[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aaron Rodgers year 2

Randall

Rodgers looks legit to me. The D is what went to crap last season. Most teams would give up a lot to have a first time starter step in like Rodgers did last year. Of course it is just one season and the NFL is a hard place to play, but I don't see any reason to not be optimistic. Now, SHHH so he doesn't get too much hype and can fall to me in my drafts.

The D is what went to crap last season.

Massive understatement. The defense has got to step it up. I've actually come full circle on Ryan Grant, I think he'll play closer to the 07 year than last year. I also love hearing that there are camp battles all across the O Line. I believe this is the year where Ted THompsons O Line picks start to shine.

Massive understatement. The defense has got to step it up. I've actually come full circle on Ryan Grant, I think he'll play closer to the 07 year than last year. I also love hearing that there are camp battles all across the O Line. I believe this is the year where Ted THompsons O Line picks start to shine.

And if Ted's O-Line and D/ST doesn't step up will you finally realize he's a DUMBA$$?

And if Ted's O-Line and D/ST doesn't step up will you finally realize he's a DUMBA$$?

I think I already realized you are.

I don't understand how people think Ted Thompson is an idiot. What has the guy done wrong? Getting rid of Favre was the RIGHT move. If people think that last year was a step back I tend to believe that the year before last was an example of catching lightning in a bottle. Everything went right for them two years ago and they could have easily lost a number of the games they squeaked out. Last year everything went wrong and they could have easily won a few more games. They were rebuildinf from the crap that Thompson inherited and he is doing the right thing.

What has Thompson done to make him an idiot?

Umm... Two years ago they were a play away from going to the super bowl. They were that far because of TT and MM.

Daryn Colledge has been dependable from the start, but the players I'm talking about are Allen Barbre who has the tools to be a great OL in this system, Breno Giacomini, Josh Sitton, and the rookie crop of Lange and Meredith. Spitz beating out Scott Wells at center will set this team up with a very young line that can grow with the rest of the offence.

In other news, is this Ed Hoyle troll another huddle user using a different s/n?

I like how people join a few days ago and already know everything. FF sure doesn't have a lot of mediocre players. Everyone is superiorly awesome at this game. :wacko:

They were rebuildinf from the crap that Thompson inherited and he is doing the right thing.

What has Thompson done to make him an idiot?

I think people rip Ted Thompson because

A. He's a member of the Green Bay Packers

B. Because he wouldn't bend over for Favre

C. Because his draft picks aren't sexy/Flashy...

People do forget what a wreck this team was when Ted Thompson took over, and later hired Mike McCarthy. Favre was about tapped out, and they were coming off of a 4-12 season. They had absolutely no depth and very few playmakers/firepower.

Better than expected.

Aaron Rodgers

Nick Collins

Brady Poppinga

Daryn Colledge

Greg Jennings

Jason Spitz

Will Blackmon

Johnny Jolley

James Jones

Worse than expected

Corey Rodgers

Justin Harrell

Brandon Jackson

Indifferent-

AJ Hawk-

N/A

Terrance Murphy-Neck injury shortened his career. Who knows what he may have done.

I see him being top 3-4 again this year, and forseeable future. Rodgers is legit, and has great young weapons.

That would imply he was top 3-4 LAST year.

I think Rodgers had a good '08. Not great, but good. Not top 3. Pro Bowl, maybe, which makes him top 3 NFC.

.... If people think that last year was a step back I tend to believe that the year before last was an example of catching lightning in a bottle. Everything went right for them two years ago and they could have easily lost a number of the games they squeaked out. Last year everything went wrong and they could have easily won a few more games.

Actually, I think they overachieved in '07 and underachieved last year. Take their 19-13 aggregate over the two years and I'd say it's right about where their level of play was - 9-10 win team.

I expect better things with a tremendous upgrade in defensive coaching. The offense should be fine. Special teams, I'm not sure yet.

Actually, I think they overachieved in '07 and underachieved last year. Take their 19-13 aggregate over the two years and I'd say it's right about where their level of play was - 9-10 win team.

I expect better things with a tremendous upgrade in defensive coaching. The offense should be fine. Special teams, I'm not sure yet.

Agree 100%. You made the point I was trying to make better and in less words. :wacko: