[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do people think Randy Moss will screw us again?

Liverlips

I personally have taken Moss thinking this is his next year of "studness". Been burned the last couple. I know he's good but still top 5 like he is always ranked. Of course I'm drinking the Randy fruit juice, but is it warranted to think he is still top 5? :D

Edited by Liverlips

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moss' production WHEN HEALTHY is still sick.

But I don't know that he is Joe Offseason training, which means that if you draft him, you risk more of the same from the last couple years.

3rd round sounds like a worthwhile place, I can see him sneaking into the mid-2nd; higher than that, I'd get skittish (actually, I'd get skittish in the mid-2nd but could justify pulling the trigger).

Moss' production WHEN HEALTHY is still sick.

But I don't know that he is Joe Offseason training, which means that if you draft him, you risk more of the same from the last couple years.

3rd round sounds like a worthwhile place, I can see him sneaking into the mid-2nd; higher than that, I'd get skittish (actually, I'd get skittish in the mid-2nd but could justify pulling the trigger).

all the other tier 1 WR's were gone when I took him...

Steve Smith was taken 2nd overall NKLDLNFLS

I really doubt I end up with Moss in any of my leagues. I just don't value him as much as others. As already mentioned, his offseason work-outs are not the thing of legend. And it's been showing the last few years. Plus, he's got Aaron Brooks throwing to him, and you know how I feel about him. . .

I really doubt I end up with Moss in any of my leagues. I just don't value him as much as others. As already mentioned, his offseason work-outs are not the thing of legend. And it's been showing the last few years. Plus, he's got Aaron Brooks throwing to him, and you know how I feel about him. . .

I concur....

I had no choice but to take him in a recent draft as everyone was a WR wh0re....except me and one other person..

Hook is wise, thought I think Brooks-to-Moss isn't the worst hookup out there.

Randy should be anywhere from the 8th-10th WR off the board. Which would make him about a middle 3rd selection. IMHO all these guys between 8-14 are crapshoots really. Not alot seperating them.

8. Moss

9. Ward

10. Wayne

11. Chambers

12. S Moss

13. Roy Williams

14. Djax/Driver

Moss is capable of outplaying these guys, but I just don't see it happening in OAK this season. If he would've come a couple years back with Rich Gannon he would've been GOLD in S&B, but hey... I'll still take him here with Brooks/Walter.

Randy should be anywhere from the 8th-10th WR off the board. Which would make him about a middle 3rd selection. IMHO all these guys between 8-14 are crapshoots really. Not alot seperating them.

8. Moss

9. Ward

10. Wayne

11. Chambers

12. S Moss

13. Roy Williams

14. Djax/Driver

Moss is capable of outplaying these guys, but I just don't see it happening in OAK this season. If he would've come a couple years back with Rich Gannon he would've been GOLD in S&B, but hey... I'll still take him here with Brooks/Walter.

I would definitely take Ward, Wayne, and Chambers ahead of Moss.

I would definitely take Ward, Wayne, and Chambers ahead of Moss.

really?...maybe Chambers or Wayne.....

but I have Driver ahead of them both...

a few months back I didn't even have RMoss in my top 10...

and SMoss is around 20th to me..

Randy Moss...hmmm...thoughts from a lurker...

I've never had Randy Moss on a team of mine, but this year I traded Steve Smith for him in my serious keeper league and I've never been happier. My other keeper is LJ, and I don't think SS will produce like he did last year when I stole him in the 6th round. regardless of my bias, I've always had an man-love relationship with Randy. Maybe I'm drinking the fruit juice, too, but I think he'll be back to his-Hall Of Fame-self again this year. Yeah, the Raiders suc--*sorry fans* again this year like they ahve for the past 5, but you can't argue with Randy's healthy production. When he is on the field, it is a whole different game, and that is exactly what you want to look for in FF. Someone who changes the dynamic of the game when present. I would suggest to anyone to take Randy when available as the best player. Best advice I can give without seeing him play for real. If Aaron Brooks can't get it done, Andrew Walter will and just search for him on youtube and you will see what I'm talking about. Again, take Randy if he is the best available, and by that, I mean, before anyone else can.

FWIW, I see Randy with 1300yds, 16 TDs this year. Another year to talk about, but the Raiders still su--

Is this a contract year for ol' #18?

