[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eric Shelton

polksalet

I'd say it's 50-50 he get's cut, I hope he see's a little more action this weekend than last, as I'd like to see him run behind the 1st team OLine. Fox wants a power back-so his leash may be longer than it should be-time will tell on this one. He's around 252lbs I believe-if he get's some time then will be able to get a read, but very little from TC news wise and just a littlePT late in the 4th last week-so far, nothing to go on.

• 3 weeks later...

from the huddle's latest team reports....

--RB Eric Shelton, a second-round pick in 2005 out of Louisville, survived the final roster cut to 53 players. He spent last year on IR.

He ran with power in the Pittsburgh game.

I'm actually shocked he didn't get cut. I wonder if they are trying to pimp some trade value out of him, because he wouldn't have lasted long on the waiver wire.

I see him being deactivated for a fair amount of games though. He's a fourth string running back who doesn't play special teams, that's a lot of games in street clothes.

According to the Charlotte Observer, RB Eric Shelton might be used as the Panthers' short-yardage back.

It seems somewhat unlikely that the team would suddenly trust Shelton in such an important role, but the newspaper points out that Carolina's other backs aren't exactly bruisers. Another option is Nick Goings.

The buzz going into TC was the GL and 3rd and short RB, so perhaps that was the plan all along and the low reps in PS may have been a "keep'em ready" for the season move by Fox. The Pitt game was the best and the most, for that matter, I've seen him play since getting drafted. He continues to have a bit of a problem reading DT schemes ala picking up the blitz, so when he's in..hand-off up the gut or off tackle.