[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does Roy Williams being out, improve S. Smith's value this week?

Square

I know this is a bit of a stretch, but I'm looking for a guy with upside on my bench and was wondering what some of the Carolina faithful thought of there 4th QB this season. Or do any Cowboy homers know how well their secondary plays when Williams is out (assuming he doesn't fight the suspension)? I still think the Cowboys should move the ball fairly well on the Panther D. With Carolina being behind...I'd assume S. Smith would get his looks. The Cowboys run defense seems better than their secondary at times so would it be logical to assume that Smith has a relatively productive day? I'm thinking 70 yards and 1TD here...nothing crazy. I'm just kind of thinking out load here so any opinions are appreciated.

Well, he's a lot less likely to suffer an injury that would knock him out early in the game.

DAL's secondary is always very suspect, and if you can't start a guy like Smith against them, who would you start him against? DAL doesn't have two players in tandem who can keep up with Smith.

DAL's secondary is always very suspect, and if you can't start a guy like Smith against them, who would you start him against? DAL doesn't have two players in tandem who can keep up with Smith.

I don't really doubt Smith's ability (I'm actually hoping he drops to me late in my local next year). I was just more questioning the QB throwing to him. I never even saw a highlight of this Moore guy so I figured I'd see what you guys thought. I know there are some Panther homers on here, but I'm not sure if they have been busy on the boards lately.

I don't really doubt Smith's ability (I'm actually hoping he drops to me late in my local next year). I was just more questioning the QB throwing to him. I never even saw a highlight of this Moore guy so I figured I'd see what you guys thought. I know there are some Panther homers on here, but I'm not sure if they have been busy on the boards lately.

I was at the game on Sunday and will be there on Saturday evening when they take on the Cowboys on NFLN. Moore looked terrific all game. The game plan was conversative and the wind played a big part of the Seahawks ability to move the ball, which kept the score 0 - 0 into the 4th quarter. The Panthers were able to run well enough that they had manageable 3rd downs and Moore was very productive in helping the chains to keep the offense on the field and give the defense a break. Moore wasn't spectacular (made a few nice throws including a nice one to Rosario) that were big plays in the game. He did not make any mistakes and kept the team in the game all afternoon. He had very good poise in the pocket and was able to avoid being sacked the entire game against the #2 team for sacks (can't say if Carr was in there he would have been sacked 3 or 4 times). He was cool in the pocket and notched is first win as a NFL player. He also knew how to get the ball to SS, so I give him high regards on his performance on Sunday. Yes, it was his first game and the Cowboys will bring the pressure on Saturday night, but I am more confident about him than either Vinny or heaven forbid David Carr.

Steve Smith is a decent play on Saturday night as I have a must better feeling about Moore and his ability to manage the game and get the ball to SS. With the stinking play the Cowboys had against the Eagles.... who knows, maybe Carolina can take them down this weekend too. I certainly expect the Cowboys to win the game as they are clearly a much better team, but their recent close calls and the loss against the Eagles give me hope that maybe it won't be the blow out I thought it would be a few weeks ago. :D

Hope that helps you. :D

I don't know man. I think Smith is disapppointed he's out. He was bad in pass coverage and they often took him out on pass plays.

Maybe boost Foster.

I think Williams is getting closer to pushing DF to the bench. His nice 35 yd. TD helped ice the game against the Seahawks and the best run DF had all day was 9 yds. I don't understand why Fox seems so bent on keeping Foster as the starter, even through he keeps putting the ball on the ground all the time (last Sunday was the 9th time for the year - 5 lost). When your TD / Fumble ratio is as lousy has Foster's is.... I just don't get it. :D I wouldn't play Foster unless you had no options on your bench. DW on the other hand may be worth a gamble on Saturday as I think the Panthers will need to utilize his skills. We will see, but I wouldn't touch Foster with a 10 ft. pole and would likely pick up a WW piece of garbarge before I would start Foster... :D

I think Williams is getting closer to pushing DF to the bench. His nice 35 yd. TD helped ice the game against the Seahawks and the best run DF had all day was 9 yds. I don't understand why Fox seems so bent on keeping Foster as the starter, even through he keeps putting the ball on the ground all the time (last Sunday was the 9th time for the year - 5 lost). When your TD / Fumble ratio is as lousy has Foster's is.... I just don't get it. :D I wouldn't play Foster unless you had no options on your bench. DW on the other hand may be worth a gamble on Saturday as I think the Panthers will need to utilize his skills. We will see, but I wouldn't touch Foster with a 10 ft. pole and would likely pick up a WW piece of garbarge before I would start Foster... :D

PSU...thanks for the update. I hadn't seen you lately so I wasn't sure if you were still around. I'm feeling the upside of SS whether Roy Williams is still out or not. I figure SS will at least get his 70-80 yards....I just have to hope he can score a TD this week.

PSU...thanks for the update. I hadn't seen you lately so I wasn't sure if you were still around. I'm feeling the upside of SS whether Roy Williams is still out or not. I figure SS will at least get his 70-80 yards....I just have to hope he can score a TD this week.

I am always around in the 3 leagues I am in here as well as here and the tailgate. Been busy so I don't check as often as I did, but if you need to reach me about anything Panthers, just shoot me a PM and I will respond for sure. Always glad to help my fellow Huddlers with any Homer news on the Panthers. It should be very interesting this offseason as many people are still calling for Fox's head along with the GM as we have really regressed since 2005 after the NFC Title game.

That's what I thought too. Until I read that they had THREE DBs in the Pro Bowl... :D

Well, how much more affective do you think Carolina will be with the run attack compared to the pass? I'm assuming they load up on the run and try to force a rookie to throw a lot. Means bad stats for the QB, but doesn't mean the receivers couldn't have a few big plays. I'm probably wishing this one too much, but I'm trying to stay objective.