[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New BCS rankings

budlitebrad

And quit it with your southern victimhood baloney. The SEC is the biggest, baddest, most powerful conference in the land. Ask every national media pundit.You have a market area that equates to 1/4 of the country. The Pac-10 is 4 states, 3 hours behind everyone else. The Big 10 doesn't even have the biggest college football program in their region within its ranks.

What does the above have to do with anything? :D

How convienent for you, the BCS is correct when it's beneficial for ya'

:D

Moran

Wasn't LSU ranked in the top 2 last week as well. The point is that more people seem to be accepting Oregon more so than Ohio State. Personally I would have preferred to play the Buckeyes since it would have meant a reunion of sorts with my relatives up in Ohio. Maybe next year?

How is that necessarily more impressive than what Oregon has done? Or even LSU? I agree that the pollsters will get a ration of poo if they leave Kansas out after the Mizzou game and they're undefeated, and probably vote them in, which is just as ridiculous.

Were we really any worse off under the old way of doing things?

Listen, I am with ya- I htink the whole 1L thing is completely overrated. We saw how important having a loss was last year in the FLA/OSU debacle........

I mean, Oregon is a goal line fumble away from being undefeated with the #12 SOS in the country. But if KU were to close out with W's against two top ten teams and come thru unscathed in a good Big 12, they are in the NC game-

I think WackoBraves was on the mark tho- if we end up with LSU/Oregon/OU all sitting there with 1L , how do you decide who is left out then?

Listen, I am with ya- I htink the whole 1L thing is completely overrated. We saw how important having a loss was last year in the FLA/OSU debacle........

I mean, Oregon is a goal line fumble away from being undefeated with the #12 SOS in the country. But if KU were to close out with W's against two top ten teams and come thru unscathed in a good Big 12, they are in the NC game-

I think WackoBraves was on the mark tho- if we end up with LSU/Oregon/OU all sitting there with 1L , how do you decide who is left out then?

Please tell me how you can make such an idiot remark. Do you have some magic power of knowing what could of, would of, should of happen if the Ducks didn't fumble? Last time I checked the final score was 31-24.

Guess you figured the Ducks would have gone and got a 2 point conversion and won by 1, right? :D

Please tell me how you can make such an idiot remark. Do you have some magic power of knowing what could of, would of, should of happen if the Ducks didn't fumble? Last time I checked the final score was 31-24.

Guess you figured the Ducks would have gone and got a 2 point conversion and won by 1, right? :D

yep- they were gonna run the fumblerooski and win the game right then and there on a 2pt conversion -

id-yet :D

Hey here's an idea. Maybe we should let the rules set up and agreed upon by all the BCS schools prior to the start of the competition decide which team is left out. :D

Edited by Rockerbraves

How is that necessarily more impressive than what Oregon has done? Or even LSU? I agree that the pollsters will get a ration of poo if they leave Kansas out after the Mizzou game and they're undefeated, and probably vote them in, which is just as ridiculous.

Were we really any worse off under the old way of doing things?

How is it more impressive than Oregon? They play in a major conference and they didn't lose a game and certainly not to a team with 4 losses(could end up being more).

How is it more impressive than LSU? Ditto but change the 4 to a 3(could end up being more).

I don't care how you feel about the relative strength of a particular BCS conference, going unbeaten in a BCS conference is a big deal(just ask Ohio St) and an accomplishment worth reward.

As for your question about being any worse off under the old way...

Some years yes but some no. If KU were to finish unbeaten after all the dust settles they would be NCs under any system, new or old, regardless of who they played. Hell, in the old days one of these teams could be undefeated and going to the Holiday Bowl to play a 6-5 team because of bowl tie-ins.

How is it more impressive than Oregon? They play in a major conference and they didn't lose a game and certainly not to a team with 4 losses(could end up being more).

How is it more impressive than LSU? Ditto but change the 4 to a 3(could end up being more).

I don't care how you feel about the relative strength of a particular BCS conference, going unbeaten in a BCS conference is a big deal(just ask Ohio St) and an accomplishment worth reward.

We're in agreement. All I'm saying is that the poll is stupid when all 3 teams can win out and their rankings will change.

We're in agreement. All I'm saying is that the poll is stupid when all 3 teams can win out and their rankings will change.

I agree for the most part. However, one thing the BCS does is reward for schedule strength and quality wins. Kansas' schedule may have been a bit suspect so far but wins over Mizzou and OU would certainly legitimize it and the computer rankings and thus the BCS rankings will adjust accordingly.

I get your point but this is much better than Voter X simply preferring to see team A vs team B as was often the case with the old human poll rankings.

I agree for the most part. However, one thing the BCS does is reward for schedule strength and quality wins. Kansas' schedule may have been a bit suspect so far but wins over Mizzou and OU would certainly legitimize it and the computer rankings and thus the BCS rankings will adjust accordingly.

I get your point but this is much better than Voter X simply preferring to see team A vs team B as was often the case with the old human poll rankings.

I'm not talking about the pollz. I'm talking about the bowl zyztem.