[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Move Addai up your cheatsheets

Bronco Billy

Not a chance in he-ll would I take any of those guys over Addai. Alexander and Westbrook you can at least make a case for, but Rudi Johnson? No way, no how.

that's cool- talk to me at the end of the year when Addai loses more carries than you think, and goes on IR in week 7.

I hear ya, and might he get hurt? Sure, but that goes for anyone.

But going into the season, I stand by my comments.

-I just want to have a guy at #5 have proven he can carry the load for an entire 16 game season- and Addai has been somehwat brittle.

I know I am in the minority- everyone is slobbering all over Joey

-I just want to have a guy at #5 have proven he can carry the load for an entire 16 game season- and Addai has been somehwat brittle.

I know I am in the minority- everyone is slobbering all over Joey

mostly because of the offense...and his abilities that allow for bigger plays than Edge, but not the consistency...

but he'll make plays on the ground or air...

I think LJ or Gore can get hurt...edit: also they are in less attractive situations than Addai...

backs who carry the ball around as much as he did last season appear more prone to injury the following season...

Gore has had several injuries before he made it to the NFL and I think he's had 2 knee operations...each one, but I am not positive I have that right....but almost.....but umm, the offense is still average at best because they have to rely on DJax staying healthy...

then Westy will be spelled with Hunt and Buckhalter obviously....he offers more in the passing game, but less on the ground than what Addai does and even in a PPR league, it doesn't get you that far....

my top 5 as I've probably stated before (IN A PPR)

1. LT

2. SJax

3. Addai

4. Gore

5. LJ

I think it's clearly set this way and I'd be tempted to put Bush and westy ahead of LJ just because I feel that I would be at serious risk of losing my starting RB for the season with that horrendous OL...

Edited by Avernus

mostly because of the offense...and his abilities that allow for bigger plays than Edge, but not the consistency...

but he'll make plays on the ground or air...

I think LJ or Gore can get hurt...edit: also they are in less attractive situations than Addai...

backs who carry the ball around as much as he did last season appear more prone to injury the following season...

Gore has had several injuries before he made it to the NFL and I think he's had 2 knee operations...each one, but I am not positive I have that right....but almost.....but umm, the offense is still average at best because they have to rely on DJax staying healthy...

then Westy will be spelled with Hunt and Buckhalter obviously....he offers more in the passing game, but less on the ground than what Addai does and even in a PPR league, it doesn't get you that far....

my top 5 as I've probably stated before (IN A PPR)

1. LT

2. SJax

3. Addai

4. Gore

5. LJ

I think it's clearly set this way and I'd be tempted to put Bush and westy ahead of LJ just because I feel that I would be at serious risk of losing my starting RB for the season with that horrendous OL...

I have #3 in a PPR draft coming up on Tuesday, right now this is my ranking. What is kinda nice is I think I get one more look at Addai as they play Chicago monday? Is that correct?

Anyway, I don't see a risk with Addai. The only downfall everyone is talking about is the one they use with any young RB. Sjax comes to mind. Everyone said he was injury prone and not shown to be able to take a full load......worked out OK hun? Then there is Willie Parker, he can't take a full load...oh wait he has for 2 years now.

I have #3 in a PPR draft coming up on Tuesday, right now this is my ranking. What is kinda nice is I think I get one more look at Addai as they play Chicago monday? Is that correct?

Anyway, I don't see a risk with Addai. The only downfall everyone is talking about is the one they use with any young RB. Sjax comes to mind. Everyone said he was injury prone and not shown to be able to take a full load......worked out OK hun? Then there is Willie Parker, he can't take a full load...oh wait he has for 2 years now.

you're correct about SJax....

and while I finally put Parker well into my top 10, I still wonder if he can carry pretty much the entire load like he will this upcoming season...

if I was a parker owner, I'd prefer him to take a rest every now and then and even come out a full drive.....but that goes for any RB....

I am starting to sour on the every down back.....not that I like RBBC, but I want my RB to take a break, even if it's for a full drive....

the 2 big negatives with addai are his very tough schedule and the unexpected loss of one of the colt's best linemen....the colts offense may still be good this year (I'm not saying they will not) but a slight downturn from last year is very likely :D did i mention harrison is a year older and a rookie will be starting as the 3rd wr?

the 2 big negatives with addai are his very tough schedule and the unexpected loss of one of the colt's best linemen....the colts offense may still be good this year (I'm not saying they will not) but a slight downturn from last year is very likely :D did i mention harrison is a year older and a rookie will be starting as the 3rd wr?

I agree, except for your last point about the rookie #3 WR. A healthy Gonzalez will be much better than a perpetually-injured Stokley or Proehl. Also remember that Dallas Clark has been effective in the slot.

I agree, except for your last point about the rookie #3 WR. A healthy Gonzalez will be much better than a perpetually-injured Stokley or Proehl. Also remember that Dallas Clark has been effective in the slot.

the only thing that really worries me is the OL taking a hit...

but maybe Addai will be primed for dumpoffs?...

O line looked very good against Chicago. Addai got tons of touches. Had a rushing TD, and could have had a receiving TD on a tough pass. I don't think Dorsey is going to cut into his production at all.

pretty much...

I feel real good about having him 3rd overall....

I just hope that nobody else in my local has him that high..