[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oklahoma QB- Bomar

Vote Quimby2

I will say this... if this happened at say... Free Shoes University, or Miami Pre-Coker, or Alabama, Bomar prolly would have been suspended for the first half of the game against Oklahoma School of the Blind. And say, hey you're punished. I know I'm probably exaggerating here, but I do commend Stoops, on making a swift, tough decision. I honestly don't know what this is gonna do to Oklahomas season. Bomar certainly showed potential, but they still needed to get on Petersons back against 8 and 9 man fronts this year. Now, they still need to get on Petersons back agaisnt 8 and 9 man fronts. The question is... can Thompson make teams pay, like Bomar potentially could? And sarge... I will give you a chance to get out of our bet right now. Losing the starting QB is huge. If Iowa lost Tate, we'd be screwed, so I can understand if you wanted to get out of the bet.

I will say this... if this happened at say... Free Shoes University, or Miami Pre-Coker, or Alabama, Bomar prolly would have been suspended for the first half of the game against Oklahoma School of the Blind. And say, hey you're punished. I know I'm probably exaggerating here, but I do commend Stoops, on making a swift, tough decision. I honestly don't know what this is gonna do to Oklahomas season. Bomar certainly showed potential, but they still needed to get on Petersons back against 8 and 9 man fronts this year. Now, they still need to get on Petersons back agaisnt 8 and 9 man fronts. The question is... can Thompson make teams pay, like Bomar potentially could? And sarge... I will give you a chance to get out of our bet right now. Losing the starting QB is huge. If Iowa lost Tate, we'd be screwed, so I can understand if you wanted to get out of the bet.

yeah, because FSU doesn't have a history of kicking trouble makers off thier teams. :D Adrian McPherson, Fred Rouse, Laveranues Coles, and Randy Moss were all given three chances, however, they used them up and were promptly kicked the hell out. get your (the really bad word)ing facts straight.

And sarge... I will give you a chance to get out of our bet right now. Losing the starting QB is huge. If Iowa lost Tate, we'd be screwed, so I can understand if you wanted to get out of the bet.

a Bet is a bet. . I appreciate the gesture, but I made the bet, and Ill stick to it.

OU wins 10 games, I win, they win 9 or less you win.

Same holds true for Professor and Oregon. That game looks dicey as hell now. But I made the bet, and Ill stand behind it. No excuses.

This is a sad thing for the school, as one or two dumb asses hurt the program. Stoops suffered through growing pains last yr to give this kid a chance to play and be something in years 2-4, and how does he repay Bob, he screws up before the start of year 2, and hurts the team and the future for this yr and next, as no blue chip QB wanted to come sit behind Bomar, so the depth on the bench isnt what it could have been. There was little chance Peterson was coming back his senior yr, but without National Champion asperations next yr with Bomar, no way he helps the program and potentially hurts his future earnings with an injury.

Let's remember that Oregon last year played the Sooners with their 3rd string QB and lost a close game that they could have won so losing the #1 guy isn't that huge. Most D1 programs have a guy that can step right in. The Sooners will be fine.

The season before, OU destroyed the same Oregon team with their starting QB, that game last yr was close because how conservative the Sooners were with Chuck Long as OC. I hope that changes this year, but the reigns may be pulled back in with a new QB. Damn this sucks, but then again, Bomar could get hurt in week one and the team is in the same situation, so they should have developed a legit backup, which it doesnt look like that was done.