[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Benson sucks

Big Ernie McCracken

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was me. I also stated that Benson is a larger type back that has to have touches to be productive. He is the kind of back that needs 20+ touches, and he can really wear a defense down. It is doubtful that he will break many long runs (20 yards or more) but if given the chance I think he can get 4.4-4.6 ypc pretty easily. He averaged over 6 in college.

Big deal. College was a long time ago with a bunch of players who will never see the NFL lined up against him. Kajana Carter was also a big back that was supposed to wear down defenses. And how's Ron "never passed a Hot Dog cart I didn't stop at" Dayne workign out in the NFL? I am so tired of statements like this, this is the Mel Kiper mentality of "instant impact" rookie syndrome. You don't know that he can do anything, he obviously can't stay healthy in the Pro's and the Bears obviously don't see any value in running him despiet a HUGH contract. What he did in college means crap in the pro's.

With all that has been said on this thread I guess we'll just have to wait another few weeks until TJ gets hurt and then he will get his shot. I still believe that Benson can play at this level and we will see. The rbbc teams know that their are few rbs that can handle the full load for the full year anymore. Sucks for ff, but also makes an interesting twist as well.

Looks like this observation was pretty much spot on:

Benson did get 10 carries when CHI was blowing out DET but this past week the game was too close... they couldnt afford to have a guy in there who couldnt pass block, he doesnt sound as mentally tough as Jones who has been through adversity and been in the dog house himself, and he clearly isnt a favorite with his team mates.

When the Bears get up comfortably on a team again, or when T Jones gets hurt again he will get his chance. When he does he has to step up. They drafted him high, they paid him the money I am sure they would love a return on that investment.. until he gets that chance he needs to keep his mouth shut and stop moping. Be a man, a goot teamate, a pro, and be prepared.

Chicago plays at home vs SEA this week.. I dont see the Bears getting up big on Seattle so there is a good chance he doesnt get much PT again.. hopefully he handles it better.

Edited by RussMan

Benson's sense of entitlement based on his college career and lofty draft status has made him a pariah on a team that, other than him, seems to be of one mind and one goal. he's a big farkin' baby :D:D:lol::lol::brew::woot::brow::pop::lol::bash:

Benson's a good example of the difference between physical and mental toughness.