[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Frank Gore at Number 4

notamomo

And I'm really thinking that Gore has enough in his favor to be a top 3 back, and potential to be number 1. With the 4th pick I will have the option of either Rice or MJD, and Gore. Tell me why I should or shouldn't take hime there. The thinking:

Ray Rice is a PPR stud and he's young and quick and makes people miss. But he's only done it for one year and he has vultures.

MJD is a machine and he's done it consistently but preseason injury rumors and Jax offense make him a bit of a risk.

Gore- great schedule, well rested, very consistent top 6 or 7 back. Very little downside other than slight injury concern. (1-2 games, max)

Am I "reaching" for Gore at four? Or are all 3 RBs equally vauled and making a gut call has no downside?

Thanks for any input...

I took Gore at 4 in a local league, passing over Ray Rice. My motives were a tad different, since my dynasty team has RR and I had already drafted another team with him as my RB1. I've never had Gore before, in my FF career, and just felt that a.) I didn't want to latch all my teams to one guy, and b.) I also like owning a player, if possible, at least once. I love RR so it really was a tough decision, but it's one I was comfortable making (especially considering how the rest of my draft turned out).

Edited by Charles

One reason is that last year was the first year in his career that Gore cracked double-digit TD's.......he hasn't made a full 16 game season in a while......the rookie back they got this year has had a good pre-season, and Alex Smith is the QB...(just some reasons why I'd rather have Ray Rice...!!)