[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hey Colts Fans

Big Red

Believe what you want Colts fans. It's playoff time, so none of the regular season stuff matter. The Colts are 3-6 under Manning in the playoffs, so going 1-1 this year will improve his overall percentage. IF the Colts make it here, the former Colts will be on our sideline, so feel free to insert any ex-girlfriend jokes when you see that on TV.

We'll wait and see. If the Colts somehow find a way to stop LJ, then we can have us a nice sig line bet.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it really sad that you two are fans of the second seed in the AFC, yet you spend more time here cursing the Irsay family than celebrating your team. You sound more like jilted lovers than Ravens fans. :D

You'll be even sadder when the Ravens are hoisting a second Lombardi Trophy. Scoreboard, anyone? :D

Professional Football Championship Games:

1958 (NFL) - Baltimore Colts 23, New York Giants 17 (OT)

1959 (NFL) - Baltimore Colts 31, New York Giants 16

1970 (NFL) - Super Bowl V - 1/17/71 AFC Baltimore Colts 16, NFC Dallas Cowboys 13

1985 (USFL) - Baltimore Stars 28, Oakland Invaders 24 :D

2000 (NFL) - Super Bowl XXXV - 1/28/01 AFC Baltimore Ravens 34, NFC New York Giants 7

Indianapolis - none

I'm a COLTS fan and couldn't care less about Baltimore and its crime-ridden downtown. But nice try. :D

I'm a COLTS fan and couldn't care less about Baltimore and its crime-ridden downtown. But nice try. :D

That is the difference in our opinions.

Baltimore fans do not care about the Browns prior to '96 or the MLB Browns before their move to Baltimore. We just don't consider it our history, even though it is the same franchise.

Indy fans seem to want to consider the Baltimore Colts history their own. I will never understand that. I will never believe people in Indy cared about the Colts until they became a candidate to move, and it just seems silly to me that anyone in Indy would want to consider that part of their NFL history.

There doesn't seem to be a clear 'legal' decision to support either side either. The Colts are listed as Indy Colts in the HOF even though all but one played in Baltimore. However, the SB V replica Lombardi Trophy was awarded to The City of Baltimore as part of the lawsuit the came about as a result of the move.

Either way, the vast majority of Baltimore Colt players will be on our sidelines. It's great that we still have that part of our NFL past. It will be even sweeter if/when the Ravens knock the Colts out of the playoffs under those circumstances. In fact, beating the Colts at home and then winning the Lombardi and thus taking it from the division rival Steelers would be one of the best sports moments in Baltimore history, but I'm a little ahead of the game there.

By the way, is Dwight Freeny a UFA after this season? I read that he has hit performance benchmarks that allow him to void the rest of his deal and test the market?

We like our jails the way we like our trophy cases: FULL :D

Maybe that is the theory Cincy is trying out?

Most of Baltimore City, all of Baltimore County and the surrounding counties that make up the Baltimore Metropolitan area (Anne Arrundal, Howard, Harford, Carroll and York in PA) are VERY nice. It's the drug/gang infested portions of west and some of east Baltimore that give it the black eye. As long as you aren't a gang banger, you are VERY safe in 98% of the City and Counties.

Maybe that is the theory Cincy is trying out?

Most of Baltimore City, all of Baltimore County and the surrounding counties that make up the Baltimore Metropolitan area (Anne Arrundal, Howard, Harford, Carroll and York in PA) are VERY nice. It's the drug/gang infested portions of west and some of east Baltimore that give it the black eye. As long as you aren't a gang banger, you are VERY safe in 98% of the City and Counties.

Quite true! There are a few areas you don't want to wander into, but isn't that the case in most cities :D

That is the difference in our opinions.

Baltimore fans do not care about the Browns prior to '96 or the MLB Browns before their move to Baltimore. We just don't consider it our history, even though it is the same franchise.

Indy fans seem to want to consider the Baltimore Colts history their own. I will never understand that. I will never believe people in Indy cared about the Colts until they became a candidate to move, and it just seems silly to me that anyone in Indy would want to consider that part of their NFL history.

There doesn't seem to be a clear 'legal' decision to support either side either. The Colts are listed as Indy Colts in the HOF even though all but one played in Baltimore. However, the SB V replica Lombardi Trophy was awarded to The City of Baltimore as part of the lawsuit the came about as a result of the move.

From what I've seen, most Indy fans consider the history "shared" to a certain extent. Obviously, a good portion of that history will never leave Baltimore and, overall, most people in Indy recognize and respect that.

Keep in mind that Rams fans in St. Louis consider their history in L.A. as their own as well and that football fans in Oakland didn't erase their team's history during their stint in L.A.

What I don't understand is why people in Baltimore still give a crap about the Colts. They haven't won crap since 1970, while the Ravens won just 6 years ago. Nevertheless, Baltimore football fans continue to whine and girl dog about the evil Bob Irsay (who no longer runs the team) and conveniently ignore the fact that Modell did the same thing to Cleveland just a decade ago. Jesus Christ, it's been 22 years now. Get over it.

It will be even sweeter if/when the Ravens knock the Colts out of the playoffs under those circumstances.

If the Colts win on Saturday, I'll be down for a sig line bet (as long as it's civil). I believe that the Ravens are a better overall team, but I'm optimistic that the Colts can overcome the odds.

By the way, is Dwight Freeny a UFA after this season? I read that he has hit performance benchmarks that allow him to void the rest of his deal and test the market?

I'm not sure about Freeney's contract status. What I do know is that he's been awful this year. Part of that was because of injuries earlier this season. But even recently, he hasn't been beating OTs to the QB and is as bad against the run as he's ever been.

