[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Spikes Speaks

You Eagles fan really crack me up. You're accusing Cowboys fans of living in the past. At least they have one. The Eagles have absolutely nothing. Zero. Zilch. Nada. There are fanbases that can rip on the Cowboys for their recent ineptness, but, the Eagles fanbase isn't one of them. Many Eagles fans are under some delusion that people respect their franchise for coming close a couple of times. Give me a break, win something, then talk. Your in the same group with the Cardinals and the Lions, deal with it.

Oh, I get it...you have to be one of the dozen or so teams that have won a Super Bowl in order to mock the inept Cowboys. The other 20 or so teams that have not won one have to remain silent because the Cowboys won a few Super Bowls 30 years ago...makes perfect sense.

On that note, I wonder why it is that fans of the Chiefs, Jets, Dolphins, etc. (teams that also won championships) rarely feel the need to bring up their wins from decades past, but Steeler and Cowboy fans do? Little something called insecurity over the ineptness that is your present perhaps?

I know fumbling away a playoff win hurts, as does being 8-8 and not making it at all. If it makes you guys feel better to bring up trophies from 20-30 years ago, then go for it. All us Eagle fans will bow, agree you guys won a few trophies and your teams from the 1970's were better than ours, and continue to mock your current ineptness. Fair enough?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I get it...you have to be one of the dozen or so teams that have won a Super Bowl in order to mock the inept Cowboys. The other 20 or so teams that have not won one have to remain silent because the Cowboys won a few Super Bowls 30 years ago...makes perfect sense.

On that note, I wonder why it is that fans of the Chiefs, Jets, Dolphins, etc. (teams that also won championships) rarely feel the need to bring up their wins from decades past, but Steeler and Cowboy fans do? Little something called insecurity over the ineptness that is your present perhaps?

I know fumbling away a playoff win hurts, as does being 8-8 and not making it at all. If it makes you guys feel better to bring up trophies from 20-30 years ago, then go for it. All us Eagle fans will bow, agree you guys won a few trophies and your teams from the 1970's were better than ours, and continue to mock your current ineptness. Fair enough?

Cowboys fans take the most heat because no team in the NFL is a Love them or hate them team more then Dallas..And our fans bring on the heat as well. The Cowboys/ Eagles arguments on these boards are fun but very repetitive. You guys point out how you are great at winning divisions and we show you a complete hand full of rings. I will say this though. Any of the Eagle teams during their "run" can not hold a candle to the early 90s Dallas Teams. Truly dominant .

Edited by whomper

Cowboys fans take the most heat because no team in the NFL is a Love them or hate them team more then Dallas..And our fans bring on the heat as well. The Cowboys/ Eagles arguments on these boards are fun but very repetitive. You guys point out how you are great at winning divisions and we show you a complete hand full of rings. I will say this though. Any of the Eagle teams during their "run" can not hold a candle to the early 90s Dallas Teams. Truly dominant .

no...our point is we can actually win a SB the upcoming season and Dallas looks primed for about .500

Dude, you are a riot. :D

Current ineptness. The Steelers won a Super Bowl 2 years ago. The only team with bragging rights over them is the Colts at present time. Also, I'd be willing to bet the Steelers record is better than the Eagles in the past 15 years. So, whether you want to go recently or delve into the past, the Eagles are completely inferior.

Yes, we Steeler fans are really insecure compared to you Eagles fans. :tup: The Steelers have a recent championship, to go along with 4 from the 70's, while the Eagles have NOTHING !!!

What a joke. Now, lets hear your clever, original comeback about how the Steelers didn't deserve their last one. :D

P.S. Perhaps teams like the Chiefs, Dolphins, & Jets fans don't have as much to brag about. See Steelers, Cowboys, and 49'ers fans have 5 Super Bowl Championships in most of our lifetimes. Our teams have given us the right to brag. No other team has 4, and some teams have 0 and still try to brag.

I'll say it again, win something, then talk.

Edited by Menudo

Current ineptness. The Steelers won a Super Bowl 2 years ago. The only team with bragging rights over them is the Colts at present time.

That's not true. Everyone who beat them last year have bragging rights over them. :D

Actually the only teams fanbase that are allowed to talk to the Cowboy fans about Championships are they 49er and Steeler bases. As Cowboy fans we respect WHAT??? they have done over their histories with five trophies. There are a few others like the Patriots of late that deserve respect as well but only the other 5-timers are on the same level. :D

BTW, Dallas won three SB's in the '90's ... that is not 30 years ago.

On that note, I wonder why it is that fans of the Chiefs, Jets, Dolphins, etc. (teams that also won championships) ...

The Chiefs and Jets? LOL! They have not won a SB in like 38 years ... But at least they have done it once. :D

Actually the only teams fanbase that are allowed to talk to the Cowboy fans about Championships are they 49er and Steeler bases. As Cowboy fans we respect WHAT??? they have done over their histories with five trophies. There are a few others like the Patriots of late that deserve respect as well but only the other 5-timers are on the same level. :D

BTW, Dallas won three SB's in the '90's ... that is not 30 years ago.

