[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Greg Jennings a bust this year?

jordanzs

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clifton is almost healthy. With the bye he says he'll be back at LT. 3 offensive lineman had to shift when he went down. When he's back the whole offense should be better. Don't give up yet.

OK, if Clifton comes back and the O-line is able to play where they are stronger, and with Green Bay playing the Lions after the bye, I will start Jennings yet again. If he can't come up with at least 5 catches, 80+ yards and a TD, he will be bench fodder indefinitely. You can't get a much better matchup than the Lions. I'd take 7 catches for 120 and no TD, since TDs are hard to predict, but the long ball TDs were his wheelhouse last year, and I drafted him specifically in my main local because we get bonus points for the long TDs. If he starts clicking, I am sitting pretty with Jennings, DeSean Jackson, and the new Steve Smith in that league (with Dwayne Bowe there for depth).

Guys, regardless of the reasons, Jennings is indeed a bust so far this year. OK, the O-line isn't protecting Rodgers so Jennings isn't getting the looks...I hear ya. That is a reason, yes, but Jennings lines at the end of the game are still going to be...bust-like until that problem is fixed. Play him at your peril...then again, I almost feel compelled to play him because he was a high pick. :wacko:

ummm...he had 2 good games and 2 bad games. If I get 100 yards or a TD from a Wr, I consider it a good game. Wr are up and down all year anyway. Jennings could be drafted in the 3rd round while others took R Moss, Fitz, AJ, etc 1st round early 2nd. I would sayTHEY are more BUST so far then Jennings.

Edited by LayLow

well at the moment in a dynasty league where I thought I was set on offense this season injuries and lack of productivity haven't killed me yet but my defense can't carry this mob all year round. At QB i was happy enough with McNabb, Hasselback but picked up Orton just in case in the end luckily. At RB I was always thin having Forte, Buckhalter, Fred Taylor and Mendenhall but i only need to start one. At WR I figured i was that strong it was ridiculous with Jennings, Roddy White, Anthony Gonzalez and Roy Williams oh how mistaken I was I currently am 3-1 and the highest scoring team in the league that is how dominant the defense I have has been (IDP) but it can't carry me all year at the moment I am on the verge of trying to get rid of a couple of players to maybe get Knox and Massaquoi up from my taxi squad even though I don't like playing rookie WRs at all.

ummm...he had 2 good games and 2 bad games. If I get 100 yards or a TD from a Wr, I consider it a good game. Wr are up and down all year anyway. Jennings could be drafted in the 3rd round while others took R Moss, Fitz, AJ, etc 1st round early 2nd. I would sayTHEY are more BUST so far then Jennings.

Greg Jennings was taken on average in the middle of the 2nd round. He is still being taken in the middle of the second round according to ADP data...

http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp.php

I drafted him and traded him after his first week...thank god

:wacko:

You traded a WR with 8 catches thru three games and a hurt RB for MJD?

I am guessing you have picutre of him and his mechanic which he doesn't want made public.

Or he traded with the chick who joined the league solely because her boyfriend is the Commissioner.

Greg Jennings was taken on average in the middle of the 2nd round. He is still being taken in the middle of the second round according to ADP data...

http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp.php

I drafted him and traded him after his first week...thank god

He went beginning of 3rd in all my leagues. Obviously, that is why you can't depend on ADP as each draft is extremely different. either way was taken AFTER the other guys i named and NONE have done much better.

Anything else?

Um.. you don't draft top WRS hoping for 100 yards "SOMETIMES" 2 catch for 100 yard.. is not comforting either.. that makes him a Hit or Miss long ball.. Bernard berrian type.. that you do not draft in the top 5...6...rounds

Um.. you don't draft top WRS hoping for 100 yards "SOMETIMES" 2 catch for 100 yard.. is not comforting either.. that makes him a Hit or Miss long ball.. Bernard berrian type.. that you do not draft in the top 5...6...rounds

Ummm, same as just about every other WR taken before him or around him. Again, another retort that wouldn't comment on my point.

You can call him a "bust this year" all you want based on a couple poor games, but make sure you throw Moss, Colston, White, Boldin, Fitzy into the bust discussion.

Most of the above have circumstances that explain the slow starts. Be patient. Their talent we reward you.

