[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McCardell signs with HOU

rhino

link

Jul. 23, 2007 - 12:53 p.m. ET

The Washington Post's Jason LaCanfora hears that free agent Keenan McCardell has agreed to terms with the Texans.

The Redskins were the other team pursuing McCardell, but reportedly only offered him the veteran's minimum. In Houston, the 37-year-old could push Kevin Walter and Jacoby Jones to start or contribute from the slot.

Source: Washington Post

I'm thinking this is a good signing by HOU. I was hoping it would go thru, and WAS wouldn't nab him from HOU.

At the very least, he'll be a good mentor for Jacoby Jones and Kevin Walters. At the very best, he'll become the WR2 opposite Andre Johnson. One's gotta' think that one of the following will step up to be a WR2 -- Keenan McCardell, Kevin Walter, Jacoby Jones ®, Andre Davis, Bethel Johnson, Charlie Adams, Jerome Mathis. :crossed fingers:

Well done, HOU.

(There's still Marc Boerigter in the CFL, though. :D )

I'm thinking this is a good signing by HOU. I was hoping it would go thru, and WAS wouldn't nab him from HOU.

At the very least, he'll be a good mentor for Jacoby Jones and Kevin Walters. At the very best, he'll become the WR2 opposite Andre Johnson. One's gotta' think that one of the following will step up to be a WR2 -- Keenan McCardell, Kevin Walter, Jacoby Jones ®, Andre Davis, Bethel Johnson, Charlie Adams, Jerome Mathis. :crossed fingers:

Well done, HOU.

(There's still Marc Boerigter in the CFL, though. :D )

If they do end up signing him, I would hope that it is more of a mentor/3rd WR role and not as a starter. McCardell has always been a very consistant WR, but at his age I would prefer that the Texans develop their young WRs, more specifically Walter and Jones.

If they do end up signing him, I would hope that it is more of a mentor/3rd WR role and not as a starter. McCardell has always been a very consistant WR, but at his age I would prefer that the Texans develop their young WRs, more specifically Walter and Jones.

Fair enough, but do you think they need another mentor other than Andre Johnson? I'm thinking Schaub needs someone to throw to, other than AJohnson and ODaniels.

Fair enough, but do you think they need another mentor other than Andre Johnson? I'm thinking Schaub needs someone to throw to, other than AJohnson and ODaniels.

As far as the mentor, thats where McCardell can really contribute. But I think Walter will make a very nice #2 for Schaub. I also think Ahman Green will be a big part of the passing game this season.

As far as the mentor, thats where McCardell can really contribute. But I think Walter will make a very nice #2 for Schaub. I also think Ahman Green will be a big part of the passing game this season.

I'm hoping that KWalter is everything Kubiak says he is. And I agree that AGreen will be a big part of the passing game, but in a different light -- I think he'll be blocking a lot!

(Charles Spencer to start on PUP, missing first 6 weeks of season.)

I'm hoping that KWalter is everything Kubiak says he is. And I agree that AGreen will be a big part of the passing game, but in a different light -- I think he'll be blocking a lot!

(Charles Spencer to start on PUP, missing first 6 weeks of season.)

:D