[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stuffed Shells

georgemoe

Anyone have any good stuffed shell recipes? I'm basically looking for what you use for a filling; meat, seafood, veggy.

I made this Paula Dean recipe last week and it was very good. Next time I would reduce the spinach and increase the cream cheese a little bit. Maybe even use a mixture of ground veal, pork, and beef instead of all beef. That's how I generally make my chili.

:D Chili stuffed shells. :D

Edited by georgemoe

didn't forget about you george...

5 tablespoons olive oil

1 cup chopped onion

12 garlic cloves, sliced

6 large tomatoes, chopped (about 5 cups)

1 cup chopped fresh basil

1 10-ounce package spinach leaves, stems trimmed

1 cup ricotta cheese

1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Heat 3 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and half of garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and 3/4 cup basil. Cook 15 minutes to blend flavors, stirring often and adding water if dry. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Chill.)

Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add spinach; cook until most of liquid evaporates, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Drain and cool. Squeeze out liquid.

Place spinach in processor. Add ricotta and blend well. Blend in 1/2 cup Parmesan. Season filling to taste with salt and pepper.