[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryan Perrilloux

Sgt. Ryan

By JOE GYAN JR.

New Orleans bureau

Updated at 10:30 a.m., Jan. 11

NEW ORLEANS — The chief federal prosecutor for the New Orleans area is remaining tight-lipped about a possible federal criminal probe allegedly involving LSU reserve quarterback Ryan Perrilloux.

‘’I can’t confirm or deny anything,’’ U.S. Attorney Jim Letten said Thursday morning in a telephone interview.

Letten said there are ‘’lots of federal investigations going on with respect to a lot of things,’’ but he would not say whether one of those probes involves Perrilloux.

Baton Rouge lawyer Nathan Fisher confirmed Wednesday that he has been hired to represent Perrilloux. He said Perrilloux has not been booked on any charges.

When Letten was asked if he has met with Fisher, Perrilloux or LSU Athletic Director Skip Bertman, the prosecutor said, ‘’I can’t say anything.’’

Letten also disputed reports that he told a New Orleans radio station that Perrilloux is under investigation.

_________________________________________________________________________________

By ADRIAN ANGELETTE AND CARL DUBOIS

Advocate staff writers

Published in the Jan. 11 edition of The Advocate

LSU quarterback Ryan Perrilloux is involved in a federal criminal investigation, and Baton Rouge lawyer Nathan Fisher has been hired to represent the reserve quarterback.

A New Orleans radio station is reporting that federal authorities in New Orleans are investigating Perrilloux. Fisher said he is Perrilloux’s attorney and that he could not comment about the nature of the investigation, but could only confirm that the investigation is taking place.

Perrilloux has not been booked on any charges, Fisher said. Fisher also said he is unaware of any pending hearings or other court actions scheduled to take place in connection with the investigation.

“I don’t think it would be appropriate at this time to comment any further,” Fisher said late Wednesday afternoon.

At a news conference Wednesday announcing quarterback JaMarcus Russell’s intention to turn pro, LSU football coach Les Miles said he had no information about the investigation surrounding Perrilloux.

“I have no information there whatsoever. You’re giving me information. You’d have to elaborate at your leisure. I know nothing about what you’re talking about,” Miles said. “I do not know if he’s in any trouble whatsoever. I talk to my players almost weekly—a lot of guys.”

At that point, LSU sports information director Michael Bonnette ended the 15-minute news conference without accepting any further questions.

If you want to look at Louisiana politics --my uncle in Avoyelles parish was reelected while serving time in jail for taxes. Of course he was Sheriff--Marksville gotta love it--they still had an electric chair in the 70's that worked

It's sort of funny how scared people are of Louisiana laws. Whenever I do business with a company outside the state of LA that involves a contract I gained alot of negotiation leverage just because the other company will give up whatever it takes to have the contract read govern by any other state other than LA. :D

Is New Orleans and the state of La, the new New England/Boston. Are these poor ass, lifetime losers, going to let what lil success they have, turn them into brass cocky loud mouths. I already see it from one of these coon ass.

Sarge I know I might sound cocky since everytime I post it's something positive while someone like you really hasn't had much to post. For that I am sincerely sorry. Maybe next season both your Sooners and Cowboys will turn things around. :D