[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2010 fantasy runningbacks?

eags

Once he had taken over the starting spot he had one bad game, and that was against the packers. The Cowbyos couldn't do anything offensively, and I'm not sure he'd face the defensive player of the year more than once or twice a season. Beyong that he had a 4-47 yard game which is nothing great, but if that's his second worst performance, I'd take it.

And his one catch game wasn't bad, seeing as it went for 50 and a TD. Randy Moss had three performances worse than Miles Austin's 4-47, Desean Jackson had three as did Reggie Wayne. Fitzgerald had two games below that.

Point being is that no one sans Andre Johnson is going to be money all season long. You can't fake 1300 yards and 11 TD's. The dude is legit. The only question is why are you doubting him? Cowboy hatred?

When it comes to undrafted guys out of the blue start producing, I temper my enthusiasm to see it replicated more than one year. :wacko: Not hating him, I will just wait and see if he can repeat . . or be like Antonio Bryant.

Can you explain the difference in 6 vs 4 pt TDs and why you'd choose a QB vs a WR? Thanks!

To me it just makes sense to grab an elite QB before an elite WR if the QBs are getting 6 points for TDs. In these types of scoring formats elite QBs score much higher than elite WRs overall. But if the QB only gets 4 points for TDs, then it kind of levels out the playing field by position and QBs arn't valued as high. Honestly it really depends on the scoring system for your league.

For example. In one of my leagues last year (non PPR) the QBs earned 4 points per TD and Rodgers was the highest scoring QB overall with 349 total points for the year. The highest scoring WR in that same league was A. Johnson who scored 205 overall. In a seperate league (non PPR) QBs earned 6 points for TDs, Rodgers was the highest scoring QB with 450 total points for the year (with 60 of these points coming from the extra 2 points earned over a 4pt TD scoring format).... and A. Johnson was the highest scoring WR with 225 total points. It all depends on the scoring format....in the second league I mentioned, IMO an elite QB is more valuable than an elite WR based on total points scored for the year....as Rodgers' points doubled Johnson's for the year.

I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just explaining my logic in grabbing an QB before a WR. Basically it all depends on the scoring format. If either of the leagues mentioned above were PPR, then you could add 101 points to A. Johnson's total and it might make the decision a little tougher.

Make sense?

good description.

But do you think there's real value to comparing a QB's specific FF points directly to a WR's specific FF points when the positions are not interchangeable?

Have you ever compared the points of QB1 to QB2 versus WR1 to WR2? So it's not their raw points, but the differential in drop off?

I think I understand your question....and yes its the drop off in points from an elite QB to a 2nd tier QB being far more substantial than the drop off in points from a tier 1 and 2 WR. I know I never mentioned this before, but this does weigh into my propencity to draft QBs over WRs....you only start 1 QB while most leagues usually 3 WRs. There's a better chance one of your WRs has an unexpected stellar year, or even picking one up off waivers (think Miles Austin or Sidner Rice) than that tier 2 QB surprising you with a career year. It seems with QBs, you pretty much know what you're going to get barring an injury.

To me, I guess in the end it comes down to value of who is left when it becomes my turn to draft. There are so many variable that come into play after the draft begins and players are taken off the board. And when the bullets start flying and the time is ticking, I usually just try to play it safe early in the draft. Just speaking from my own experiences, its harder for me to carry a team with a less than elite QB. I tend to lean on my research and gut feelings to find value at WR and RB later in the draft while playing it safe when drafting QBs. I hope that answered your question.

I think I understand your question....and yes its the drop off in points from an elite QB to a 2nd tier QB being far more substantial than the drop off in points from a tier 1 and 2 WR. I know I never mentioned this before, but this does weigh into my propencity to draft QBs over WRs....you only start 1 QB while most leagues usually 3 WRs. There's a better chance one of your WRs has an unexpected stellar year, or even picking one up off waivers (think Miles Austin or Sidner Rice) than that tier 2 QB surprising you with a career year. It seems with QBs, you pretty much know what you're going to get barring an injury.

To me, I guess in the end it comes down to value of who is left when it becomes my turn to draft. There are so many variable that come into play after the draft begins and players are taken off the board. And when the bullets start flying and the time is ticking, I usually just try to play it safe early in the draft. Just speaking from my own experiences, its harder for me to carry a team with a less than elite QB. I tend to lean on my research and gut feelings to find value at WR and RB later in the draft while playing it safe when drafting QBs. I hope that answered your question.

sounds like you have a propensity to draft a QB early and there is nothing wrong with that if that is your plan of attack...however, 4pts TDs vs 6 pt TDs makes next to zero difference in a QBs value.

just to give you something to look at:

Aaron Rogers ranked 1st with 393.70 points among QBs (4pts/passing TD)

Donovan McNabb ranked 12th with 281.05 among QBs (again 4pts/passing TD)

Rogers scored 40.1% more points than McNabb in a 4pt/passing TD league.

Rogers threw 30 TDs and McNabb threw 22...so add 60 points to Rogers total and 44 to McNabbs

That gives us:

Aaron Rogers 453.70 points (6pts/passing TD)

Donovan McNabb 325.05 points

Rogers scored 39.6% more points that McNabb in a 6pt/passing TD league

EDIT: and I didn't cherry pick...I simply went in knowing i was going to compare 1 vs 12

Edited by keggerz

When it comes to undrafted guys out of the blue start producing, I temper my enthusiasm to see it replicated more than one year. :wacko: Not hating him, I will just wait and see if he can repeat . . or be like Antonio Bryant.

I knew Marques Colston was the real deal pretty early on. Antonio Bryant doesn't fit, as he was an early pick who had an injury history and character concerns. Miles Austin, by all accounts has his feet firmly on the ground. He's also 6'3, strong, fast and has soft hands. Barring injury none of those things will change. When talent meets opporunity the end result is success.

Please stop debating with me, as I feel dirty for championing a cowboy players cause.

sounds like you have a propensity to draft a QB early and there is nothing wrong with that if that is your plan of attack...however, 4pts TDs vs 6 pt TDs makes next to zero difference in a QBs value.

I wasn't comparing QBs, I was just saying I would rather take a QB before a WR because they tend to score more points overall. And if the QBs earns 6 points for TDs rather than 4...the point difference between QBs vs. WRs is even greater. You compared the #1 and #12 ranked QBs and their points difference. I bet you the point drop off between the #1 WR and #12 WR is a lot less than the #1 QB and #12 QB point drop off was. It is in my leagues.

My thoughts - down to the Bryant reference - exactly...