[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which safety do you like as a depth player?

Tford

James Butler S NYG - Demps, WIlson and Butler are working in rotation at camp with early depth charts indicating Butler taking Demps' job at FS. May just be camp talk to motivate Demps.

Donovin Darius S OAK - Oakland might be able to give Darius the ability to play a true SS while Huff gets shifted to FS. However, Schweigert might still be prominent in many packages. Darius is also injury-prone.

Dwight Smith FS MIN - Don't know much about the guy as I don't catch too many Vikings games. Decent totals last year.

Scoring favors tackling with 1.5 points per tackle compared to 1 point per PD; rest is pretty vanilla as far as IDP scoring goes.

I have one roster spot available for one of these guys for this year only (limited contract years). I think Smith is the safe pick, Darius is the risk/reward pick if he stays healthy and can firmly supplant Schweigert from his starting role. Butler is the dark horse/camp surprise pick.

Who do you sign?

Slim pickings

Players of note available:

Lamont Thompson S TEN

Marquand Manuel S GBP

Ricky Manning CB CHI

Keith Lewis S SF

Marlon McCree S SD

Marcus Trufant CB SEA

Fakhir Brown CB STL

Terence Newman CB STL

Greg Wesley S KC

if your starters are solid i might be willing to take a chance on butler...he is playing SS and Wilson has been moved to FS but it should also be noted that the new Giants DCoord is the former Eagles LB coach and in that defense Dawkins and Michael Lewis both put up strong numbers

of your second set of choices Manuel has by default seemed to win the SS job but I would be leary about him as the season progresses

The team I am asking about is in my sig. We start three DBs.

Of course, Sean Jones is my default DB1 and I should be able to field 2 more solid choices out of Gibril Wilson, Donte Whitner, Adam Archuleta and Corey Chavous.