[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

White

Randall

It is a weird time to get lazy ... he may not be getting the best advice from those around him.  Still, all the crap that Clarett got involved in makes the comparison unfair -- Clarett got this kind of lazy, tooo, but his idiocy went much farther.

1418053[/snapback]

I don't buy the bad advice argument. His agent is Eugene Parker -- a very experienced guy who's done this draft process a billion times. If anything, I'd wager that White's "hamstring pull" was Parker's idea.

Of course, if White doesn't run at all before the draft, it's a GIVEN that he's hiding the fact that he's EXTREMELY slow. The question is, how many GMs will care? Speed wasn't White's game anyway and plenty of slow RBs have had good careers. I guess we'll find out which GM trusts their scouts.

I don't buy the bad advice argument. His agent is Eugene Parker -- a very experienced guy who's done this draft process a billion times. If anything, I'd wager that White's "hamstring pull" was Parker's idea.

Of course, if White doesn't run at all before the draft, it's a GIVEN that he's hiding the fact that he's EXTREMELY slow. The question is, how many GMs will care? Speed wasn't White's game anyway and plenty of slow RBs have had good careers. I guess we'll find out which GM trusts their scouts.

1418137[/snapback]

What was Jerome Bettis' 40-Time ? We don't care, let Lendale slip to #32.....

What was Jerome Bettis' 40-Time ?  We don't care, let Lendale slip to #32.....

1418195[/snapback]

You are a Steeler fan?? You are kidding right? Bettis has never been considered a slow RB.

2002 - Bettis won all 14, 40 yard dash’s in this seasons camps. (fantasysharks)

2006 - Bettis ran the 40-yard dash in 4.5 seconds. It was the same time he ran in high school, and it was a lesson in Bettis Physics: he is somehow able to maintain his speed and agility even when he gets heavier. Effectively, when Bettis gains weight, it's like adding bricks to the bed of a pickup truck that's going downhill. He just gets harder to stop. (wzzm)

You are a Steeler fan??  You are kidding right?  Bettis has never been considered a slow RB.

2002 - Bettis won all 14, 40 yard dash’s in this seasons camps. (fantasysharks)

2006 -  Bettis ran the 40-yard dash in 4.5 seconds. It was the same time he ran in high school, and it was a lesson in Bettis Physics: he is somehow able to maintain his speed and agility even when he gets heavier. Effectively, when Bettis gains weight, it's like adding bricks to the bed of a pickup truck that's going downhill. He just gets harder to stop. (wzzm)

1418391[/snapback]

So, you are going to teach me how little I know about the Steelers..... :D:D

Bettis is fast for his size, but, he was never a 'fast' NFL back.

Bettis winning the 14 - 40 Yard Dashes is more to do with his heart and will. Those 14 - 40's aren't tests, they are conditioning drills that are done every year in camp.

You should put the whole quote in when trying to prove a point. I found it too with my Google search:

When Bettis went to Notre Dame, he started gaining weight. Coach Lou Holtz and his assistants started whispering dirty words like "diet" and "hold the mayo."

Then Bettis ran the 40-yard dash in 4.5 seconds. It was the same time he ran in high school, and it was a lesson in Bettis Physics: he is somehow able to maintain his speed and agility even when he gets heavier. Effectively, when Bettis gains weight, it's like adding bricks to the bed of a pickup truck that's going downhill. He just gets harder to stop.

It doesn't say that Bettis ran a 4.5 last year, it says that he ran a 4.5 in college.

Bettis was a very quick back for his size, that is a definite fact, but, if you compare Bettis to other starting running back's in the 40, he would rank towards the bottom. Thanks for the Steelers lesson though. :D

So, you are going to teach me how little I know about the Steelers..... :D:D

Bettis is fast for his size, but, he was never a 'fast' NFL back. 

Bettis winning the 14 - 40 Yard Dashes is more to do with his heart and will.  Those 14 - 40's aren't tests, they are conditioning drills that are done every year in camp.