I've never had Randy Moss on a team of mine, but this year I traded Steve Smith for him in my serious keeper league and I've never been happier. My other keeper is LJ, and I don't think SS will produce like he did last year when I stole him in the 6th round. regardless of my bias, I've always had an man-love relationship with Randy. Maybe I'm drinking the fruit juice, too, but I think he'll be back to his-Hall Of Fame-self again this year. Yeah, the Raiders suc--*sorry fans* again this year like they ahve for the past 5, but you can't argue with Randy's healthy production. When he is on the field, it is a whole different game, and that is exactly what you want to look for in FF. Someone who changes the dynamic of the game when present. I would suggest to anyone to take Randy when available as the best player. Best advice I can give without seeing him play for real. If Aaron Brooks can't get it done, Andrew Walter will and just search for him on youtube and you will see what I'm talking about. Again, take Randy if he is the best available, and by that, I mean, before anyone else can.

FWIW, I see Randy with 1300yds, 16 TDs this year. Another year to talk about, but the Raiders still su--

did you do that trade straight up?

if you did, you are :D

but I have Driver ahead of them both...

I just don't like where GB is going. I'm not sure Favre is going to be "in to it" this year. Too many questions about their offense. Although, I've always undervalued Driver. :D

Agreed on S. Moss. It's only a matter of time before teams shut down that little bubble screen that he kept turning into 70 yard TD's last year. Don't like Brunell either.

Edited by CaptainHook

WOW! SSmith for Moss? That's big time man-love....

PS Avernus. SMoss isn't in my top 30, just goin on general rankings I see throughout the web and that. Me personally...

1. TO

2. Smith

3. Holt

4. CJ

5. Fitz

6. Harrison

7. Boldin

8. RMoss

9. Wayne

10. Chambers

11. Driver

12. Roy Williams

13. Djax

14. Ward (too many blaw games, not a consistent threat in FF, although the same may be said about Chambers too)

yeah, straight up trade, I've lost three Super Bowls in a row in this league (10 team, 2 keepers) aaargh!

I'm pretty set on the fact that SSmith will not be who he was last year. . . maybe next year, but not in 2006. Oakland will be playing from behind and yeah, I'm a gambler, but it's paid off so far.

I just don't like where GB is going. I'm not sure Favre is going to be "in to it" this year. Too many questions about their offense. Although, I've always undervalued Driver. :D

Agreed on S. Moss. It's only a matter of time before teams shut down that little bubble screen that he kept turning into 70 yard TD's last year. Don't like Brunell either.

yeah I always undervalue Driver as well...

and I really don't want to draft SMoss....RaiderNation said he doesn't have him in his top 30....

If I sat down and ranked my WR's...I wouldn't be shocked if my rankings panned out like that...

WOW! SSmith for Moss? That's big time man-love....

PS Avernus. SMoss isn't in my top 30, just goin on general rankings I see throughout the web and that. Me personally...

1. TO

2. Smith

3. Holt

4. CJ

5. Fitz

6. Harrison

7. Boldin

8. RMoss

9. Wayne

10. Chambers

11. Driver

12. Roy Williams

13. Djax

14. Ward (too many blaw games, not a consistent threat in FF, although the same may be said about Chambers too)

I dropped TO and SMith because of their hammy's.....until further notice.....I have seen what a bad hammy can do and it's dangerous....

1. CJ

2. Holt

3. SSmith

4. TO

5. Fitz

6. Harrison

7. Boldin

8. RMoss

9. Driver

10. Chambers

11. Wayne

12. RoyW

13. DJax

14. Mason

15. Ward

16. AJ

17. Horn

18. Muhammed

19. Burress

20. SMoss

wow, you can tell how long it's been since I posted here by my quote, MLB strike..what was that, 2004?

anyhoo, I think Randy will be OK this year, my overall rankings...

1. C Johnson

2. R Moss

3. T Holt

4. L Fitz

5. T Owens

6. R Wayne

7. A Boldin/S Smith*

8. M Harrison

9. Sa. Moss

10. D Jackson

*if healthy, long shot

Randy has done some incredible things in Fantasy Football. With that said he has become moderately injury prone but more importantly, i wonder where his head and heart are at sometimes. Playing for a team that i dont see winning more than 5 games, one has to wonder how motivated he will be.

Hes probably the BEST WR in the game, but at this point in time, hes very borderline to be even Top 5. Buyer Beware.

I blame Randy's conditioning....

he probably spends his summers hangin out at night, banging broads and smoking alot of pot....

then wakes up, runs and does a little lifting....

but he's likely not doing anything to prevent any injuries...he's taking things for granted...