[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Schaub

Mojo Rising

Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that Texans quarterback Matt Schaub suffered a torn MCL on Sunday against the Vikings, and he’ll miss at least a month.

The MCL typically heals itself with rest; surgery is required only when there’s a complete tear.

Taking Schaub’s place will be Sage Rosenfels, one of the better backup quarterbacks in the league (notwithstanding that unfortunate John Elway imitation, which cost the Texans a win over the Colts).

Over the next four weeks, the Texans host the Ravens in the Ike makeup game, travel to Indy for a rematch with the Colts, head to Cleveland for a game against the Browns, and then return to Houston for a Monday nighter against Jacksonville.

Rosenfels completed 21 of 29 passes in the second half of Sunday’s loss to the Vikings, generating a passer rating of 103.2. His 92.8 rating for the season is actually higher than Schaub’s (91.0).

Your title states Schaub is "Out a Month".....could be season-ending, as the club us apparently thinking of freeing up some roster space by placing him on IR.

Per Fox Sports via CBS:

Matt Schaub, QB HOU

FOX Sports reports that Texans QB Matt Schaub suffered a torn MCL Sunday at Minnesota and will be shelved at least one month. The club may opt to place him on season-ending Injured Reserve, depending on the severity of the tear, how quickly he heals and how the team does in his absence. This is the third significant injury Schaub has suffered since becoming the Texans starting quarterback last season. Schaub had 139 yards with an interception and a fumble before leaving at the Vikings, and was replaced by Sage Rosenfels, who gunned for 224 yards and two touchdowns with an interception.

Your title states Schaub is "Out a Month".....could be season-ending, as the club us apparently thinking of freeing up some roster space by placing him on IR.

Per Fox Sports via CBS:

Matt Schaub, QB HOU

FOX Sports reports that Texans QB Matt Schaub suffered a torn MCL Sunday at Minnesota and will be shelved at least one month. The club may opt to place him on season-ending Injured Reserve, depending on the severity of the tear, how quickly he heals and how the team does in his absence. This is the third significant injury Schaub has suffered since becoming the Texans starting quarterback last season. Schaub had 139 yards with an interception and a fumble before leaving at the Vikings, and was replaced by Sage Rosenfels, who gunned for 224 yards and two touchdowns with an interception.

yea my post was titled like that because that was the news that was being reported at the time. thanks for following up on my post with new info swami. :wacko:

Edit: if you hear of anything else, please keep us up to date!

Edited by Mojo Rising

Hmmmm...... :wacko: Rosenfels has played OK in the past (other than the Indy meltdown). Schaub was starting to look good though. It will be interesting to see how things play out for the future.

Great...now I have to hope I can get Rosenfels on the WW tomorrow. I have Warner holding my team up, but I'd like to have a solid backup for my 38 year old starter. Hopefully my winning team status won't screw me out of the backup.