Edited by Bill Swerski

What I don't understand is why people in Baltimore still give a crap about the Colts. They haven't won crap since 1970, while the Ravens won just 6 years ago. Nevertheless, Baltimore football fans continue to whine and girl dog about the evil Bob Irsay (who no longer runs the team) and conveniently ignore the fact that Modell did the same thing to Cleveland just a decade ago. Jesus Christ, it's been 22 years now. Get over it.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree here.

If the Colts win on Saturday, I'll be down for a sig line bet (as long as it's civil). I believe that the Ravens are a better overall team, but I'm optimistic that the Colts can overcome the odds.

I'm pretty certain the Colts will win this week, and I am praying that they do. :D

From what I've seen, most Indy fans consider the history "shared" to a certain extent. Obviously, a good portion of that history will never leave Baltimore and, overall, most people in Indy recognize and respect that.

I think most instances of leverage of Baltimore Colt history in Indy comes from the Colts themselves. It's felt here that moving the team was always part of Bob Irsay's plans. Remember, this is a Football/Baseball town. No one really gave two craps when the Bullets went to DC, and no one really cared when hockey failed here in the form of 3 AHL teams, 1 WHA team and a near NHL expansion team. The Baltimore Colts are still a part of the city. Many of the people I work with go to Andy Nelson's BBQ, and I've taken my kids to Tom Mitchell's for mini golf. Most of them still make their living here and are still thought of in the same context they did as players.

Keep in mind that Rams fans in St. Louis consider their history in L.A. as their own as well and that football fans in Oakland didn't erase their team's history during their stint in L.A.

Then St. Louis Rams fans are retarded, like their owner's dead husband. They had the Cardinals for a while and should draw on that, even if it was a sad franchise coming and going.

Oakland is a different situation, and I don't know how I'd think on that one.

What I don't understand is why people in Baltimore still give a crap about the Colts. They haven't won crap since 1970, while the Ravens won just 6 years ago.

Most of us don't, and we 'hate' the Colts the way we 'hate' the Steelers. If it would have been the Steelers that had a likely game here in two weeks, I'd have pointed out that they cut Unitas before we got him. Getting the Ravens was a big deal, getting a new stadium was great, and getting a Lombardi Trophy pretty much ended that chapter. My picking on Colts fans for this is really just post season fun that seems to have turned into a Colts/Ravens/Browns pissing match.

Besides, it's always fun to smack down a 'hated' rival, especially when you are assumed to have the upper hand.

Then St. Louis Rams fans are retarded, like their owner's dead husband. They had the Cardinals for a while and should draw on that, even if it was a sad franchise coming and going.

Whether you like it or not, some teams have chosen to take their names/logos/history with them when they've moved to a different city. The fact that you disagree with it doesn't make it wrong. I'm sure that many St. Louis fans think that your unhealthy obsession with the Colts/Irsay is "retarded", not to mention hypocritical.

Enjoy your Ravens this postseason. They have a good shot of going all the way.

Whether you like it or not, some teams have chosen to take their names/logos/history with them when they've moved to a different city. The fact that you disagree with it doesn't make it wrong.

No, the fact that is obviously not logical makes it wrong. It's laughable. It's like when my kids pretend to be big. It's cute for a kid, but just retarded for a free thinking adult.

Enjoy your Ravens this postseason. They have a good shot of going all the way.

Thanks. Good luck to you, except when you play us. :D

No, the fact that is obviously not logical makes it wrong. It's laughable. It's like when my kids pretend to be big. It's cute for a kid, but just retarded for a free thinking adult.

You're right, it's illogical and retarded because you say so. St. Louis football fans are also retards because you say so.

But Art Modell was completely justified in stealing all of Cleveland's players, coaches, and employees because he gave them a new name and snazzy new uniforms. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

You're "it's retarded" argument is about what I'd expect from one of your children. And the free pass that you give the Baltimore Browns (or is it the Cleveland Ravens? :D ) is just downright hypocritical.

Man I hope the Colts win this weekend so WE get to be part of their annual playoff fade :D

But Art Modell was completely justified in stealing all of Cleveland's players, coaches, and employees because he gave them a new name and snazzy new uniforms. :D

For a Colts fan to assume the moral high ground in this debate is what is TRULY laughable :D

Personally I don't even remember the Colts being in Baltimore. I have always viewed the history of the Colts in Baltimore as part of the franchis' history, but not Indianapolis'. I've never felt great pride over Super Bowl V, because it wasn't here. I have no problem with former players feeling more connected to Baltimore because that was their home town.

It's nice to see the Colts now starting to build a new legacy in Indianapolis. For years the Colts were so bad the only connection to glory was back in Baltimore. If this current crop of hall of famers can manage to win a Super Bowl I think it will go a long way to completely severing any ties fans in Indy may feel to the past in Baltimore.

That's tough talk coming from somebody whose team is 0-1 in the postseason over the past five years. :D

That's tough talk from somebody whose team has NEVER won a SB; at least one his city can claim :D

I live in Western Oregon, so it's no surprise that "my city" can't claim a championship. But I can correctly claim that THE COLTS have won a SB. :D

Yes, you are correct, the BALTIMORE COLTS HAVE won a SB in the past :D

I do have to say that I think Bob Irsay was a terrible owner. He meddled way too much in the team. His son is definitely much better at hiring good football people and then staying out of their way.

I remembering hearing an interview a few years ago when there was still a question as to whether the Colts would stay in Indy or not. I can't remember who it was with, but he said that Jim Irsay was more into building tradition than his father was so he didn't think the Colts would move. He also said that he doubted that Jim Irsay would have ever moved the Colts out of Baltimore.