[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryan Mathews

BearBroncos

im starting him....and i was gonna nominate him for the breakout player of the week thread.....

first i gotta hope he can keep hold of the football....but he was prob on his way to a very nice day against jax two weeks ago......this team is 1-2 and they need to get him going.....they need to get him feeling good and confident if they are going to get things going....tolbert is a nice player...but hes not mike turner and hes a fb.....by all indications he feels great....so there is no real reason to not let him loose....kinda sucks that louis vazquez is out.....but i hope they can overcome that....in a few weeks this guy could start turning into a monster once they get vazquez and mcneil together.......i dunno...probably just wishful thinking....but i gotta believe hes gonna get 20+touches this week

im starting him....and i was gonna nominate him for the breakout player of the week thread.....

first i gotta hope he can keep hold of the football....but he was prob on his way to a very nice day against jax two weeks ago......this team is 1-2 and they need to get him going.....they need to get him feeling good and confident if they are going to get things going....tolbert is a nice player...but hes not mike turner and hes a fb.....by all indications he feels great....so there is no real reason to not let him loose....kinda sucks that louis vazquez is out.....but i hope they can overcome that....in a few weeks this guy could start turning into a monster once they get vazquez and mcneil together.......i dunno...probably just wishful thinking....but i gotta believe hes gonna get 20+touches this week

I'm debating on replacing him on my flex with Hassleback. I don't like Hassleback but his matchup is sweet but you just know this kid has the fire in his belly to pull off a huge game.

I'm debating on replacing him on my flex with Hassleback. I don't like Hassleback but his matchup is sweet but you just know this kid has the fire in his belly to pull off a huge game.

well....if you have the option of using a quarterback as your flex...then yeah....you might wanna do that.....but i need to start 3 rbs in my starting lineup mandatory.....so im gonna ride with mathews......i see no reason to hold him back....they need to get this guy rolling....and hes already basically missed two games worth of touches.....so hes definitley not overworked.....i think mathews is itching to breakout....just hope he curbs that problem with putting the ball on the ground

ive seen way to many guys who picked tolbert off waivers/are down on mathews say he hasnt flashed anything and is already a bust/waste...i dont have a choice...but im really optimistic going forward...i think hes going to be real nice in the 2nd half once vazquez and mcneil are out there together....i hope he can finish the first half ot the year strong....but i feel like hes going to validate his draft slot(real/fantasy)...

he also strikes me at the type of kid who will pester and annoy the coaching staff into getting him on the field as much as possible sunday...especially if they are controlling/winning the game

well....if you have the option of using a quarterback as your flex...then yeah....you might wanna do that.....but i need to start 3 rbs in my starting lineup mandatory.....so im gonna ride with mathews......i see no reason to hold him back....they need to get this guy rolling....and hes already basically missed two games worth of touches.....so hes definitley not overworked.....i think mathews is itching to breakout....just hope he curbs that problem with putting the ball on the ground

ive seen way to many guys who picked tolbert off waivers/are down on mathews say he hasnt flashed anything and is already a bust/waste...i dont have a choice...but im really optimistic going forward...i think hes going to be real nice in the 2nd half once vazquez and mcneil are out there together....i hope he can finish the first half ot the year strong....but i feel like hes going to validate his draft slot(real/fantasy)...

he also strikes me at the type of kid who will pester and annoy the coaching staff into getting him on the field as much as possible sunday...especially if they are controlling/winning the game

In my keeper leagues, its 1qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1wr and 1 flx which can be qb/rb/wr/te so basically , I start 2 qb's every week but I have Greene which I think has a monster game this week. Especially if NY gets up big but I also think they need to showcase him as well. Wells, which I also think has a monster game against a mediocre run D and Mathews. Honestly, all my backs have been crappy but this is a beautiful week for each of them, IMHO.

LOL it's Arizona I don't think they rush him back for a cards team that at best couldnt beat the chargers cheerleading squad :wacko: Sorry Matthews owners but rest is best...

I don't think there are many that can beat the Charger Girls ! :tup:

As for the "fumbling".

One was a drop, the second would have been overturned with more camera angles. It was not a nationally televised game and there were not enough looks to get "conclusive evidence". Both announcers thought it should be overturned.