[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Gore in trouble now?

giantsfan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think as long as he is healthy he will still be the guy from A to Z, but he needs to stop fumbling. That's 3 in 3 games and 2 inside the 5 returned for TD's in 2 weeks. You can't forget what Gore has done based on some garbage time running by Robinson, but again Gore may not be healthy, and he needs to stop fumbling.

As long as Gore is healthy he will be the starter. This past week the RB coach worked on Gore with ball securing drills, and may need more practice. Gore is one of Nolan's guys, and the past two weeks it was reported that Gore calls Nolan on the phone after the games to get his opinion on what he did right and wrong.

As long as Gore is healthy he will be the starter. This past week the RB coach worked on Gore with ball securing drills, and may need more practice. Gore is one of Nolan's guys, and the past two weeks it was reported that Gore calls Nolan on the phone after the games to get his opinion on what he did right and wrong.

I agree. But is he healthy for next week and will he stay healthy? Those are the questions more than will Robinson take his job if Gore is ready to go in next weeks game.

Don't get so happy yet. He still was okay considering their O did nothing when he was in there, and if he didn't get knocked out he could of had 2 TD's. Now if he's hurt then you can be happy (that sounds bad I know).

I'm happy anyways. Very deep at RB in that league (Edge, McGahee, K. Jones, T. Jones, Maroney) so I figured I could upgrade my WR corps. Worked out well the first week. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

I'm happy anyways. Very deep at RB in that league (Edge, McGahee, K. Jones, T. Jones) so I figured I could upgrade my WR corps. Worked out well the first week. . .

Now that's a different story. As you know my point is Gore can still be a top 10ish RB that's all. I must admit though at this point the chances of Gore lasting the season, even if he does come back healthy next week, may be slim. He is always hurt.

Now that's a different story. As you know my point is Gore can still be a top 10ish RB that's all. I must admit though at this point the chances of Gore lasting the season, even if he does come back healthy next week, may be slim. He is always hurt.

Yeah, after his first two weeks, I figured I should trade when he is hot.

Yeah, after his first two weeks, I figured I should trade when he is hot.

I am wishing I did the same thing right now. Not because he struggled today, because to be quite honest he still had 7 points in my league in a little over a half of playing time when his O was really doing zero, but because I just don't think he can stay healthy all season. All I can say is I hope he comes back strong next week so I can deal him while he's healthy.

May have worked this week, but I still think you are on the raw end of the deal assuming Gore is okay. Seeing your team, I understand why you did it, but Gore isn't the guy of that bunch I would want to trade away.

I thought it was a no-brainer, and I'd do it again in heartbeat.

49ers RB Frank Gore had a rough game against the Eagles. He had 16 carries for 52 yards and lost a fumble on the goal-line. He then left the game in the third quarter with an abdominal strain and didn't return. He also had six catches for 22 yards.

(Updated 09/24/2006).

FANTASY ANALYSIS

Gore has been a monster so far this season but struggled against the Eagles before leaving the game. Keep an eye on his injury throughout the week before putting him in the lineup for Week 4 against Kansas City.

I think it is the ab not a hammy. We'll see but an ab is better than a hammy IMO.

49ers RB Frank Gore had a rough game against the Eagles. He had 16 carries for 52 yards and lost a fumble on the goal-line. He then left the game in the third quarter with an abdominal strain and didn't return. He also had six catches for 22 yards.

(Updated 09/24/2006).

FANTASY ANALYSIS

Gore has been a monster so far this season but struggled against the Eagles before leaving the game. Keep an eye on his injury throughout the week before putting him in the lineup for Week 4 against Kansas City.

I think it is the ab not a hammy. We'll see but an ab is better than a hammy IMO.

Not necessarily. Hasn't Shaun Springs missed the start of the season with abdominal injury?

Not necessarily. Hasn't Shaun Springs missed the start of the season with abdominal injury?

He had a tear. Not a strain. And a groin issue to boot. So until we hear tear with Gore not near the same thing...good try though...LOL.

On Wednesday afternoon, cornerback Shawn Springs headed out to practice for the first time in more than a month, with Washington Redskins coaches and athletic trainers optimistic that he would be able to make his season debut Sunday in Houston. But yesterday Springs was receiving more treatment for a groin injury while his teammates were on the practice field wondering when he will play.

Springs, who underwent surgery Aug. 14 to repair an abdominal muscle that had torn from the pelvic bone, had to leave the field with a groin strain, meaning the team will be without its best defensive back for a third straight game. Bubba Tyer, director of sports medicine, said Springs will rest for several days before working with athletic trainers next week. A return for Week 4 is a possibility but not a certainty.

Gore walked to the locker room after the play and the extent of

his injury won't be known until Monday. Coach Mike Nolan said he

was questionable for next week.

Gore finished with 52 yards on 16 carries and also caught six

passes for 22 yards. But it was the fumble at the 1 -- his third

overall and second at the goal line this season -- that was his most

important play of the day.

"It concerns me," Nolan said. "The second two happened the

same way. He hits the pile and gets the ball knocked out."

I thought it was a no-brainer, and I'd do it again in heartbeat.

Understood with your team lineup, but, assuming Gore is not seriously injured, I think he gets solid points most weeks and fills the tougher-than-starting-WR slot. As opposed to Fitz, who is a stud WR for sure, but there are more of them out there then the RB position.

Nolan may consider using Robinson as his short yardage guy :

from espn

It concerns me," Nolan said. "The second two happened the same way. He hits the pile and gets the ball knocked out."

Rookie Michael Robinson, a quarterback at Penn State last year, replaced Gore and scored on a pair of 1-yard runs. Nolan said Robinson could become the team's short-yardage back.

Nolan may consider using Robinson as his short yardage guy :

from espn

It concerns me," Nolan said. "The second two happened the same way. He hits the pile and gets the ball knocked out."

Rookie Michael Robinson, a quarterback at Penn State last year, replaced Gore and scored on a pair of 1-yard runs. Nolan said Robinson could become the team's short-yardage back.

That would crush me! Say it aint so!