[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hey Colts Fans

Big Red

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll like it when MY team wins its 2nd SB, as opposed to all those Lombardi Trophies the Colts have hoisted since they moved to Indy :D

It may not be Indy that you have to worry about. There is a guy out there who last time I checked is pretty good. He got all but 6 votes for the league MVP. Everyone knows what that team's gameplan is, yet no one can stop them!?!? How do you think that your Ravens will do? They'll go down like the rest of them did.

And seriously bro. Jamal Lewis doesn't scare anyone. I remember last year when he was practicing his best Randy Moss interpretation in taking not only plays, but games off. Not to discredit the remarkable season your team has had, but they've got a tough talk in front of them. Your team will only go as far as your defense carries them. And that will be 1 game short of the AFC championship game. Better tell your secondary to bring their running shoes next week, and make sure they all have plenty of water, cause they're going to get burned all day!

Better tell your secondary to bring their running shoes next week, and make sure they all have plenty of water, cause they're going to get burned all day!

This is somewhat of a valid point. However, it's not the entire secondary that worries me, it's just one CB - Samari Rolle. I think CMac, Reed, Landary and others can hang with the best.

Edited by justin

It may not be Indy that you have to worry about. There is a guy out there who last time I checked is pretty good. He got all but 6 votes for the league MVP. Everyone knows what that team's gameplan is, yet no one can stop them!?!? How do you think that your Ravens will do? They'll go down like the rest of them did.

And seriously bro. Jamal Lewis doesn't scare anyone. I remember last year when he was practicing his best Randy Moss interpretation in taking not only plays, but games off. Not to discredit the remarkable season your team has had, but they've got a tough talk in front of them. Your team will only go as far as your defense carries them. And that will be 1 game short of the AFC championship game. Better tell your secondary to bring their running shoes next week, and make sure they all have plenty of water, cause they're going to get burned all day!

IF they beat the Chiefs...I agree they can beat the Ravens via the pass...I think tat's there only weakness and that Manning fits the perfect situation to burn them....however blocking against the defensive scheme and assuming Peyton has the time to throw the ball down field is another :D

however blocking against the defensive scheme and assuming Peyton has the time to throw the ball down field is another :D

That's a good point. Indy's O-line has been on the decline for the past couple of years and they were exploited big-time in the playoffs last year. Peyton has been noticeably better at maneuvering in the pocket to avoid the pass rush this year, but one has to wonder if it'll be enough agasint the elite defenses.

Yes, nobody's been killed outside of Memorial Stadium or Yankee Stadium recently. What's your point?

Your argument: A stadium located in a crime-ridden neighborhood will not affect a franchise negatively as long as police are present to prevent crime. Yankee Stadium is proof of this. Therefore, you can't say that Memorial Stadium's location hurt the Colts or Orioles franchises, despite an incredible amount of evidence to the contrary.

My argument: Even if adequate police are present to ensure safety, making fans go into a high-crime neighborhood to watch a sporting event will unquestionably affect one's franchise negatively. The Orioles had Camden Yards built in a better neighborhood downtown because of this. In addition to crime, lower-class neighborhoods do not offer upscale drinking and dining - and all of the police in the world won't change that. Your comparison of Memorial and Yankee Stadium is a poor one because the Yankees are competitive every year, have an insane following, and play in the largest market in the country. Therefore, demand will overshadow any perceived danger.

No, his point was in response to your post. You keep thinking Memorial Stadium is in a crime infested neighborhood, which shows that you know not that of which you speak. That is a nice area of the city. The entire filth of Baltimore city is not spread over each neighborhood, it is really concentrated in two areas, none of which are remotely near the old stadium site. Memorial Stadium sat across the street from the 3rd oldest high school in the country. His point was that Yankee stadium is obviously across the street from blight, while Memorial Stadium sat in a respected neighborhood.

See, a city is made up of numerous neighborhoods. The one that the stadium was in was a very good neighborhood.

Edited by Big Red

No, his point was in response to your post. You keep thinking Memorial Stadium is in a crime infested neighborhood, which shows that you know not that of which you speak. That is a nice area of the city. The entire filth of Baltimore city is not spread over each neighborhood, it is really concentrated in two areas, none of which are remotely near the old stadium site. His point was that Yankee stadium is obviously across the street from blight.

I am from the DC area and I will say I have to disagree with you about the area memorial stadium is in. I have a very good friend that is a Frederick County sheriffs Deputy now but was a Baltimore City police officer for 5 years before that and his area was arounf Memorial Stadium. He says that he never wants to go back to that area ever again and can't even begin to count the number of times he had to draw/use his weapon there.

Yes, nobody's been killed outside of Memorial Stadium or Yankee Stadium recently. What's your point?

Your argument: A stadium located in a crime-ridden neighborhood will not affect a franchise negatively as long as police are present to prevent crime. Yankee Stadium is proof of this. Therefore, you can't say that Memorial Stadium's location hurt the Colts or Orioles franchises, despite an incredible amount of evidence to the contrary.