The Chiefs and Jets? LOL! They have not won a SB in like 38 years. :D

See, there's the rub. We keep talking football - the players, this season, last season, etc...you guys then RESORT to throwing championships in our faces. Since when can't FOOTBALL fans talk about football? Did an Eagles fan EVER try to say we won more championships, etc? NO. Have we EVER tried to say our 2004 team was better than the Cowboys teams of the 90s? NO. BUT, you guys can't seem to just talk football, the here and now. NOPE, you MUST resort to Championships won in the past (which is usually irrelavent to the on-going conversation). It's pathetic, really.

See, there's the rub. We keep talking football - the players, this season, last season, etc...you guys then RESORT to throwing championships in our faces. Since when can't FOOTBALL fans talk about football? Did an Eagles fan EVER try to say we won more championships, etc? NO. Have we EVER tried to say our 2004 team was better than the Cowboys teams of the 90s? NO. BUT, you guys can't seem to just talk football, the here and now. NOPE, you MUST resort to Championships won in the past (which is usually irrelavent to the on-going conversation). It's pathetic, really.

:D This topic is about Spikes and his hope to win a title.

That's not true. Everyone who beat them last year have bragging rights over them. :D

Well, if you look at a certain way, you could be right, but, in the end, isn't it all about being the last one

standing ? :D The Bengals won the division two years ago, but, in the end, I don't think not having the division title bothered the Steelers too much. :tup:

Edited by Menudo

I get what your saying, but, it works both ways. Cowboys fans respond with their championships often in retaliation to Eagles fans ripping them for not having recent success. It is a vicious cycle.

no...our point is we can actually win a SB the upcoming season and Dallas looks primed for about .500

You have a gimpy qb that cant handle pressure and a coach that is a horrific decision maker in the crunch. I dont see why Dallas is so primed for a subpar season as you all are alluding too. I think Romo has the goods personally and we were a fluke play away from winning a playoff game on the road with him who for all intents and purposes was like a rookie last year. Philly has a great defense and great def coordinator. Westbrook is a stud and Mcnabb is a great regular season QB. I dont deny Philly is a team that needs to be reckoned with but I dont see the matter of fact way you dismiss the Boys and say The Eagles can win a superbowl..Mcnabb will be down by week 6 and theres no Garcia next year..Westbrook finally stayed healthy last year. If he goes down the fall of from him to buckhalter is enormous. I actually like Moats better.

Edited by whomper

Current ineptness. The Steelers won a Super Bowl 2 years ago. 2 years, 200 years...who cares? Get over it. The only team with bragging rights over them is the Colts at present time. Also, I'd be willing to bet the Steelers record is better than the Eagles in the past 15 years. So, whether you want to go recently or delve into the past, the Eagles are completely inferior.

Yes, we Steeler fans are really insecure compared to you Eagles fans. Based on your lame comments, you must be. No one is more aware that Philly has no Super Bowls than its fans...its what drives our hunger for that first one. But to see you get so defensive about your current .500 team, and retort with the pathetic "Well, we won 4 Super Bowls 30 years ago" (see below), just let's everyone know that you bring nothing to the table regarding current football discussions, and makes everyone very aware than any attempt to critique the current Pittsburgh team will be met with your historical references. The Steelers have a recent championship, to go along with 4 from the 70's, while the Eagles have NOTHING !!! :D , yes, it has been stated many times that you won 4 Super Bowls 30 years ago...I think we all get. Yes, we'll concede that your 1970's team was better than our 1970's team. Congrats!

What a joke. Now, lets hear your clever, original comeback about how the Steelers didn't deserve their last one. :D No, they deserved it...they were a .500 team that went on an amazing roll at the right time of the season. Kudos to Cowher and the team for getting hot at the perfect time.

P.S. Perhaps teams like the Chiefs, Dolphins, & Jets fans don't have as much to brag about. Perhaps its more simple...perhaps they have more class? And let's be real here...the Dolphins undefeated season eclipses ANY season the Steelers put together...but yet, you rarely see them contunally posting on message boards about something that happened 35 years ago See Steelers, Cowboys, and 49'ers fans have 5 Super Bowl Championships in most of our lifetimes. Our teams have given us the right to brag. No other team has 4, and some teams have 0 and still try to brag. I don't put 49er fans in that league...not even close...rarely do you hear them crowing a storm over their titles from years ago.

I'll say it again, win something, then talk. I think I addressed this insecure comment numerous times.

You have a gimpy qb that cant handle pressure and a coach that is a horrific decision maker in the crunch. I dont see why Dallas is so primed for a subpar season as you all are alluding too. I think Romo has the goods personally and we were a fluke play away from winning a playoff game on the road with him who for all intents and purposes was like a rookie last year. Philly has a great defense and great def coordinator. Westbrook is a stud and Mcnabb is a great regular season QB. I dont deny Philly is a team that needs to be reckoned with but I dont see the matter of fact way you dismiss the Boys and say The Eagles can win a superbowl..Mcnabb will be down by week 6 and theres no Garcia next year..Westbrook finally stayed healthy last year. If he goes down the fall of from him to buckhalter is enormous. I actually like Moats better.

