[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 15 Gamblers (Anonymous) Thread

Steeltown Dre

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I am still blown away. I had teasers and parlays out the ying yang that had the Cowboys and Vikings lined up to close them out with straight up wins. I had it all planned out. I had 1k profit and possibly more for the week lined up and in my sights. Then the Dallas disaster. I didn't even consider hedging on that game because there was just no way in hell the Cowboys would let that one get away.

I am still stunned. I already had the money spent in my mind. It was just a case of waiting until Monday night ot cash it out.

As it stands, I have to have the Vikings straight up win tonight to be slightly above even for the week. And I'll need the Bears to cover 10.5 to get back into decent profit for the week.

If the Bears win this game. I am seriously considering hanging it up for the year before I go red.

Man I am still blown away. I had teasers and parlays out the ying yang that had the Cowboys and Vikings lined up to close them out with straight up wins. I had it all planned out. I had 1k profit and possibly more for the week lined up and in my sights. Then the Dallas disaster. I didn't even consider hedging on that game because there was just no way in hell the Cowboys would let that one get away.

I am still stunned. I already had the money spent in my mind. It was just a case of waiting until Monday night ot cash it out.

As it stands, I have to have the Vikings straight up win tonight to be slightly above even for the week. And I'll need the Bears to cover 10.5 to get back into decent profit for the week.

If the Bears win this game. I am seriously considering hanging it up for the year before I go red.

Rat - you're saying if Min wins but does not cover you'll have a decent profit for the week. And if Min just wins, and no Bears cover, you'll still be in + $ for the week?

If so, why would you even consider hanging it up? I know your pissed about that Dallas loss, but that's one reason I hate playing teasers. Too many plays look "cute" when they are teased, and then you've got everything hanging on one upset. Three games, 2 right reads, one bad turnover in the other game you had a decent read on, and suddenly you've lost the whole thing. But, there isn't anything you can do about it now, and you can still turn in a decent profit this week.

I don't know if you are up or down on the season, it sounds like you are just in the black, and you are mad you aren't up more. But I'm guessing that w/ your plays tonight, you'll add a slight amount to your bottom line. There is always a risk laying $ on the line, but we've got some smart guys in here who, collectively, have been making $ for years I'm sure, and will continue to do so. My advice, get back to capping the way you normally do, don't play quite as many teasers, try to ride a couple teams these last couple of weeks and don't spread your wagers too thin and get ready to kick some ass in the playoffs.

There's my pep talk. Maybe that didn't do it for you though. Should we send you one of those "Peyton Manning Priceless Pep Talks?"

Rat - you're saying if Min wins but does not cover you'll have a decent profit for the week. And if Min just wins, and no Bears cover, you'll still be in + $ for the week?

If so, why would you even consider hanging it up? I know your pissed about that Dallas loss, but that's one reason I hate playing teasers. Too many plays look "cute" when they are teased, and then you've got everything hanging on one upset. Three games, 2 right reads, one bad turnover in the other game you had a decent read on, and suddenly you've lost the whole thing. But, there isn't anything you can do about it now, and you can still turn in a decent profit this week.

I don't know if you are up or down on the season, it sounds like you are just in the black, and you are mad you aren't up more. But I'm guessing that w/ your plays tonight, you'll add a slight amount to your bottom line. There is always a risk laying $ on the line, but we've got some smart guys in here who, collectively, have been making $ for years I'm sure, and will continue to do so. My advice, get back to capping the way you normally do, don't play quite as many teasers, try to ride a couple teams these last couple of weeks and don't spread your wagers too thin and get ready to kick some ass in the playoffs.

There's my pep talk. Maybe that didn't do it for you though. Should we send you one of those "Peyton Manning Priceless Pep Talks?"

You are absolutely right Dre. It is all about greed.

I could have won some smaller parlays without throwing in the ridiculous -500 ML's to fatten them up.

I have been on the brink of huge weeks several times this season only to get blown out in the end. And at this point it just feels like I am treading water. Very frustrating for someone that has grown accustomed to winning.

I have had a few weeks like this one where I was one "easy" cover away from hitting big. It is just draining me to get snuffed every time. You are absolutely right. Had I played it more steady like you do with the majority of investments on single game bets, I would likely be much further ahead than I am, minus the illusion of the big hit that never seems to come through anyway.

All I am saying is that if this one craps out for me, it is probably time to walk away from the table. We'll see.

