[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tanking

Hat Trick

When I owned a business I had a female applicant that on her application listed three previous jobs in the last 18 months, and the reason given for leaving all three was "sexual descrimination." Take a guess how fast that app ended up in the trash.

I'm not saying sexual descrimination doesn't exist, it surely does, but I wasn't excited about be the next white guy to line up and get accused the first time I tell a woman she looks nice today or something.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I owned a business I had a female applicant that on her application listed three previous jobs in the last 18 months, and the reason given for leaving all three was "sexual descrimination." Take a guess how fast that app ended up in the trash.

I'm not saying sexual descrimination doesn't exist, it surely does, but I wasn't excited about be the next white guy to line up and get accused the first time I tell a woman she looks nice today or something.

It's the "or something" that will get you in trouble.

I am sure they are bothered by it, but they are too chickenshiatt to respond.

wow, deja vu.

I was a newbie in a NL only baseball league several years ago with a few co-workers and their friends and one of the rules of the league was that there were no add/drops for the entire year. If you drafted a player he was yours no matter what happened. :wacko:

So the last round of the draft the brother of the commissioner (who I worked with) drafted a player who had just been traded from an NL team to an AL team (can't remember who). I pointed this out and the guy said whatever. :D About 3 weeks into the season this guy starts complaining that he didn't know the guy had been traded and wanted to pick up a player. So the commissioner let him pick up this rookie named Pujols. :D

I complained about this and nobody else in the league thought it was a big deal and/or didn't want to rock the boat as it were, and as a matter of fact, the guy who picked up Pujols started ripping on me for being a crybaby. :D

Took me about a week to say f this and I dropped all my players and said adios to the league. Cost me some friendships but I'm serious about fantasy sports and right is right.

I guess this is my way of saying kick these two guys out and get some serious people in your league or you're going to always have problems. :D

Did she have big cans?

Did she have big cans?

no kidding, might as well get in a squeeze right quick, like anyones going to believe her after 3 aqusations and right after her telling you in the interview :wacko:

Did she have big cans?

Actually, I never met her, she left an application one night when I wasn't there. I got in the the next day and read it and filed it. I never called her.

:wacko:

Wait a minute. Now you're saying that Hat is sexual harrassing the black guys? Holy crap, this may be grounds to get Hat the death penalty!

:D

Wait a minute. Now you're saying that Hat is sexual harrassing the black guys? Holy crap, this may be grounds to get Hat the death penalty!

Please don't ban me David :D

It's only harrasment if it's unwelcome, so he's cool.

I do not give warnings for collusion... You are not helping anybody but the folks who cheated...This type of cheating can ruin the entire season for all ten of the other owners.

I do understand you are in a tough spot but sometimes you have to be firm.

I think I'd rather have a fantasy football season ruined and be out $100 or so than have to spend each day, every day in an uncomfortable work environment. I think HT handled this perfectly. I'm sure it's already awkward enough around there... I know this is going to sound crazy considering where I'm posting this message, but some things actually do transcend fantasy football.