Edited by Company of Heroes

Company of Heroes correct again

Larry Fitzgerald

(Ari - WR) 24.07 8 pts per game

Andre Johnson

(Hou - WR) 37.40 9 pts per game

Randy Moss

(NE - WR) 34.07 8.5 points per game

Steve Smith

(Car - WR) 15.93 5.33 points per game

Calvin Johnson

(Det - WR 33.00 8.25 points per game

Reggie Wayne

(Ind - WR) 50.60 12.65 points per game

Greg Jennings

(GB - WR) 30.00 7.5 points per game

Roddy White

(Atl - WR) 13.93 4.66 points per game

Anquan Boldin

(Ari - WR) 17.67 6 points per game

Dwayne Bowe

(KC - WR) 19.13 4.75 points per game (may have played 3 games)

Marques Colston

(NO - WR) 33.20 8.25 per game

I don't know...but the difference between the #1 guy (fitz) and Jennings compared to where you could have drafted them makes Fitz more of a BUST for me. Where is that post?

In one of my leagues where I thought my team was set to dominate, I got AP with the 1st pick (he's been ok but nothing special), and on the 2nd/3rd round wrap-back, I picked Roddy White & Greg Jennings. Looked great on paper, but so far that team is a mediocre 2-2.

Besides the offensive line problems, Green Bay is putting up the passing yards, but they're just not going to Jennings. The ball is going to Driver, and now to Finley, and Jordy Nelson. Randy Moss is still definitely the primary recipient of Brady's throws. Seems like the passes that do go to Jennings are intercepted or thrown over his head, etc.

Edited by jordanzs

In one of my leagues where I thought my team was set to dominate, I got AP with the 1st pick (he's been ok but nothing special), and on the 2nd/3rd round wrap-back, I picked Roddy White & Greg Jennings. Looked great on paper, but so far that team is a mediocre 2-2.

Besides the offensive line problems, Green Bay is putting up the passing yards, but they're just not going to Jennings. The ball is going to Driver, and now to Finley, and Jordy Nelson. Randy Moss is still definitely the primary recipient of Brady's throws. Seems like the passes that do go to Jennings are intercepted or thrown over his head, etc.

That's just the deal with FF sometimes. Frustrating, yes, but that doesn't mean you did something wrong.

I for one was as impressed with Rodgers if not more than Favre last night considering the incredible differences between the O and D lines for both teams.

That's just the deal with FF sometimes. Frustrating, yes, but that doesn't mean you did something wrong.

Hahaha yeah, it's all good! I have fun, even in defeat. It's just funny though how a team could looks so good before the season starts, and turn out otherwise. That team of mine should do better throughout the season, especially now that Pierre Thomas is Pierre Thomas.

Hahaha yeah, it's all good! I have fun, even in defeat. It's just funny though how a team could looks so good before the season starts, and turn out otherwise. That team of mine should do better throughout the season, especially now that Pierre Thomas is Pierre Thomas.

lol, i thought i was set at WR w/ donnie avery, randy moss, jennings, and roddy white in a start 3 wr league, can't get much better than that. i was able to add mario manningham after week 1 too. my week 4 wr's caught a total of 7 balls, LOL, this crap is pretty frustrating.

i've put jennings on the block for knowshon and donald brown, and i doubt the other owner accepts it at this point, ahhh the trials and tribulations of FFB i tell you

I'll take Jennings, thank you.

Rodger's hasn't had time to hit Jennings on the deep routes. Driver is getting lots of short looks as a result. Don't think that makes him the better WR in real of fantasy football, though he will likely be more consistent, especially in PPR.

Good WRs can run more than go routes. Driver is closer to the total package as a WR than Jennings. Just because Jennings had a good season and a half, doesn't make him better than Driver. Actually, Driver was dealing with a neck issue for much of the time Jennings was blowing up. Now that he is healthy, order has been restored.

Yeah it does. The QB has to get him the ball he can't do it alone.

He isn't a bust if he isn't thrown the ball although it may seem so to those who don't understand the reason he isn't catching passes.

That throw wasn't Jennings fault. Rogers threw it short right to Winfield. Look at the game. It happened at 11:47 of the 2nd quarter.

Hmm. A-Rod isn't having trouble getting anyone else the ball. In the 2 games I watched, he is not getting open.

Jennings. 24th in yards. Tied for 86th in receptions. As of week 4, B U S T.

Actually only 3 more fantasy points than everyone's favorite whipping boy, Roy E. Williams...

Then he is right there with Fitz, Moss, Smith, Boldin, Roddy. Where is the posts for them being busts?

Get over it guys, wait till year end.