I'm just smashed up by losing my $2000 WCOFF league game by 4 points, and having those parlays and teasers crap out. That was about a $3000 swing over the course of an afternoon. Quite a lot of money for a poor boy like me.

I am drained. Recovery questionable.

You are absolutely right Dre. It is all about greed.

I could have won some smaller parlays without throwing in the ridiculous -500 ML's to fatten them up.

I have been on the brink of huge weeks several times this season only to get blown out in the end. And at this point it just feels like I am treading water. Very frustrating for someone that has grown accustomed to winning.

I have had a few weeks like this one where I was one "easy" cover away from hitting big. It is just draining me to get snuffed every time. You are absolutely right. Had I played it more steady like you do with the majority of investments on single game bets, I would likely be much further ahead than I am, minus the illusion of the big hit that never seems to come through anyway.

All I am saying is that if this one craps out for me, it is probably time to walk away from the table. We'll see.

I'm just smashed up by losing my $2000 WCOFF league game by 4 points, and having those parlays and teasers crap out. That was about a $3000 swing over the course of an afternoon. Quite a lot of money for a poor boy like me.

I am drained. Recovery questionable.

Every now and then we all have those stretches where you can't seem to hit the game just right, or one bounce kills it for you, or you go 5-4 or 4-5 and get nowhere. It certainly is a draining way to make money, and can leave you pretty down and out at times. It's never a bad decision to take a short break. Especially this time of year - I'm not one to be upset if I don't make a bet for 1 weekend or even 2. You know when you need a break. And if the proposition of losing money right now comes at a time when you don't want to deal w/ the risk and tension/stress, what w/ Christmas and New Years approaching and family and cheer all around, I would strongly advocate taking a quick breather and come back in the playoffs.

Never let this occupation/2nd job of gambling ruin the good times you can share w/ your family the next few weeks. If you don't want to come back, that's up to you. We'll still hope to see you around, but sometimes it's almost as stressful when you give advice and then you find yourself watching the game like you had $ on it, hoping for the correct outcome. This is a "Gamblers Ananymous" thread afterall. Best of luck tonight, I'll be pulling for you, we can use your insights around here. But if it doesn't work out, by all means, take care of whats most important. And that's not gambling/the internet/message boards.

Every now and then we all have those stretches where you can't seem to hit the game just right, or one bounce kills it for you, or you go 5-4 or 4-5 and get nowhere. It certainly is a draining way to make money, and can leave you pretty down and out at times. It's never a bad decision to take a short break. Especially this time of year - I'm not one to be upset if I don't make a bet for 1 weekend or even 2. You know when you need a break. And if the proposition of losing money right now comes at a time when you don't want to deal w/ the risk and tension/stress, what w/ Christmas and New Years approaching and family and cheer all around, I would strongly advocate taking a quick breather and come back in the playoffs.

Never let this occupation/2nd job of gambling ruin the good times you can share w/ your family the next few weeks. If you don't want to come back, that's up to you. We'll still hope to see you around, but sometimes it's almost as stressful when you give advice and then you find yourself watching the game like you had $ on it, hoping for the correct outcome. This is a "Gamblers Ananymous" thread afterall. Best of luck tonight, I'll be pulling for you, we can use your insights around here. But if it doesn't work out, by all means, take care of whats most important. And that's not gambling/the internet/message boards.

Yeah, you couldn't be more right Dre. Yesterday, for several reasons, agitated me to no end...so I pretty much stayed away from sports in general today. As tonight's game has no impact on me with regard to fantasy I am staying away from it. Instead, going to relax and enjoy my evening. As you said, there are much more important things; we should never forget that.

Good luck to everyone that plays tonight's game. Go get 'em!

If I see a guy who has been real hot in other sports, I think it's OK to post about it in this thread. So here's a play:

Arthur Ralph Superpick Monday!

Golden State -3 1/2

8-0 Run For Him On His Superpicks

Paid And Confirmed

:D Thanks Dre..They hit

Well I pegged the Monday night game again. I needed that one for my confidence as much as my bankroll.

Looks like you hit your under Dre, nice call on that one.

Great job Ratt. You got your games and made your profit for the week, I got my under and as whomper said, GS-3.5 won on Arthur Ralph's Superpick, so it looks like we all turned out winners last night. Only 2 more weeks left for before the playoffs - I always love picking in the playoffs. Have typically done very well. But we've still got 2 more weeks so let's find the winners. Good luck guys.