[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

V.Hobson, T.Howard, D. Thornton or C. Miller

Tally

I lost Angelo Crowell and need to replace him. Does anyone have any opinions on which of these 4 LB's will put up the best fantasy numbers not only for the rest of the season but also for this week in particular as I have a huge game with a win needed to make the playoff's. I will be starting him as my #3 along with K. Morrison and B. Urlacher and my scoring system is....

.5 Pt- asst tackles

1Pt- per tackle with bonus pts starting after 5 tackles

2 Pts- Safety

2 Pt- INT

1 Pt- Pass defended

2 Pts -Forced fumble

1 Pt -Fumble recovery

6 Pts - TD

I'm leaning towards Howard because I feel CIN will be able to keep the chains moving, keeping the OAK D on the field for the most tackling opportunities.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Edited by Tally

At this point in the season, you need to go with the hottest player... Hobson.

Getting at least 5 tackles is very important because it give's me a 2 point bonus and guarantees me no less than 7 pts scored. Which aint terrible for #3. Hobson only has 3 games of 5+ tackles (the last 3 in a row) and the last time he played Buffalo he only had 1 tackle, although it was a sack. Howard on the other hand has 10 games of 5 or more tackles and has been pretty damn consistent. Does any of this info change your opinion? Or do you still think going with the hot hand is the best move? Thanks.

Not to be contrarian to Darin...he is the IDP expert and all :D ...but I like Howard too. I traded him away earlier this year and wished I had packaged Lemar instead of Howard. He is fast. He plays on the kick and punt coverage teams....which is bonus opps for tackles. BTW, he is the gunner on punt teams!!! The only thing keeping him from being the best scoring LBer on his team is sacks and ints and touchdowns. He has none of these. I suspect that will change and soon...and you could be there to take part in it.

But Hobson is the main reason Vilma hasn't gotten the numbers this year. So, Darin has a HUGE point. Anyway, I like the opportunities that Thomas has to make tackles...on def and special teams both.

Not to be contrarian to Darin...he is the IDP expert and all :D ...but I like Howard too. I traded him away earlier this year and wished I had packaged Lemar instead of Howard. He is fast. He plays on the kick and punt coverage teams....which is bonus opps for tackles. BTW, he is the gunner on punt teams!!! The only thing keeping him from being the best scoring LBer on his team is sacks and ints and touchdowns. He has none of these. I suspect that will change and soon...and you could be there to take part in it.

But Hobson is the main reason Vilma hasn't gotten the numbers this year. So, Darin has a HUGE point. Anyway, I like the opportunities that Thomas has to make tackles...on def and special teams both.

Prior to last week's 9 solo / 1 assist game, Howard had 5 solos vs. the Chargers and 1 solo / 1 assist vs. the Chiefs... a couple of heavy running teams - and now he's facing the Rams (a team that passes quite a bit... granted, many dump-offs go to S-Jax). I like Howard. A lot. I'm bummed I traded him away in a league. But the guy JUST tackles. His only IDP stats other than tackles are two passes defensed. No INTs. No sacks. No forced fumbles. No fumble recoveries.

Also, so what if he makes special teams tackles? I don't think those count.

I think Hobson gets 5+ tackles. There's no reason to think why he wouldn't. Plus, he gets you those "extras" - sacks, forced fumbles, etc.

Edited by darin3

My league does not give points for any special team stats. The stats must happen when the defensive unit is on the field. Does that change your opinon at all?

Prior to last week's 9 solo / 1 assist game, Howard had 5 solos vs. the Chargers and 1 solo / 1 assist vs. the Chiefs... a couple of heavy running teams - and now he's facing the Rams (a team that passes quite a bit... granted, many dump-offs go to S-Jax). I like Howard. A lot. I'm bummed I traded him away in a league. But the guy JUST tackles. His only IDP stats other than tackles are two passes defensed. No INTs. No sacks. No forced fumbles. No fumble recoveries.

Also, so what if he makes special teams tackles? I don't think those count.

I think Hobson gets 5+ tackles. There's no reason to think why he wouldn't. Plus, he gets you those "extras" - sacks, forced fumbles, etc.

Week 11 was a terrible game for him. From a consistency standpoint however it really was his only bad game of the year. Also, Thomas Howard of the OAK Raiders. Perhaps you were thinking of a different player because OAK plays CIN on Sunday and the Rams play CHI Monday night. Thanks for your input Darin.

My league does not give points for any special team stats. The stats must happen when the defensive unit is on the field. Does that change your opinon at all?

From that standpoint....maybe...I would get his special teams tackles because a tackle is a tackle in our league...but like I said...I like Howard. But it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Hobson smoked him this week. I would say trust Darin...he knows the players and defenses well...even if he got the opponent wrong... :D

From that standpoint....maybe...I would get his special teams tackles because a tackle is a tackle in our league...but like I said...I like Howard. But it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Hobson smoked him this week. I would say trust Darin...he knows the players and defenses well...even if he got the opponent wrong... :D

Rams, Cincy, whatever... :D

No sweat!! Hope your in the playoffs and doing well. I actually got the top seed in our league which is usually the kiss of death. 10-3 is pretty good considering my WR lineup.

Some leagues, good. Some other leagues, not so good. Good luck in the playoffs.

Some leagues, good. Some other leagues, not so good. Good luck in the playoffs.

Howard did well...and got Tally into his bonus...but Hobson smoked him.

The surprising thing about the Jets Lbers is that Vilma is damn near invisible. I mean he does ok..but no impact plays. Anyway...good call this week on Hobson...he put up beast numbers.

Howard did well...and got Tally into his bonus...but Hobson smoked him.

The surprising thing about the Jets Lbers is that Vilma is damn near invisible. I mean he does ok..but no impact plays. Anyway...good call this week on Hobson...he put up beast numbers.

Actually Howard didn’t get the bonus he was credited with 4 tackles and 5 ast tackles so he ended up with 6.5 total pts and Hobson also had 4tackles but with the 2 sacks he ended up with 9pts. I should have listened to you guys!!! (Luckily I still won my game) I just really felt the CIN offense would give Howard the most opportunities.

Do you guys feel this week Hobson is still the better option? because I think I'm going to pick him up with my WW move and drop Howard. The matchups for these players are St. Louis at Oakland and N.Y. Jets at Minnesota