL THEY FREAKING SIGN.

1352854[/snapback]

lol very true. the same guy offering me the Deuce deal, took Cedric Benson no 1 overall in our rookie draft last season. :D

I'd easily take a RB, depending on which team they go to....

say if...the Broncos draft a RB and name him the starter, I'd think about going that route...

that's if he looks good in preseason....the Broncos are only really known to do the RBBC thing if the player is old or not completely reliable (1 dimensional back)....

LenDale White or DeAngelo Williams could be great picks if they go to running teams....

I am in a keeper league where we keep our entire roster if so desired. I just gave up Edge for the 1st pick. I already have Jordan, McGahee, K. Jones, and R. Williams. I also kept Rhodes just in case he gets the start. We start 3 rb's so I think I will be fine with the first pick. He threw in S. Parker in the deal.

Edited by Popeye

I am in a keeper league where we keep our entire roster if so desired. I just gave up Edge for the 1st pick. I already have Jordan, McGahee, K. Jones, and R. Williams. I also kept Rhodes just in case he gets the start. We start 3 rb's so I think I will be fine with the first pick.  He threw in S. Parker in the deal.

1352938[/snapback]

that's not a bad deal at all...

but I'd still keep an eye out on how Jordan is going to be used this upcoming season with Shell as the new HC

that's not a bad deal at all...

but I'd still keep an eye out on how Jordan is going to be used this upcoming season with Shell as the new HC

1352945[/snapback]

I think with Shell Jordan will actually have a better year. Shell will give the offense a jump start. :D

I think with Shell Jordan will actually have a better year. Shell will give the offense a jump start.  :D

1352946[/snapback]

lol...see, I wonder if he'll be good for his usual 5 catches a game like he had last year....

I'm not concerned with the rushing yds., they were a bonus to me...

I don't think he's a great back in regards to running the ball, but he can catch well...and make a move or 2...

people who want to draft him this year won't get the same value as they did last year....and I'm not so sure he'll even match the numbers...lol..and they weren't even crazy numbers....but they were consistent with some flash here and there...

lol...see, I wonder if he'll be good for his usual 5 catches a game like he had last year....

I'm not concerned with the rushing yds., they were a bonus to me...

I don't think he's a great back in regards to running the ball, but he can catch well...and make a move or 2...

people who want to draft him this year won't get the same value as they did last year....and I'm not so sure he'll even match the numbers...lol..and they weren't even crazy numbers....but they were consistent with some flash here and there...

1352955[/snapback]

Depends on your scoring. In my PPR league, he finished no6, exactly where I took him. Now that being said, it was a blatent case of homerism that caused me to take him. I did pass Edge on to the guy at 7.

It's a different league than my sig though.

My roster is as follows.

QB; Brady

RB; SA, Tiki, Gore, Staley, Greg Jones, (was Westbrook, now the rook pick or McAllister)

WR; Wayne, Branch, Housh, Curtis, Lelie

TE: Gonzo, Shockey

and so on for defenders...

So I have 2 solid starters, maybe I should take a chance on a rookie. But Deuce is only 1 season removed from being a top 10-15 guy. So if I pull the trigger I get a guy who will take over Tiki's spot atop my depth chart probably by the end of next season. Where as rookies are always crap shoots.

The actual trade was as follows.Brian Urlacher, TJ Housh & #2 Rook PickforKeith Brooking, Eric Barton, Keyshawn, Kennison, WestbrookI stepped up at LB slightly, got a better no2/3 WR, and the rook pick.

McAllister has had TWO bad years in a row.... killed me in a keeper league both times. Stay away.... far away from McAllister, especially if they dump Brooks and start Lienart. Do you declare before the NFL draft? If so.... I have White as my top ranked RB, even over Bush. I'll take the every down back every time.

Depends on your scoring. In my PPR league, he finished no6, exactly where I took him. Now that being said, it was a blatent case of homerism that caused me to take him. I did pass Edge on to the guy at 7.

