[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Special Team Players

Footballjoe

Patrick Mannelly - Long snapper.

One of the NFL's most accurate and consistent long snappers throughout his career... Leads all current Bears having played 125 games with the team, including 57 consecutive, while standing alongside Olin Kreutz as Chicago's longest tenured players... Has handled the snapping duties in all but 3 games during his NFL career... Contributed to Bears setting an NFL record for most consecutive unblocked punts (920) and games without a blocked punt (180) that covered 13 years and was snapped in 2003... Snapped every punt and kick (PAT and FG) attempt for Chicago from 1998-2000 and 2003-05... Has played all 16 games 6 times in his career while pulling the trigger on 1,158 of 1,178 long-snap attempts during that time... One of the league's top coverage long snappers, notching 62 career special teams tackles to rank 3rd on Bears roster. from http://www.longsnapper.com/aboutpatrick.shtml

and here is an article about how the bears feel about him. :D

Omare Lowe for the Falcons had 20+ tackles, mostly on special teams. Every time I've seen them play he's had a few good tackles. I wouldn't know for the Seahawks, all their good special teams players got hurt and I've never heard of any of the replacements. I wish one of them could protect the punter.

Edited by Seahawks21