[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vince Young & Jason Campbell Disagree with McNabb

ebartender

First off, I just thought I'd mention how harmless McNabb's intentions were with his statements. It's not like he's attacking whites, just expressing how he feels on a question addressed to him. Secondly, McNabb or any other prominent African American like favorites Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson don't represent the views of all African Americans.

How come when some minority makes some kind of statemnet about racism everyone comes out of the woodworks to attack them or "defend" society. Maybe thier views are bogus or just maybe they might be credible.....there are two sides to every story.

And lastly, please don't compare McNabb to guys like Harrington and Grossman. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Harrington has been a bust from the 1st snap of his NFL career and he's now on his 3rd opportunity in Atlanta. Grossman is a turnover machine that PREVENTS the Bears from reaching their true potential. Put a real QB on that Bear team and that would be a frmidable foe. Too bad last years team had it's best chance and went up in smoke thanks to Rex. McNabb on the other hand is an accomplished Pro Bowl NFL QB who has carried the Eagles on his back at times, consisitently won and was clearly a top 5 QB for a few years. Currently, he clearly has some durability injury issues now and is off to a slow start so we shall indeed see if he's on the downside of his career.

Just remember, McNabb has put up with a lot of crap from Philly and all races of people for one reason or another and has endured criticism during good and bad times. For someone who has carried himself well and been a consistent winner for a long period of time, it certainly doesn't seem deserving regardless how you interpret his comments.

Can we move on now to some football topics? Race is clearly a complicated issue in America.

the problem here is the fact that McNabb keeps making 'race' an issue....this isn't the 1st time...

he is clearly racist IMO....but I mean, it won't prevent him from throwing to Kevin Curtis who happens to be white..

he just looks at everything at a black/white point of view and we should be past this topic by now...(not that ESPN doesn't make it worse)....but he's the only black player harping on the race issue right now...

There is no denying some one else's perspective. That goes all ways.

We can have opinions and discussions on all of this, but each person, due to their own circumstances, is unique in why they feel the way they feel.

I don't like the timing of McNabb's comments, but I think they are legit to him and, in many ways, that's what counts.

There is no denying some one else's perspective. That goes all ways.

We can have opinions and discussions on all of this, but each person, due to their own circumstances, is unique in why they feel the way they feel.

I don't like the timing of McNabb's comments, but I think they are legit to him and, in many ways, that's what counts.

I just have a hard time believing that Philly boo's him because he's black. They boo him because they're Philly.

They hate every race, color and creed equally.

the problem here is the fact that McNabb keeps making 'race' an issue....this isn't the 1st time...

The only other time I remember McNabb and race was when Rush Limbaugh instigated the race baiting card. :D

Of course, I have a tendency to selectively ignore these issues cause I find them quite boring and overhyped.

Edited by bushwacked

I just have a hard time believing that Philly boo's him because he's black. They boo him because they're Philly.

They hate every race, color and creed equally.

I don't feel that they do, but there is something in his personal experinece that makes him think otherwise. I am not him, so I'll never be able to fully understand. :D

The only other time I remember McNabb and race was when Rush Limbaugh instigated the race baiting card. :D

Of course, I have a tendency to selectively ignore these issues cause I find them quite boring and overhyped.

How about when his dad said that the problems between Donovan and T.O. was "black-on-black" crime? Is that whole family so out of touch that they think two African-American millionaires bickering is black-on-black crime? Spend a night in North or West Philly and they will see plenty of black-on-black crime. McNabb and family have always seemed to bring race to conversation. I understand they were the victims of some ignorant jackasses when they moved into a Chicago suburb when he was a little kid, but come on now. That was like 15-20 years ago. I can understand still holding on to those feelings but to bring it up constantly he is just hurting himself IMO. He has a better life then most of us could imagine. Will he come across some idiots from time to time? Of course, but that isn't just true for African-Americans.

Keep in mind this interview was done in August before the season even started. These comments in no way are related to his performance this season.

He was asked many questions but the race questions are what is being focused on. He honestly answered the questions he was asked.

Edited by SuperCharger

well, his father wouldn't have said the "black on black" crime stuff without his permission...

this is like the Chappelle Show skit "when keepin it real goes wrong"

My respect for Mr Vince Young increased exponentially after reading this article.

NFL Network reported that Vince was fined something like $7k for his ball-tossing/taunting/drive-killing incident last Sunday. Some of the Colts also reported that Vince spent much of the game mouthing off to/making gestures towards Colts players on the field and their sideline.

I'd hold back on respecting Mr. Vince Young for the time being, as he appears to be going out of his way to reinforce negative stereotypes about African-American pro athletes.

Edited by Bill Swerski

How about when his dad said that the problems between Donovan and T.O. was "black-on-black" crime?

well, his father wouldn't have said the "black on black" crime stuff without his permission...

Does anyone give a flying fat spinach chit about what McNabb's dad thinks besides race baiters and diehard Philly Homers? :D

I'm sure I've missed the obvious McNabb race issue/thing the first few times. I thought it was instigated by Rush (a couple years ago) the first time and MCnabb the second time (A month ago).

Educate me, I'm like a sponge. :D

Edited by bushwacked

Does anyone give a flying fat spinach chit about what McNabb's dad thinks besides race baiters and diehard Philly Homers? :D

Well Donovan sure didn't disagree with his father on this point. The fact is that the McNabbs have brought up the race issue multiple times. I like McNabb. He seems like a good person and he was a top 5 QB in the league for a few years. Sadly, his career seems to have already peaked. He has a history of injuries and it seems like each time he comes back he is a little less effective.