[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What position scores the most in IDP

I'm in a brand new dynasty IDP league. I'm almost at the end of a draft in which we have 40 roster spots, and 6 TS. We start 16 players every week. Who tends to score the most in IDP? I know it depends on who you have, but I'm asking in general terms/potential. From what I've read it's the LB's, then the DE's, and then the DB's. We also play a defense if we want to. Would a defense possibly outscore all of these positions?

Right now, I plan to start the following lineup.

1 QB

3 RB

3 WR

1 TE

1 PK

3 LB

3 DE/DT (I'm just going to go with all DE's or should I get some DT's?)

1 CB/S

16=Total

Starting Lineup Choices

Number of Starting QBs: 1

Number of Starting RBs: 1-3

Number of Starting WRs: 1-3

Number of Starting TEs: 1

Number of Starting PKs: 1

Number of Starting DT+DEs: 1-3

Number of Starting LBs: 1-3

Number of Starting CB+Ss: 1-3

Number of Starting Defs: 0-1

Scoring

Number of Passing TDs 1-10 6 points each

Number of Passing TDs 1-10 6 points each

Passing Yards .04 point for every 1

Pass Interceptions Thrown 1-10 -2 points for 1, and then -2 point for every 1 thereafter

Passing 2 Pointers 1-99 2 points each

Number of Rushing TDs 1-10 6 points each

Rushing Yards 1-999 .1 point for every 1

Rushing 2 Pointers 1-10 2 points each

Number of Receiving TDs 1-10 6 points each

Receiving Yards 1-999 .1 point for every 1

Receptions 0-99 1 point for every 1

Receiving 2 Pointers 1-10 2 points each

Length of Field Goal Made 0-30 3

Length of Field Goal Made 31-99 .1 point for every 1

Extra Points 1-10 1 point each

Number of Punt Return TDs 1-10 6 points each

Punt Return Yards 1-999 .05 point for every 1

Number of Kickoff Return TDs 1-10 6 points each

Kickoff Return Yards 1-999 .025 point for every 1

Fumbles Lost (to Opponent) 1-10 -2 points for 1, and then -2 point for every 1 thereafter

Number of Defensive Fumble Recovery TDs 1-10 6 points each

Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent) 1-10 2 points each

Opponent Fumble Recovery Yards 1-999 .1 point for every 1

Number of Offensive Fumble Recovery TDs 1-10 6 points each

Forced Fumbles 1-10 2 points each

Number of Interception Return TDs 1-10 6 points each

Interceptions Caught 1-10 3 points each

Interception Return Yards 1-999 .1 point for every 1

Passes Defensed 1-99 1 point each

Number of Blocked Field Goal TDs 1-10 6 points each

Length of Blocked Field Goal TD 1-110 .1 point for every 1

Blocked Field Goals 0-10 3 points each

Number of Blocked Punt TDs 1-10 6 points each

Length of Blocked Punt TD 1-110 .1 point for every 1

Blocked Punts 0-10 3 points each

Blocked Extra Points 0-10 1 point each

Tackles 0-99 1 point each

Assists 0-99 0.5 points each

Sacked a QB 0-99 .5 point for every .5

Safeties 1-10 4 points each

Rules for Def

Total Points Allowed 0-0 10

Total Points Allowed 1-6 7

Total Points Allowed 7-14 3

Total Points Allowed 15-20 0

Total Points Allowed 21-99 -3

Edited by electricrelish

Generally, LB's are the RB's if defense in IDPs and a top scorer is on high demend.

For DL's, DE's generally score more that DT's, though a few DT's can generate points.

Safetys generally score more than CB's, and a good NFL CB may not be a good fantasy CB as the opposing team might not throw in his direction.

Edited by Big John

You are asking the wrong question. The question should be, "Which position has the top players score more than the general position?", Not, "Which position score the most?". Scoring difference (value) wins in FF, not scoring.

Thanks for your response. What is the answer? Based on my current defensive lineup, I believe I would start 3 LB and 3 DE/DT and 1 CB/S. I am only required to start 1 at each position or I could start 1 Defense. All the other spots will go to my offensive positions.

LBs

Willis, Patrick

Bulluck, Keith

Cooper, Stephen

Dansby, Karlos

Rudd, Barrett

Williams, D.J.

DE+DT

Allen, Jared

Kelly, Tommy

Peppers, Julius (haven't won him yet in an auction draft)

Williams, Mario

CB/S

Bell, Yeremiah

Horton, Chris

Wilson, Adrian (haven't won him yet in an auction draft)

Edited by electricrelish

Thanks for your response. What is the answer? Based on my current defensive lineup, I believe I would start 3 LB and 3 DE/DT and 1 CB/S. I am only required to start 1 at each position or I could start 1 Defense. All the other spots will go to my offensive positions.

LBs

Willis, Patrick

Bulluck, Keith

Cooper, Stephen

Dansby, Karlos

Rudd, Barrett

Williams, D.J.

DE+DT

Allen, Jared

Kelly, Tommy

Peppers, Julius (haven't won him yet in an auction draft)

Williams, Mario

CB/S

Bell, Yeremiah

Horton, Chris

Wilson, Adrian (haven't won him yet in an auction draft)

Your D scoring isn't particularly heavy - the league is definitely O slanted. Even top LBs like Willis will barely crack the top 100. I'd use WR3s as a gage on LBs - the LBs ought to be about in this neighborhood in your draft/value. The difference between LB1s and LB3s is about 2 to 2.5 ppw, not a huge deal.

DBs sit right around WR4s, and DLs sit right around Ks. If you can start 3 LBs, that's what you ought to aim at unless some top DBs drop to you. You've got 2 dandies in Willis and Ruud, so that helps a lot. You'll probably do better filling out as much of the rest of your D as possible with as many DBs as possible, and Allen would give you a startable DL. Forget DTs - they just don't score enough and half the league is going 3-4 now it seems, making DTs even less desirable.

Your D scoring isn't particularly heavy - the league is definitely O slanted. Even top LBs like Willis will barely crack the top 100. I'd use WR3s as a gage on LBs - the LBs ought to be about in this neighborhood in your draft/value. The difference between LB1s and LB3s is about 2 to 2.5 ppw, not a huge deal.

DBs sit right around WR4s, and DLs sit right around Ks. If you can start 3 LBs, that's what you ought to aim at unless some top DBs drop to you. You've got 2 dandies in Willis and Ruud, so that helps a lot. You'll probably do better filling out as much of the rest of your D as possible with as many DBs as possible, and Allen would give you a startable DL. Forget DTs - they just don't score enough and half the league is going 3-4 now it seems, making DTs even less desirable.

Thanks for taking the time to look this over. I do plan to start as many offense players as possible, but the max starters for RBs and WRs is 3 each. The rest of the offense positions is 1 each, so I have to fill out the rest with defense and we're required to start at least 1-3 LB, 1-3 DE/DT, and 1-3 CB/S or 0-1 Defense.

Since I've never played IDP before, do you think that a defense (i.e. Vikings) could possibly be a better start than starting an additional LB, DE or CB/S? Based upon the comparison of a LB to a WR3 and a DB to a WR4, then it sounds like starting a defense may be a good idea over an additional DB or DE. Would that be correct?

Edited by electricrelish

• 4 weeks later...