[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beaking Down the Beasts in the East

Cowboyz1

Maybe this is a homer talking but am I the only one that thinks that Dallas is overrated and is one three game losing streak away from JJ giving Wade Phillips the hook? Dallas may have talent across the board but Phillips' track record says that his teams underachieve and eventually fall apart. This is his third year and this team is on schedule for a 7-9 season with a major meltdown coming. The only good thing about TO going to Buffalo is that he can't be blamed for the coming disaster. Frankly, I'll be impressed if the Cowboys are in a position to contend for a playoff spot come December.

Each team in the NFC East has the opportunity to be really good but they all have question marks. Can Dallas keep it together this year nad will Roy Williams produce as a #1 WR should? Are injuries and age finally going to take the Eagles down a peg? Do the Giants have the receivers to remain copetetive in this tough division? Is this the year that Jason Campbell gets it and takes Washington to the playoffs? Here's my not so bold predictions as to how this plays out:

Giants 10-6 Division Champs. They lose a couple of games early in the season that they could have won but eventually one of the receivers steps forward to steady the WR corps. I think Hixon gets the start early in the year but Manningham is the guy by years end.

Eagles 10-6 Wildcard. You could swap positions with the Giants here but a slide in late November early December forces them out of the top spot. This will be when Westbrook goes out with an ankle problem for three games. They get it back together long enough to make the playoffs, but there's not enough gas in the tank to go far.

Redskins 8-8 Albert Haynesworth is yet another in a long line of overpaid, high profile busts that Danny Snyder has brought in to play for the Redskins. Campbell does well enough to win some games but he can't overcome a general lack of cohesiveness that this team has.

Cowboys 7-9 A player's coach does not a championship football team make. Wade Phillips is the only thing holding this team back from a championship run and this year proves it. The buzz in the locker room becomes stronger than the buzz on the field and that's when the wheels come off.

Well done, I would love ot see more of this kind of analysis rather then just mud throwing. This is why I started this thread. I may have homer glasses on but that's what it's all about. Getting behind your team and saying so early and why. Thanks for your solid opinion.

I think your wrong about Dallas but that's why the post, I want to here what others think that don't have my Cowboy glasses on.

Keep them coming fellas. What's up with Redskin fans. No hope I guess. :wacko:

Philly is the most over rated team in this division, with Dallas being the most under rated at this point. A complete reversal of last yr....

:wacko:

I'm starting to think Dallas is the most overrated team....you sound like a Dallas fan...

This is an interesting thread to say the least.

The NFC East is alwys competitive and every game is fun to watch. You all know I am an Eagles fan. I have always tried to look at the upcoming season objectively and if anything, I am overly critical of the Eagles.

The above being said, I don't see how the Eagles don't walk away with the division this season. They have put themselves back to the brink of greatness by replacing depleted talent with youth and skill. McNabb and Reid will always be questioned by both Eagles fans and non-Eagles fans. But the organiztion does a fantastic job of giving us a chance to win every year. I think they are nasty and young and will continue to get better. A Super Bowl would be nice at some point though.. Though it is just as good for me that I get to watch meaningful games all season long for the pat 10 seasons.

Eagles: 11-5

Giants: 10-6

Cowboys: 8-8

Redskins: 7-9

My team plays in the north, so I dont have a dog in this fight . .

Eagles 10-6 Division champs

The defense may not have pro bowlers at every position, but the SYSTEM is money. Add that in with a couple new weapons for McNabb in McCoy and Maclin and I think the Iggles win the division. A HUGE part of this is Westy's rehab being completely successful and the addition of Peters on the line puts the Iggles over the top

Giants 9-7 Wildcard

The defense could be the best in the NFC. The D-line is SCARY good, and will make every other position on defense look better. Jacons/Bradshaw running the ball with a solid o-line has potential to have two 1000 rushers again this year. Boss will be a solid TE compliment this year. The problem is the lack of experience/ talent in the Wr corp. S Smith and Sinorice Moss were mkoth high draft picks that have not distinguished themselves. Hakeen Nicks and Hixon have talent, but we will see how they develop. WR is the position that costs them a game and the division crown

Cowboys 8-8

While they have a lot of talent at RB, their O-line simply isnt elite. The lack of a reliable receiviong threat outside of Witten will hinder Romo and place a bigger burden on the running game to bail them out. The defense is solid, but inconsistent. As much of a headache that TO is, his presence will be sorely missed by the 'Boys this year.

Redskins 6-10

Defense will be mediocre again, due to spending too much time on the field. Portis cant do it all, and the only way I see the Skins improving on this record is a MASSIVE improvement by Campbell and the WRs. The oline is getting old quick, and outside of Cooley, no one scares a secondary on that team. I think the defense could be a lot better if they got more help from the offense.

My team plays in the north, so I dont have a dog in this fight . .

Eagles 10-6 Division champs

The defense may not have pro bowlers at every position, but the SYSTEM is money. Add that in with a couple new weapons for McNabb in McCoy and Maclin and I think the Iggles win the division. A HUGE part of this is Westy's rehab being completely successful and the addition of Peters on the line puts the Iggles over the top

Giants 9-7 Wildcard

The defense could be the best in the NFC. The D-line is SCARY good, and will make every other position on defense look better. Jacons/Bradshaw running the ball with a solid o-line has potential to have two 1000 rushers again this year. Boss will be a solid TE compliment this year. The problem is the lack of experience/ talent in the Wr corp. S Smith and Sinorice Moss were mkoth high draft picks that have not distinguished themselves. Hakeen Nicks and Hixon have talent, but we will see how they develop. WR is the position that costs them a game and the division crown

Cowboys 8-8

While they have a lot of talent at RB, their O-line simply isnt elite. The lack of a reliable receiviong threat outside of Witten will hinder Romo and place a bigger burden on the running game to bail them out. The defense is solid, but inconsistent. As much of a headache that TO is, his presence will be sorely missed by the 'Boys this year.

Redskins 6-10

Defense will be mediocre again, due to spending too much time on the field. Portis cant do it all, and the only way I see the Skins improving on this record is a MASSIVE improvement by Campbell and the WRs. The oline is getting old quick, and outside of Cooley, no one scares a secondary on that team. I think the defense could be a lot better if they got more help from the offense.

Since when is the 4th ranked defense in the league considered mediocre?