My argument: Even if adequate police are present to ensure safety, making fans go into a high-crime neighborhood to watch a sporting event will unquestionably affect one's franchise negatively. The Orioles had Camden Yards built in a better neighborhood downtown because of this. In addition to crime, lower-class neighborhoods do not offer upscale drinking and dining - and all of the police in the world won't change that. Your comparison of Memorial and Yankee Stadium is a poor one because the Yankees are competitive every year, have an insane following, and play in the largest market in the country. Therefore, demand will overshadow any perceived danger.

Once again, I NEVER made any comment with regard to attendance. My point was only that it was safe to go to Memorial Stadium. It wasn't located the best area, but it certainly wasn't the Compton that some on this board appear to believe it to have been. I base this not only on personal experience but on the experiences of numerous friends and family members as well; experiences which stretch across quite a number of years.

I am not saying that your argument isn't valid, meaning that attendance IS influenced by the success of a franchise; I completely agree as it is a logical conclusion. All I said was that Memorial Stadium wasn't in a great area and neither is Yankee Stadium, and that a strong police presence ensured/ensures the SAFETY of those attending a game. This and this alone was the sole thrust of my post(s).

I am from the DC area and I will say I have to disagree with you about the area memorial stadium is in. I have a very good friend that is a Frederick County sheriffs Deputy now but was a Baltimore City police officer for 5 years before that and his area was arounf Memorial Stadium. He says that he never wants to go back to that area ever again and can't even begin to count the number of times he had to draw/use his weapon there.

I'd be curious as to WHEN (meaning what years) he was in the area, and at what time of night/day. Certainly there would be far less of a police presence in the area when no sporting events were under way. Additionally, M&T Bank Stadium opened in 1998 so Memorial Stadium (which has been since demolished) was no longer needed; the area has certainly gone downhill somewhat since that time. I'm not AS familiar with the area now as I no longer have reason to go there, so I will defer to Big Red with regard to it's current state.

Edited by Gdawg

I don't recall LT ripping us up this year, or Larry Johnson for that matter. :D

Don't misunderstand, LT is THE MAN and stopping him is a tall order; I have nothing but respect for him and the Chargers as well. Beating the Chargers in SD will not be easy, but I think the Ravens can do it; still, I look at that potential matchup almost as a coin flip.

Incidentally, Indy doesn't scare me AT ALL. I am pretty certain the Colts will beat the Chiefs, but I don't like your chances in Baltimore. If Ron Dayne can tear the Colts up I'm pretty sure even a pedestrian Jamal Lewis can get the job done :D

I'm not AS familiar with the area now as I no longer have reason to go there, so I will defer to Big Red with regard to it's current state.

The Ravens moved out in '98, and I moved to PA in '02. I haven't been around that area since the Ravens home opener in '97, and I took the bus there. However, my daughter has swam in meets against the team from the YMCA they built on that site. Didn't look like po' town to me.

I really don't know what the neighborhood is like now, I'm just concerned what is was like when the O's/Colts/Ravens played there. I never had a worry about my safety there, ever. I will agree that during an event, the police had a larger presence, however the majority of that was traffic control.

So be cocky and take it like a man when LJ comes to town and shreds that thing you all call a defense.

LOL @ the Chefs fan telling us that the division rivals running back will get us.

We didn't look that scared of LT in week 4. LT had 27 carries for 98 yards, a 3.6 avg. No TDs either. Gee, go hide.

I seem to remember LT not scoring, and Heap catching a ball at the 5 and running over Merriman to score the winning TD.

I think the Chargers have more to worry about from us than we do from them.

The Ravens moved out in '98, and I moved to PA in '02. I haven't been around that area since the Ravens home opener in '97, and I took the bus there. However, my daughter has swam in meets against the team from the YMCA they built on that site. Didn't look like po' town to me.

I really don't know what the neighborhood is like now, I'm just concerned what is was like when the O's/Colts/Ravens played there. I never had a worry about my safety there, ever. I will agree that during an event, the police had a larger presence, however the majority of that was traffic control.

Agreed, Big Red. The real issue is what the area was like when the stadium was in use, not what it might or might not be like now.

I too always felt safe going to games there, never had any problems. :D

I'd be curious as to WHEN (meaning what years) he was in the area, and at what time of night/day. Certainly there would be far less of a police presence in the area when no sporting events were under way. Additionally, M&T Bank Stadium opened in 1998 so Memorial Stadium (which has been since demolished) was no longer needed; the area has certainly gone downhill somewhat since that time. I'm not AS familiar with the area now as I no longer have reason to go there, so I will defer to Big Red with regard to it's current state.

He was in that area from around 99-03, not exact dates but close.

He was in that area from around 99-03, not exact dates but close.

If those were the dates during which he was active in the area, then he was post-Memorial Stadium. With the stadium not being in use (and then later demolished) there would be no reason for an increased police presence in the area. With a decrease in the amount of security in the area, I could see crime being more of an issue, particularly at night.

If those were the dates during which he was active in the area, then he was post-Memorial Stadium. With the stadium not being in use (and then later demolished) there would be no reason for an increased police presence in the area. With a decrease in the amount of security in the area, I could see crime being more of an issue, particularly at night.

Especially after what, 40+ years of same party (Democrat) rule in the city? Thank god I moved out of MD. The Mayor bankrupted the school in his 7 years, but still got elected Gov. :D

Especially after what, 40+ years of same party (Democrat) rule in the city? Thank god I moved out of MD. The Mayor bankrupted the school in his 7 years, but still got elected Gov. :D

Oh dear God thanks for reminding me...yeah we get four years of the Boy Wonder doing for Maryland what he did for Baltimore :D

LOL @ the Chefs fan telling us that the division rivals running back will get us.

We didn't look that scared of LT in week 4. LT had 27 carries for 98 yards, a 3.6 avg. No TDs either. Gee, go hide.

I seem to remember LT not scoring, and Heap catching a ball at the 5 and running over Merriman to score the winning TD.

I think the Chargers have more to worry about from us than we do from them.

Red, I believe Hat Trick was talking to Swerski about LJ (not LT) ripping up the Colts, not the Ravens.

Don't misunderstand, LT is THE MAN and stopping him is a tall order; I have nothing but respect for him and the Chargers as well. Beating the Chargers in SD will not be easy, but I think the Ravens can do it; still, I look at that potential matchup almost as a coin flip.

Incidentally, Indy doesn't scare me AT ALL. I am pretty certain the Colts will beat the Chiefs, but I don't like your chances in Baltimore. If Ron Dayne can tear the Colts up I'm pretty sure even a pedestrian Jamal Lewis can get the job done :D

I do realize first off the Colts have to stop LJ if they even want a crack at Baltimore. But seriously bro.. You mean to tell me that the leagues "arguably" most potent and dangerous offenses dont scare you or concern the Ravens defense? The Colts O-line is still one of the best in the league, and please tell me another team who has allowed less sacks??? Yes, I'll admit.. I'm nervous about the game tomorrow (or today depending where you are), but confident at the same time. Yes, if (more like when) we get past the Chiefs, I would much rather see the Colts play the Ravens in Indy, but the Colts just stopped playing in the later half of the season. Anyway, I'm not making any predictions just yet, but I dont think that you should be so confident that your Ravens will dominate the Colts either. I'll see you in here next week, and will be willing to debate further at that time. Regardless, good luck to you and your Ravens. They've had an outstanding season..

I do realize first off the Colts have to stop LJ if they even want a crack at Baltimore. But seriously bro.. You mean to tell me that the leagues "arguably" most potent and dangerous offenses dont scare you or concern the Ravens defense? The Colts O-line is still one of the best in the league, and please tell me another team who has allowed less sacks??? Yes, I'll admit.. I'm nervous about the game tomorrow (or today depending where you are), but confident at the same time. Yes, if (more like when) we get past the Chiefs, I would much rather see the Colts play the Ravens in Indy, but the Colts just stopped playing in the later half of the season. Anyway, I'm not making any predictions just yet, but I dont think that you should be so confident that your Ravens will dominate the Colts either. I'll see you in here next week, and will be willing to debate further at that time. Regardless, good luck to you and your Ravens. They've had an outstanding season..

It's called playoff confidence. The #1 D in the league at home. Maybe if Peyton got some of this, he'd have a better record than 3-6.

Really, Ravens fans believe this team is going to take any team in their way, punch them in the mouth, and throw their dead remains in the harbor (be it Baltimore or San Diego).

It's called playoff confidence. The #1 D in the league at home. Maybe if Peyton got some of this, he'd have a better record than 3-6.

Yep, if Peyton had the #1 D in the league, I'm sure that his playoff record would be much better than 3-6. :D

Really, Ravens fans believe this team is going to take any team in their way, punch them in the mouth, and throw their dead remains in the harbor (be it Baltimore or San Diego).

That's what Colts fans thought about thier team a year ago. How quickly fortunes can change in the playoffs.

Quoting your quote again.. "If Ron Dayne can tear the Colts up I'm pretty sure even a pedestrian Jamal Lewis can get the job done."

Better be careful what you wish for. LJ was the #2 RB in the league this year and what happened? He was never allowed to get it going. Yes, the Ravens are a better team, but is their offense that much better than KC's?? Their D is better, but the offense isnt. KC has a better QB, a better RB, about the same talent on the o-line; Baltimore has slightly better WRs. So if the same defense that stepped on the field today for the Colts goes to Baltimore, it's looking like it will be a defensive battle. Not taking anything away from the Ravens, but they have to stay in it early to keep the advantage of the crowd in playing at home. If Indy goes up early, it's going to be a long game. Looks like the Colts are just as balanced on offense without James and with Addai. Anyway, I'm here to wish you Ravens fans the best of luck, and hope that this stays friendly. Regardless, it should be an outstanding game. Maybe the game of the week next week. (should be right there with the Patriots (who should win) at San Diego). Anyway, I'll check back a little later.

And if there are any KC fans out there, there's really nothing to be ashamed of. Your team is on the rise. Hopefully next year, they take a good long look at naming D Huard the starter in preseason. T Green never looked like he knew what was going on out there today. Regardless, they play in a tough division, and are very competetive week in and week out. Should they make a couple moves and pickup a true threat at WR, they will be pretty scary next year!!