[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Javon Walker has a separated shoulder

Randall

DENVER -- Jay Cutler found a rhythm with wide receiver Javon Walker in the Denver Broncos' win last weekend. The rookie quarterback may have to look elsewhere this Sunday.

Walker has a first-degree shoulder separation and will likely be listed as questionable for Sunday, when the Broncos (8-6) host the Cincinnati Bengals (8-6) in a game that could go a long way to determining a wild-card spot.

Walker suffered the injury in the first half of last Sunday's 37-20 win at Arizona. He finished the contest but did not have a catch in the second half.

"He [Walker] had a first-degree separation of his shoulder and took a shot, I believe, in the second quarter," Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said. "I think it's a little bit sore."

Denver's leading receiver, Walker saw his production drop once Cutler assumed the starting quarterback position against Seattle on Dec. 3. But prior to Walker's injury, the duo hooked up five times for 84 yards and a touchdown against Arizona.

Acquired in an offseason trade with Green Bay, Walker has 62 receptions for 1,007 yards and seven TDs this season.

Denver is tied with Cincinnati, the New York Jets and Jacksonville in the battle for the two wild-card spots.

Here's what Shanny had to say about it....

"He took a shot in that second quarter," Shanahan said. "It's a little bit sore, but according to Greek (Head Athletic Trainer Steve Antonopulos), if we were playing a game today, he could play, so that's a good sign."
www.denverbroncos.com

He only had 2 touches in the second half. He is tough but I plan of benching him for my superbowl.

Who are you starting over him? I have Antonio Bryant that I could start instead of Walker, but I'd rather have and injured Walker than a lame Bryant.

Who are you starting over him? I have Antonio Bryant that I could start instead of Walker, but I'd rather have and injured Walker than a lame Bryant.

Glenn or Stallworth. If he looks good later in the week I'll start him. I started Glenn last week because of TO - I thought whining about the coaches and talking about snitches would limit his receptions. I should have known better.

Nagging obviously works.

If Walker can't play maybe I should just forfeit considering I am projected a 20 point dog going into the game. Already looking at replace Vick and my backup WR's are Gallaway or Edwards. One of these will be starting along side A. Johnson who has been non productive for awhile. :D