[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 16 Gamblers (Anonymous) Thread

Steeltown Dre

I can't believe there are so many people pimping the Bills today. Betting against a streak like the Titans are on is pure suicide.

Lots of people get caught up betting against a streak continuing, and that is the wrong bet to make. When you start betting on a streak to end, you can get sucked into the quicksand quick. I am guilty of this from time to time (i.e. Steelers in last years playoffs), and boy did I pay for that mistake.

I understand that all reason and logic points to a Bills cover today. But I wouldn't bet against the Titans under any circumstances right now. I may end up wrong, but even if I am wrong I will not feel bad about it, because I made the right bet, which is WITH the streak.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe there are so many people pimping the Bills today. Betting against a streak like the Titans are on is pure suicide.

Lots of people get caught up betting against a streak continuing, and that is the wrong bet to make. When you start betting on a streak to end, you can get sucked into the quicksand quick. I am guilty of this from time to time (i.e. Steelers in last years playoffs), and boy did I pay for that mistake.

I understand that all reason and logic points to a Bills cover today. But I wouldn't bet against the Titans under any circumstances right now. I may end up wrong, but even if I am wrong I will not feel bad about it, because I made the right bet, which is WITH the streak.

Yes, Tenn is on a great 6 game streak ATS....

But you know Buff is on a 7 game streak ATS?

Either way, your betting against a big streak

Yes, Tenn is on a great 6 game streak ATS....

But you know Buff is on a 7 game streak ATS?

Either way, your betting against a big streak

Yes I know the Bills have also been on a hot streak. But the Titans streak has been more "magical" with them winning in unbelievable ways. (case in point: the way the Bills game ended today) They have some mojo going that you simply cannot bet against. I just felt I needed to try to sway all the people jumping on Buffalo today, seemingly discounting the Titans mojo.

I hit a nice ML bet on the Titans/Ravens/Saints. Thank you Buffalo Bills!!

P.S. And when faced with two teams on streaks against the spread, I'll take the team getting 4.5 points!

Edited by rattsass

Yes I know the Bills have also been on a hot streak. But the Titans streak has been more "magical" with them winning in unbelievable ways. (case in point: the way the Bills game ended today) They have some mojo going that you simply cannot bet against. I just felt I needed to try to sway all the people jumping on Buffalo today, seemingly discounting the Titans mojo.

I hit a nice ML bet on the Titans/Ravens/Saints. Thank you Buffalo Bills!!

I hit ML parlay on Baltimore & Carolina. Another in the works with New England & Cincinnati.

happy new christmas eve. what a day. i'm crocked. but at least i'm crocked with a lot more money in my wallet than it had to begin the day. i got ;this guy at the suncoast with alot more means than i to bet a moneyline parlay of saints, bucs, and pats. we hit big. i'm snockerd. mererrier new yr to all.

sidenote: we lost hard on the skins moneyline when theat mother f''''n betts fumbled away our victory.

I like Arizona State tonight. :D

And, as a blind homer, it's impossible for me to be impartial towards the Pats, but I think they are in a good spot today. Ever since Brady and Belichick have hooked up, these are the kinds of games the Pats always seem to win. Late in the season, chance to clinch the division, the public thinking the Pats aren't as good (thus the +3), the team only getting one player in the Pro Bowl, etc....Watching these guys as long as I have, I have a feeling today.

:doh::D:tup::bash::clap:

Edited by Vinatieri Is God