[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patriots are magazines' early pick to win Super Bowl

uglytuna

I agree with Chargerz. Being the preseason darling is the kiss of death.

Moss - washed up one dimensional player

Stallworth - Overrated talent, injury liability

Boy are Pats fans going to be disappointed.......................

Honestly, even if all that is true, the Pats would still have the same receivers that they had last year down the stretch when they nearly won the AFC Championship game. They didn't fair too badly.

I disagree with the Moss bit though. I think he'll have a good year. I'm not as on-board about Stallworth, but we'll see. I think both of those guys should fair well against these apparently weaker teams that the Pats will be facing from their division however. Their schedule on the whole looks pretty favorable actually.

Edited by Crazysight

I believe the Pats were favored by many in the preseason the year that they won it against Carolina...this was right after they'd picked up Rodney Harrison and Rosevelt Colvin. I'm not sure about the Philly year. There had to have been some if not most who favored them to complete the dynasty...that was also when they had just picked up Corey Dillon.

Thus far their record in years after acquiring big-name players seems to be pretty good.

Edited by Crazysight

As a Pats fan I can admit that they have their holes. I don't know how the run game is going to be with only Maroney, and if he goes down they don't have much of a plan B there. Likewise the secondary stands to lose a lot if the Pats can't come to terms with Asante Samuel. He is under contract for this year due to the franchise tag, but then again so was Deion Branch last year and we saw what came of that.

I couldn't care less if they win it all. I just hope their pass defense stinks without Samuel, and they get in many a shoot-out!