[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Greg Jennings a bust this year?

jordanzs

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or he traded with the chick who joined the league solely because her boyfriend is the Commissioner.

No sir, I traded with the guy who has Chris Johnson and Frank Gore - right after they both got off that week. He viewed MJD as expendable to upgrade his WR's and give him some depth and a flex player in LT - if he ever pans out.. I originally saw it as a risk (and still could be) but it's given me 3 beasts at RB with Peterson, MJD and Ray Rice.

Needless to say, he still hates me..

I haven't seen many Packer games, but it seems a combination of the O-Line not blocking long enough to get Jennings the ball deep, and after the monster preseason, teams have been focusing on shutting down Jennings. Is Driver's resurgence a product of turning Jennings into a high-priced decoy; sending him deep all of the time to open up the short & middle routes for Driver & Finley?

Had Jennings in two leagues, but in one league traded him, Carson Palmer, and Felix Jones to get Ben Roeth, Moreno and Buckhalter. I did this before this week's games, because the lure of Detroit on the schedule made him more attractive. Now that he's put up a mediocre game vs the Lions, he's pretty much immobile unless you give him away. I'm glad I did this to hedge my bets because I don't think Jennings will turn things around this year.

clearly true because jennings has never caught a slant or curl or out and only posts and streaks.........

Slants aren't getting open in space, it's cutting toward the middle when the LB has vacated. Curls take TIME to get down and turn around. How about a quick hitch or a quick out? Sorry but I haven't seen Jennings do either. I mean when the DB is jamming you at the line, can you shake free before Rodgers hits his 3-step drop? Driver does that consistently, Jennings does not.

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

Slants aren't getting open in space, it's cutting toward the middle when the LB has vacated. Curls take TIME to get down and turn around. How about a quick hitch or a quick out? Sorry but I haven't seen Jennings do either. I mean when the DB is jamming you at the line, can you shake free before Rodgers hits his 3-step drop? Driver does that consistently, Jennings does not.

just started watching nfl recently? you've never seen jennings catch a quick ball and turn it into 10-15?

slants are CALLEd. if the LB is there it is still called. you cant notice a LB go the other way and THEN slant after 5 seconds.

I must admit, I was way wrong on Jennings....... Huge bust..... I thought it was a "mini" slump.....

Trade him or cut him before it's too late. :wacko:

Had Jennings in two leagues, but in one league traded him, Carson Palmer, and Felix Jones to get Ben Roeth, Moreno and Buckhalter. I did this before this week's games, because the lure of Detroit on the schedule made him more attractive. Now that he's put up a mediocre game vs the Lions, he's pretty much immobile unless you give him away. I'm glad I did this to hedge my bets because I don't think Jennings will turn things around this year.

Really. Caught 6 of 8 targets and had a nice one handed catch of an overthrown ball by Rodgers.

This thread has brought out the truly clueless. GB's offensive line problems have made longer throws hard yet you guys call Jennings a bust for things that are not his doing.

Edited by Randall

This thread has brought out the truly clueless. GB's offensive line problems have made longer throws hard yet you guys call Jennings a bust for things that are not his doing.

I think there's a difference between being a bust...and being a horrible receiver. I don't think anyone here is claiming that Jennings has lost anything on his end. If the line issues are causing him not to be as productive (i.e. not putting up 2nd round numbers) then he is a bust. (Even though it's not his fault.) :wacko:

Trade him or cut him before it's too late. :wacko:

Really. Caught 6 of 8 targets and had a nice one handed catch of an overthrown ball by Rodgers.

That nice one handed catch could have been and easy touch down and 40 more yards if it was not slightly overthrown. If that was the case, we probably would be talking about how he is back instead of being a bust. He still might not have been worth a mid 2nd round pick but it is not like he has fallen completly off the map like Steve Smith either.

How many drafts did people draft Donald Driver before Jennings? Seems like that's the way things should've been this year. For whatever reason, Driver is the go-to receiver this year. I'm sure eventually that'll change, as Driver is pretty old & can't play forever, just might not be this year.

I got him in the early third so im not quite as upset with him as others...now Calvin Johnson is a different story

We just started up a brand new dynasty league, here's how my 1st 4 picks went:

1st Round: Calvin Johnson

2nd Round: Greg Jennings

3rd Round: Matt Ryan

4th Round: Darren McFadden

Needless to say, I'm 1-5. Ryan has been good, and he's a stud for years to come. At least it's dynasty, so Megatron & Jennings will turn it around & be studs at some point, but this year I'm getting destroyed. McFadden is a total waste, I dunno what I was thinking with that pick.