You should put the whole quote in when trying to prove a point.  I found it too with my Google search:

When Bettis went to Notre Dame, he started gaining weight. Coach Lou Holtz and his assistants started whispering dirty words like "diet" and "hold the mayo."

Then Bettis ran the 40-yard dash in 4.5 seconds. It was the same time he ran in high school, and it was a lesson in Bettis Physics: he is somehow able to maintain his speed and agility even when he gets heavier. Effectively, when Bettis gains weight, it's like adding bricks to the bed of a pickup truck that's going downhill. He just gets harder to stop.

It doesn't say that Bettis ran a 4.5 last year, it says that he ran a 4.5 in college.

Bettis was a very quick back for his size, that is a definite fact, but, if you compare Bettis to other starting running back's in the 40, he would rank towards the bottom.  Thanks for the Steelers lesson though.  :D

1418424[/snapback]

Ok. He ran a 4.5 in college (and I will attempt to find a more recent time on him). What does LenDale run? Who knows? He won't run - because he is likely in the 4.8-5.2 range and knows that would cost him bigtime. And yes, I am telling you how little you know about the Steelers if you think of Bettis as a slow running back. And I don't mean after over a decade in the league - you made a comparison to a back who is coming out of college and you have been forced to acknowledge the 4.5 time he ran then. Is that slow? No.

Ok.  He ran a 4.5 in college (and I will attempt to find a more recent time on him).  What does LenDale run?  Who knows?  He won't run - because he is likely in the 4.8-5.2 range and knows that would cost him bigtime.  And yes, I am telling you how little you know about the Steelers if you think of Bettis as a slow running back.  And I don't mean after over a decade in the league - you made a comparison to a back who is coming out of college and you have been forced to acknowledge the 4.5 time he ran then.  Is that slow?  No.

1418432[/snapback]

Please show me where I called Bettis slow. :D Please learn how to read. You probably aren't going to find what Bettis was running the 40 in last year, but, my guess is that it is somewhere in the 4.7 range, and probably has been most of his time with the Steelers. Bettis is fast FOR HIS SIZE, but, he is not considered a fast RB. He isn't going to be out-running Willie Parker anytime soon.

The whole point of my post, is that you don't have to be a speed burner to be effective in this league, and especially in the Steelers system.

Keep giving me Steelers and Bettis' lessons you Oprahing noob. :D

Keep giving me Steelers and Bettis' lessons you Oprahing noob.  :D

1418448[/snapback]

What Steeler averaged 23.1 yards per catch his first two seasons with the team and 17.2 his last two years, but didn't make the Pro-Bowl until those last 2 seasons?

::D Roy Jefferson ::D

I've got one for you:

" What newbie tool thinks he is showing he is smarter than everyone else by posting obscure trivia questions that he finds on the internet ? "

::D  Roy Jefferson  ::D

I've got one for you:

" What newbie tool thinks he is showing he is smarter than everyone else by posting obscure trivia questions that he finds on the internet ? "

1418608[/snapback]

Don't know of one. Every question I have posted I have known the answer to before posting. I had to look up Jefferson's actual per catch average, but I knew it was over 20 ypc his first 2 seasons but blossomed in his last two to make the Pro Bowl.

Don't know of one.  Every question I have posted I have known the answer to before posting.  I had to look up Jefferson's actual per catch average, but I knew it was over 20 ypc his first 2 seasons but blossomed in his last two to make the Pro Bowl.

1418661[/snapback]

How about making sure they are correct before posting them. :D

But why has he never run the 40 before either?  Seems to me he is slow, knows he's slow and has let his college production speak for itself.  Well, we all know the NFL is a faster game, and thats why the combine and campus workouts are so improtant.  College production doesn't guarantee NFL success - ask Andre Ware, David Klingler, Kelly Washington, Ron Dayne, Anthony Thompson, or Maurice Clarett.

1417594[/snapback]

He's a power back. His 40 time is irrelevant. What we really need to know is the time for the 1st 10 yds. How quick can he hit the line and the hole. :D