[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Antoine Bethea?

The Grey Pilgrim

The Colts are going to "play all the healthy players" this week. Bethea has been questionable for several weeks, but always plays. I'm a bit worried that Bethea will not play this week. My playoff team has only one DB (Bethea), and I might need to use a WW move to secure a backup for Bethea, in case he doesn't play. Our WW process runs Wednesday night, so I can't pick somebody up right before the Thursday kickoff.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Indianapolis Colts rookie starting cornerback Jerraud Powers has been ruled out for Thursday night’s game at Jacksonville with a hamstring injury, team officials advised today in an injury report.

Powers suffered the injury in the Colts’ 28-16 home victory Sunday over Denver. The rookie said it was just a slight strain, but the team has decided to play it safe.

Coach Jim Caldwell and president Bill Polian have said some injured players would be rested now that the team (13-0) has secured the AFC No. 1 seed and home-field advantage throughout the upcoming playoffs.

The other players ruled out were not a surprise. Rookie running back Donald Brown (chest); safety Aaron Francisco (ankle); wide receiver Anthony Gonzalez (knee); and kicker Adam Vinatieri (right knee) have missed extensive time this season.

Defensive ends Dwight Freeney (abdomen); and Robert Mathis (quadriceps); as well as left offensive tackle Charlie Johnson (foot) were listed as questionable, which means their playing status is 50-50. Each were reported as “did not participate” in practice the past two days. Also questionable is defensive tackle Eric Foster (back), who was a full-practice participant today.

Twenty Colts, including quarterback Peyton Manning (glute), were considered probable, which means a 75 percent likelihood that they will play. from indystar.com

Well, it looks like Bethea will play, as he is listed as probable.

Edited by CaptainHook

there are few things to look at if you are thinking about starting Bethea.

1. Bethea is good but he isn't an uber stud at the DB position.

2. The DB position is the deepest position in all of fantasy football

3. The risk can't be near worth the return to start him

4. Since week 9 Bethea has posted more than 4 solos in a game just once.

5. As far as upside goes...Bethea has only logged more than 5 solos in a game 5 times this year.

With only a limited amount of WW claims, some risks have to be taken. I used 6 WW movers already this year, and now I have Hines Ward and Nate Burleson as 2 of my 3 starting WR's. My WR's got banged up in the past few weeks (D. Mason, Avery too). So, this week I felt I had to pick up another WR (D. Branch plays at home against Tampa, replacing Burleson). So I used a WW move for another WR, but I'm going to risk using Bethea tonight. Crossing my fingers. Thanks for the analysis to help, Keggerz. Much appreciated.

Edited by The Grey Pilgrim