[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The handcuff..........

Hugh 0ne

What about a player like Felix Jones or Sproles or even Norwood, Special teams,PPR, Guys that actually touch the ball(10 or more times)? 12 man league pretty tough on RB position? What if any, is the value of those guys?

Norwood isn't a handcuff, he's more of a RBBC. If I owned Barber or LT I would grab Jones and Sproles. Of course, not in the 2nd round, but probably a round or 2 before they would normally go.

Here's something for you: in a 12 team, 17 round draft, take the guys drafted in the 17th round and tell me at the end of the season how many of them outscore Cassel. If you end up with 1 I'd be very surprised.

Last round picks I guess would included guys like Edwards, O'Sullivan and Warner. Will they out score Cassel? I'm not sure but I'm willing to bet that they will out score Sorgi and Johnson.

So let's use these 3 stud QB's over a 2 year period and see if this handcuffing strategy makes any sence. In 2007 Cassel had 0 value , Sorgi had 0 value and who ever Romo's backup was had 0 value. That means in that last 2 seasons (so far) using these 3 big names QB's that your strategy possibly would have worked out 1/6th of the time. I say possibly because some of the QB's I mentioned above could still outscore Casell this season. Personally, if Warner stays healthy I think he will and I defintley think all these players will all out score Sorgi and Johnson. So if you have Warner and he does out score Cassel, than that means your strategy actually worked 0% of the time.

And lets not forget the 17th round sleeper WR/RB that you may have left on the table in order to get Sorgi....Desean Jackson and Eddie Royal went in the last round or two this year. If I was a Manning/Romo owner I'd much rather have one of those guys over Sorgi/Johnson thats for sure.

Man, I handcuffed everybody and thir mother this year at the RB position

Peterson - Taylor

Portis - Betts

Lynch - Jackson

McFadden - Bush

Jacobs - Ward

And I picked up Sammie Morris in just about every league I'm in.

But mt favorite handcuff.........

Rudi Johnson - Kenny Watson :wacko: I'm never drafting that early again

Hypothetically speaking (or maybe not) which of the following RBs would be the first to go off this roster?

AD

Barber

Felix

Pierre Thomas

Hightower

Sammy Morris

Chester Taylor

All of these backs have value, while Chester has the least value, imo.

I would pose all hypothetical questions in the hypotheitical forum.

I would pose all hypothetical questions in the hypotheitical forum.

This goes directly to the topic at hand of handcuffing. I did draft Chester and Felix Jones also for that matter since I had already kept AD and Barber on my roster. That's 4 positions on a roster for 2 startable players in any week, although Felix could be considered along with Barber and not instead of. Of that group, Chester is the obvious odd man out if you want to also have WRs or players at other positions on your team.

Also how is the Tom Brady handcuff working out? He's not a startable QB right now even though he's playing the easiest schedule in the league. If you didn't or couldn't find two NFL QBs to draft that are better than him, than you aren't very good at drafting, imo.