[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Adrian Peterson (MN)

Outshined

On ESPN earlier they were talking about how AP had a "toe" injury. They compared LT and AP saying they both had toe injuries and who was more vital to their team winning. Did anyone else catch this? That was the first I've heard of AP having a toe injury or maybe I've just been under a rock.

Adrian Peterson (hamstring) was present for the start of Vikings practice Friday.

Reporters caught "All Day" stretching and performing individual drills, though it's unclear how much 11-on-11 work Peterson did. We suspect he was "limited." There will be another update on his status later today, but it would be a surprise if he missed the beginning of the Gus Frerotte era. Sep. 19 - 1:15 pm et

Yes, I'm a AP owner and need him badly, however the Vikes need this win even more. My opinion is that there is no way AP does not play.

Think about this!!!!! The Vikes go 0-3 and the odds of coming back from 0-3 and gettin in the playoffs are A LOT slimmer. This is a must win and they are starting "Crotch Rot Freotte". I don't have a masters in anything, but I would say the seat is getting warmer under Childress. I do think CT will get more carries and depending on how the game goes AP could be rested early should the Vikes some how start kicking %&&.

I think it's a shootout and there will be a lot of FF points in this game. I feel medium level of points for AP maybe 15 carries 85 yards and 1 td is reasonable. I know that's not what we AP owners want, but remember this guy hurt can be better than a lot of backs.

I think Delhomme and Smith could go off in this game.

Big Points coming from this game for both squads.

Vikes 34 Panthers 28

Yes, I'm a AP owner and need him badly, however the Vikes need this win even more. My opinion is that there is no way AP does not play.

Think about this!!!!! The Vikes go 0-3 and the odds of coming back from 0-3 and gettin in the playoffs are A LOT slimmer. This is a must win and they are starting "Crotch Rot Freotte". I don't have a masters in anything, but I would say the seat is getting warmer under Childress. I do think CT will get more carries and depending on how the game goes AP could be rested early should the Vikes some how start kicking %&&.

I think it's a shootout and there will be a lot of FF points in this game. I feel medium level of points for AP maybe 15 carries 85 yards and 1 td is reasonable. I know that's not what we AP owners want, but remember this guy hurt can be better than a lot of backs.

I think Delhomme and Smith could go off in this game.

Big Points coming from this game for both squads.

Vikes 34 Panthers 28

I agree with some of what you say here, except for the shootout prediction.

I'm not sure that the Vikings offense is capable of a shootout style game (especially against a decent Carolina D, and with a gimpy RB, and a new starting QB). The Vikes have scored 2 TDs this season so far. Let's say they perform exceptionally well and score 3 TDs this game... then maybe add in a Field Goal, and they are still only topping out around 24 points.

Picked up some decent seats cheaply and going to the game. I don't see a shootout here, not with Carolina playing good defense and the Vikings defense playing really well. I heard Winfield may be on Smith tomorrow for most of the time, and that will be a good matchup. The key will be whether Frerotte can complete enough key passes to keep drives going, and also how much the defense and Allen can pressure Delhomme. I can see a lot of kicker points in this one. There's no doubt in my mind that Childress is getting desperate and now realizes his faith (if that's what it was) in T-Jax was a mistake. The kid simply cannot run a consistent ball control offense - he is not an accurate passer and cannot make quick reads in the first place. I think Frerotte will give them a better chance in most cases, and I do expect the Vikings to win this game at home with Carolina sitting nicely at 2-0 already. I do think they need to start off strong in the game - the fans will be on fire, but if they don't, they will surely turn on them, which won't help.