[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BUF/IND: how did players look

BeeR

Lots of interesting players I'm waffling on draft wise eg Welker, Brady, Spiller etc. Anyone see the game and any thoughts? With Jackson out Spiller's value is going up.

They had helmets on most of the time so really couldn't tell how they looked exactly. Hope this helps.

also assanine Welker & Brady don't play for either of the teams you posted.

Edited by SLAYER

BUF's D looked surprisingly solid. Not spectacular, but solid. They did generate a pick 6 on Manning on a ball that was deflected off Gonzalez' hands. It looks like the LB numbers are going to be well distributed, but the way they have their safeties playing, I'm guessing that's where you'll see IDP stars come from. Safeties are up and in run stop regularly, and they have tighter responsibility than typical Ss. That could be because BUF trusts its CBs a bit more, and rightfully so.

Spiller looked good with exception. The guy has tremendous athletic ability and speed, but he showed a decided tendancy to dance a bit if the seam was not there and as a result he had runs for little gain to loss. That said, when he does get a seam provided he gets to it in very short order, he has tremendous burst, and he is a one-cut/downhill no-nonsense runner after that. I'd love to see what this guy could produce for Shanahan's ZBS system.

I liked the balls that Brohm thew and he has shown a lot of gain since he left GB. He's still in his learning curve, but he's starting to show some potential. I wouldn't trust either Edwards or Fitzpatrick for any regular FF production - they both looked fairly pedestrian and they have a career of demonstrating that they are nothing much more than solid backups, but Brohm has some untapped potential it would seem. It does appear that Edwards will be the starter in week 1 though.

Evans caught a long TD when he burned the IND secondary badly, but it was typical Evans stuff - a big strike that accounts for the predominance of his effect on a game, and why it is so frustrating to be an Evans' owner. BUF was featuring Roscoe Parrish, and he looked like a whole different guy. He seems ot be developing into their go-to possession WR. Parrish might be a nice guy to get very late in drafts or off the WW and let sit on the end of your bench. Steve Johnson looked lost. If he is BUF's WR2 in week 1, you can really kiss the passing production goodbye. He creates virtuallly no separartion at all and does not show good fight in getting to passes. Chad Jackon showed sexy dreads and a little bit of fire in his belly, and if BUF gets over its love affair of blue collar/hard working/little production Johnson to use Parrish as a WR2 and Jackson as a WR3, I'd guess they'd be a bit better off. Hardy was MIA and as a Hardy owner I'm seriously concerned that he may be a bust of enormous proportions, and am actually hoping he gets cut and latches on with someone else - that may be his only glimmer of saving a career that never was.

Stupar started at TE, and if you're looking for what may be a dependable but not sexy TE2/TE3 for a real cheap price, you may get 3 to 4 catches a week out of this guy. He looked solid in his routes, showed good hands on his one catch, and he'll stick his nose in a do a good job blocking as well. That means he could be in on all downs.

Edited by Bronco Billy

BUF was featuring Roscoe Parrish, and he looked like a whole different guy. He seems ot be developing into their go-to possession WR. Parrish might be a nice guy to get very late in drafts or off the WW and let sit on the end of your bench.

I've liked Roscoe's game for a long time. He's very Welker-ish to my eye, and was has been held back in a similar fashion to Welker while he was still in Miami.

Chad Jackon showed sexy dreads and a little bit of fire in his belly, and if BUF gets over its love affair of blue collar/hard working/little production Johnson to use Parrish as a WR2 and Jackson as a WR3, I'd guess they'd be a bit better off. Hardy was MIA and as a Hardy owner I'm seriously concerned that he may be a bust of enormous proportions, and am actually hoping he gets cut and latches on with someone else - that may be his only glimmer of saving a career that never was.

I still have this guy on one of my dynasty teams. For some reason I really thought he would "get it" eventually. I hope this is the year! Honestly I think they should use Jackson as the flanker and Parrish in the slot, very much like you will see NE do with Moss and Tate on the wings and Welker in the slot. Brohm just has to be able to hit the target (Yes, Brohm is the most talented QB on the team IMO)

Lots of interesting players I'm waffling on draft wise eg Welker, Brady, Spiller etc. Anyone see the game and any thoughts? With Jackson out Spiller's value is going up.

I thought Pat's game was televised nationally :wacko:

Brady looked sharp and Welker moved well. Moss looked fast and was able to get over the top of the DB's early.

Spiller looked good with exception. The guy has tremendous athletic ability and speed, but he showed a decided tendancy to dance a bit if the seam was not there and as a result he had runs for little gain to loss. That said, when he does get a seam provided he gets to it in very short order, he has tremendous burst, and he is a one-cut/downhill no-nonsense runner after that. I'd love to see what this guy could produce for Shanahan's ZBS system.

Excellent observation, I agree completely. I think the dancing is something that could be coached out of him, as some of it may have been nerves with the new level of pressure based on the loss of Jackson. His size is a concern but he's got the skill set to exploit the crease and do damage in big chunks. He runs with a lot of momentum and balance which will help him break tackles once he gets into the secondary. I'm interested in seeing more in Buffalo's next game.

They had helmets on most of the time so really couldn't tell how they looked exactly. Hope this helps.

also assanine Welker & Brady don't play for either of the teams you posted.

I actually meant to ask about both games but thx for the spittle. Seriously. Reminds me of feeding my newborn nephew strained beets which he promptly spits out. Memories...

BUF's D looked surprisingly solid. Not spectacular, but solid. They did generate a pick 6 on Manning on a ball that was deflected off Gonzalez' hands. It looks like the LB numbers are going to be well distributed, but the way they have their safeties playing, I'm guessing that's where you'll see IDP stars come from. Safeties are up and in run stop regularly, and they have tighter responsibility than typical Ss. That could be because BUF trusts its CBs a bit more, and rightfully so.

Thanks BB; frankly Spiller is the only Bill I'm looking at. Hoping for that RB3 upside kinda thing.

Brady looked sharp and Welker moved well. Moss looked fast and was able to get over the top of the DB's early.
Thx also. I'm very tempted to "settle" for Brady and stock up elsewhere. Really if you look at his stats last year in his "off" year they were very good, despite that rough patch. I think Moss plays for that last contract.

Spiller looked good last night although I would still take Mathews and Best ahead of him right now. Welker seems like he's already back at 100%. With Welker healthy, Edelman emerging and the rookie Hernandez looking strong, I think Tom Brady will have a great season.

Well - playing debbil's advocoate, I am not convinced Welker is 100% by any means and remember Brady had Welker at 100% most of last year, plus rook TEs rarely do much, so while I maintain my liking Brady, a little caution is in order.