[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packer Fans, sound off...

peteteacher2001

What's really sad is if TT would have gotten the job when Wolf left instead of an inexperienced Sherman Favre would have been in position to win a couple more Superbowls. It took Thompson 2-3 years to undue the damage Sherman did and by that time Favre was 36 or 37. What a waste.

Favre is still a better QB than all but maybe 2 guys in the NFC. Who's better? Romo is but who else? Delhomme maybe.

What's really sad is if TT would have gotten the job when Wolf left instead of an inexperienced Sherman Favre would have been in position to win a couple more Superbowls. It took Thompson 2-3 years to undue the damage Sherman did and by that time Favre was 36 or 37. What a waste.

Favre is still a better QB than all but maybe 2 guys in the NFC. Who's better? Romo is but who else? Delhomme maybe.

Brees, McNabb, and Eli are all in the equation...

You might be able to convince me on Brees.

McNabb can't stay on the field .

The Giants caught lightning in a bottle last year. I'd take Favre over Eli every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Not saying that I would take all of those guys over Favre, just saying that those guys should at least be in the equation... I'm also looking at Favre over the last 2-3 years opposed to just last year.

The Jets have "virtually ruled out" pursuing Brett Favre, according to the New York Daily News.

The Daily News and New York Post both believe that Favre is not on the Jets' radar. "It's a long shot right now that the Jets have any interest. I wouldn't spend any time on that," said a league source. The source also said he expects Green Bay to ask for "at least" a second-round pick for Favre.

Source: New York Daily News

fixed

1994*	  38	  MIN	  QB	  15	  15	  371  601  61.7	  4264	  18	  19  1995* 	39 	MIN 	QB 	16 	16 	377 	606 	62.2 	4228 	33	  141996 	40 	MIN 	QB 	8 	8 	134 	247 	54.3 	1610 	7	91997* 	41 	SEA QB 	15 	14 	313 	528 	59.3		 3678	   25	161998 	42 	SEA QB 	10 	10 	145 	258 	56.2		 1632	   11 81999 	43 	KAN 	1 	0 	1 	3 	33.3 	20 		   0 	0 2000 	44 	KAN 	2 	1 	15 	34 	44.1 208 	1 	1

I was talking more about how Favre has the talent to have seasons like the 94, 95, and 97 seasons. Any turd can do what Moon did in 99 and 00.

Edited by Chavez

Letting Favre play somewhere else would be a major mistake for the Packers. When Rogers goes down or plays poorly (or maybe both) they will need old wishy washy Bret. If he's playing well for another team and the Pack tanks, the FO will look like a bunch of idiots.

Is this whole 3 year saga getting old? Yes

Does Favre seem to crave the attention? Of course

Can the man still play some football and make a team better than it actually is? Absolutely!

Edited by Jason72

Unless the Vikings pony up a 1st round pick I agree. Right now it looks like Tampa will pay. It needs to be done quickly though. They gave a 4th round pick for Plummer.

If he did go to Minny I would expect Woodson and Al Harris to be :wacko::D

No way Favre worth a 1st rounder. 3rd or 4th .... maybe.

Listening to the Favre interview he said he retired because they were pressuring him for a decision. He said he got calls from MM every week, but that doesn't jibe with what he said when he retired.

Of course they didn't want him to wait until after the draft but he could have decided in early. That 4 months from the end of the season.

No way Favre worth a 1st rounder. 3rd or 4th .... maybe.

You're right 1 pick wouldn't be enough. :wacko: A 4th for Tampa Bay but 2 first round picks for the Vikings.

They woud have to offer substantialy more than other teams. They dn't want him going there.

Favre's interview last night.

"Them moving on does not bother me," Favre said. "It doesn't. I totally understand that. By me retiring March 3, I knew that could possibly happen. All I was saying is, you know, I'm thinking about playing again."

Ya think? :wacko:

He didn't clear up all that much. One thing that bothered me was he said if they would allow his decision near training camp he would have come back.

Come on Brett. You had to decide by the draft, Decide by April 15th. That's almost 4 months.

This is really weird. He felt presured because MM called him every week and asked and TT didn't ask him to come back when he flew down there but you never asked?

This is like a sit com where misunderstandings turn into mountans. I really thought he'd be back but was convinced when he retired, He said he could play but wasn't commited to all the things it take to be an NFL QB anymore.

Was he trying to do a Michael Strahan and show up after training camp? Who knows.

Ted Thompson needs tyo fly dn there and have a good talk with him clear this up.