It's a different league than my sig though.

My roster is as follows.

QB; Brady

RB; SA, Tiki, Gore, Staley, Greg Jones, (was Westbrook, now the rook pick or McAllister)

WR; Wayne, Branch, Housh, Curtis, Lelie

TE: Gonzo, Shockey

and so on for defenders...

So I have 2 solid starters, maybe I should take a chance on a rookie. But Deuce is only 1 season removed from being a top 10-15 guy. So if I pull the trigger I get a guy who will take over Tiki's spot atop my depth chart probably by the end of next season. Where as rookies are always crap shoots.

The actual trade was as follows.Brian Urlacher, TJ Housh & #2 Rook PickforKeith Brooking, Eric Barton, Keyshawn, Kennison, WestbrookI stepped up at LB slightly, got a better no2/3 WR, and the rook pick.

1352981[/snapback]

I would unload McAllister asap...he's one of those players I'm avoiding on draft day...I was the 1st one at the huddle who started his bandwagon in 2002..and I'm not the 1st one off it...but I'm getting off it right now...

and I agree with Rovers about White...he'll be the GL back and will likely be on a team that needs a bruiser back ala Vikes or Pat's?....I hope not the Pat's, but they'll need a young back...I'd even go as far as to say the Falcons...especially if they let go Dunn...

and last but not least....if the Broncos don't trade their 2nd 1st rounder for John Abraham and other stuff....I'd look out for them using both picks to trade up and take White possibly...especially since them taking only one 1st rounder instead of 2 is going to be cheaper regardless...

actually...scratch all that...

I see the Ravens picking White at 13 or trading down to get him at better value...

1353075[/snapback]

If that's the case I'll stay further away than what everyone here suggest I stay from Deuce. I've seen what having no QB and no offensive gameplan will do to a RB. Jamal Lewis was the biggest bust this season (glad I traded him for Tiki in week 3 :D )

I guess it all depends on where these guys end up. But the teams that I've seen looking for backs are teams to steer clear of in FF IMHO.

Minnesota - too crowded with Moore, Fason, Whizzinator, and now who?

Baltimore - owned Jamal Lewis for the past 2 seasons, vowed never to draft a BAL RB.

SF - Don't know why they'd draft another RB, when they have Barlow/Gore.

GB - Too much talent to have some rookie come in and dethrown.

If that's the case I'll stay further away than what everyone here suggest I stay from Deuce. I've seen what having no QB and no offensive gameplan will do to a RB. Jamal Lewis was the biggest bust this season (glad I traded him for Tiki in week 3  :D )

I guess it all depends on where these guys end up. But the teams that I've seen looking for backs are teams to steer clear of in FF IMHO.

Minnesota - too crowded with Moore, Fason, Whizzinator, and now who?

Baltimore - owned Jamal Lewis for the past 2 seasons, vowed never to draft a BAL RB.

SF - Don't know why they'd draft another RB, when they have Barlow/Gore.

GB - Too much talent to have some rookie come in and dethrown.

1353317[/snapback]

yuup...Childress in Minny is an understudy of Andy Reid and RBBC galore....

I expect Whizzer to be the every down back...Moore the 3rd down back and fason the GL/short yardage back....

he follows the creed of having a back like Westbrook who they use exclusively...then Moats who would be used on 3rd downs and for spelling and then Gordon for short yardage and GL situations.....expect this here...

of course, this backfield would be a goldmine if someone were to get hurt in Minny....mostly Fason since whizzer is better at the GL than Moore and may keep him off the field alot more because Moore can't pass block...

the Whizzer might be a very good pickup next year....unless they get another back via FA or draft....then it's a royal mess..

And if Denver takes a RB, well that just spoils that guy right there. He's good for 1, 2 seasons tops... Once he's worth REAL money, they'll just dump him.

1353319[/snapback]

that's pretty much the blueprint....plus they have the patience of a 5 yr old with ADD when it comes to backs...