While I disagree with some of your assessment, I respect it. Moreover Whomp, a huge :D for keeping the discussion where it should be...current.

Very refreshing to see a fan keep a discussion on-point, rather than feel the need to bring up championships from a past years, like it has any bearing on the upcoming season.

This whole thread was started regarding Spike's feeligns about coming to Philly, and his hopes for a run at the title, and quickly degenerated into a discussion on Cowboy and Steeler championships from the past. Sadly, it does not surprise me.

Because their rivals within the division are yet again so weak, another division title and guaranteed birth into the postseason is almost automatic? :D

I guess the odds are in your favor. After all, with only four teams in the division, you'd think you'd be somewhat due after, what, TWELVE YEARS?! :tup:

I wouldn't say bitter....desperate, for sure...after all, when you can't even compete in a 4-team division for 12 years, and the only thing you repeatedly hang your hat on are some dusty old trophies from a time when the Oilers were in Houston, the Rams in LA, the Colts in Baltimore, the Cards in St. Louis, and Tampa was an AFC team...life is truly desperate.

The real sad part is it ain't getting better anytime soon :doh:

Well, I have no idea why they would come back at you with anything. I mean you are sooooo classy and innocent and these awful, despicable guys come back arguing with you. How dare they ? :D

Edited by Menudo

:D

But do note that they were counter-attacks, not the 1st grenade launched.

Fair enough. Hey they wouldn't be the rivalries they are (Cowboys-Eagles) without battles from the fans.

Current ineptness. The Steelers won a Super Bowl 2 years ago. The only team with bragging rights over them is the Colts at present time. Also, I'd be willing to bet the Steelers record is better than the Eagles in the past 15 years. So, whether you want to go recently or delve into the past, the Eagles are completely inferior.

Yes, we Steeler fans are really insecure compared to you Eagles fans. :tup: The Steelers have a recent championship, to go along with 4 from the 70's, while the Eagles have NOTHING !!!

What a joke. Now, lets hear your clever, original comeback about how the Steelers didn't deserve their last one. :D

P.S. Perhaps teams like the Chiefs, Dolphins, & Jets fans don't have as much to brag about. See Steelers, Cowboys, and 49'ers fans have 5 Super Bowl Championships in most of our lifetimes. Our teams have given us the right to brag. No other team has 4, and some teams have 0 and still try to brag.

I'll say it again, win something, then talk.

Did you win these titles? Are you a member of the team?

Muchofawhere, was I on any of the teams ? No, I wasn't

So now fans aren't allowed to celebrate their team's championships ? :D Wow, what are we doing all of this for then ?

Edited by Menudo

Muchofawhere, was I on any of the teams ? No, I wasn't

So now fans aren't allowed to celebrate their team's championships ? :D Wow, what are we doing all of this for then ?

The tone of your posts suggest that you are superior because you root for a fading team that has won some Superbowls in the past. Why are you any different than dedicated fans who root for any other team? :D

The tone of your posts suggest that you are superior because you root for a fading team that has won some Superbowls in the past. Why are you any different than dedicated fans who root for any other team? :D

Wow, this is just silly. First, how are the Steelers fading ? They won the Super Bowl two years ago. One .500 season means your fading. :tup:

To answer your question, no, I'm not different than any dedicated fan for whatever team they root for. However, the fun about sports and rooting for teams is celebrating their championships. It gives fans bragging rights. It doesn't make me superior in anyway, but, it just makes the team I root for superior. :doh:

I know it bothers you Eagles fans to hear fans bragging about their championships, but, trust me, if it ever happens for your team, you'll be doing it too...... :D

Edited by Menudo

[i know it bothers you Eagles fans to hear fans bragging about their championships, but, trust me, if it ever happens for your team, you'll be doing it too...... :D

Once again, a superiority complex. You must be a short guy. :D

Learn how to use quotes. Thanks.

I wouldn't say bitter....desperate, for sure...after all, when you can't even compete in a 4-team division for 12 years, and the only thing you repeatedly hang your hat on are some dusty old trophies from a time when the Oilers were in Houston, the Rams in LA, the Colts in Baltimore, the Cards in St. Louis, and Tampa was an AFC team...life is truly desperate.

The real sad part is it ain't getting better anytime soon :D

The Eagles have had some nice teams lately and could'nt close the deal. The rest of their division was also weak in those years.

Dallas has a new QB who admittedly has'nt shown greatness but the potential seems to be there, time will tell. They also have an OC who, according to alot of people in the game, could become very good. They also have a great pair of wr's.(admittedly, they're getting old) They'll have a new defensive scheme this season that seemed to work pretty well in other places. They lost several games the last few year's that they should have won.

Philly has a QB who plays well at times but will be injured again this year and is past his prime. And Garcia's not there to save their ass this time. Their starting RB has balsa wood knees that are ready to snap. Their HC gets a lump in his throat the size of a bowling ball every time the pressure's on. Only 6 teams gave up more rushing yds last year than them.

If you think the eagles' near future looks brighter than Dallas' you need to put down the pipe....