[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2011 MVP?

tazinib1

:wacko:

Cases could also be made for J.Charles, M.Vick and M.Ryan.

My point for Rodgers, who as you stated, did not have the run support Brady had with the Pats, could and should have won 2 more games if he were not hurt. So the argument that they limped into the playoffs holds no merit. A loss to Detroit? Really? With a healthy Rodgers? Please...and again against a beatable Patriots he was not on the field. Rodgers did more with less around him and DID get them into the playoffs.

Simply: If the Packers lost Rodgers in pre-season, what would there record have been? I doubt better than .500

If Brady were lost? Well, Matt Casell answered that question for us didn't he.

To not include Arian Foster in this discussion is, well ....... ridiculous.

You do realize you just made my point don't you?

I asked: What would happen if the Packers lost Rodgers? probably no better than .500

I then asked what would happen in the Patriots lost Brady? And I said Matt Cassel answered that for us. Ya see, after losing Brady, the Patriots still went 10-6 because of there SYSTEM and amazing ability to plug and play.

Yeah...Or Cassell's pretty good in his own right, quarterbacking the Chiefs to an AFC West title this year. 2 of three seasons starting he has been on winning teams.

Hmm . . against a team that was darn near unbeatable at home during the regular season, the Packers almost won with a BACKUP QB that had the same players Rodgers did.

I would say that Vick was more valuable to the Eagles and his absence showed that. :wacko:

Brady also did not have the weapons that Rodgers does in the passing game, and had an obnoxiously long streak without an INT this year, while surgically dissecting opponents on offense. Also the Patriots defense was not very good, which places more of a burden on Brady to perform. And his pro bowl guard was out for half the year . . .

Hmm . . against a team that was darn near unbeatable at home during the regular season, the Packers almost won with a BACKUP QB that had the same players Rodgers did.

I would say that Vick was more valuable to the Eagles and his absence showed that. :tup:

Brady also did not have the weapons that Rodgers does in the passing game, and had an obnoxiously long streak without an INT this year, while surgically dissecting opponents on offense. Also the Patriots defense was not very good, which places more of a burden on Brady to perform. And his pro bowl guard was out for half the year . . .

And you could also argue that Brady was not dependent on the passing game as they had a running game...thus less INT's. :wacko:

Of course, none of this matters as the voters will look at stats, not the intangibles. Which is why I'm predicting Brady wins the MVP and Rodgers gets the OPOTY when it should be reversed.

I asked: What would happen if the Packers lost Rodgers? probably no better than .500

I then asked what would happen in the Patriots lost Brady? And I said Matt Cassel answered that for us. Ya see, after losing Brady, the Patriots still went 10-6 because of there SYSTEM and amazing ability to plug and play.

Your initial post is not very clear.

This is true. But you do see my point right?

No. I am refuting your point by saying: If a team's back-up QB is a playoff caliber QB in his own right, using the team's record when the starter is injured and the playoff caliber back-up is starting as evidence of why the starter is not that valuable is false logic.

Take Matt Cassell out and put Joey Harrington, David Carr, Alex Smith, Jamarcus Russell, Matt Moore, etc., etc. QB in to start that season and the team does not have a winning record.

The logic you are using is flawed IMO.

And you could also argue that Brady was not dependent on the passing game as they had a running game...thus less INT's. :wacko:

Of course, none of this matters as the voters will look at stats, not the intangibles. Which is why I'm predicting Brady wins the MVP and Rodgers gets the OPOTY when it should be reversed.

NEP only rushed for 22 yds per game more than GBP.

No. I am refuting your point by saying: If a team's back-up QB is a playoff caliber QB in his own right, using the team's record when the starter is injured and the playoff caliber back-up is starting as evidence of why the starter is not that valuable is false logic.

Take Matt Cassell out and put Joey Harrington, David Carr, Alex Smith, Jamarcus Russell, Matt Moore, etc., etc. QB in to start that season and the team does not have a winning record.

The logic you are using is flawed IMO.

:wacko: I see your point. I'm just not a Casell fan is all..I think J.Charles had more to do with the Chiefs playoff run than Casell did.

No one will know what'd happen without AR, but Flynn played well vs. NE.

you can't say Brady is undeserving. Brady had a mediocre running game too and you can't say his WRs are as good as GB. Same could be said for Manning. The thing is they don't have the Title Belt thing.

As for Def. MVP Matthews had a ton of sacks, but how about solo tackles compared to others.

No this is not trolling or slapping GB, just trying to make a point. All the players mentioned could be the MVP...just don't anoint AR or Clayroid as the next elite stars just yet...since there are a number of players just as deserving.

Edited by Ed Hoyle

No one will know what'd happen without AR, but Flynn played well vs. NE.

you can't say Brady is undeserving. Brady had a mediocre running game too and you can't say his WRs are as good as GB. Same could be said for Manning. The thing is they don't have the Title Belt thing.

As for Def. MVP Matthews had a ton of sacks, but how about solo tackles compared to others.

No this is not trolling or slapping GB, just trying to make a point. All the players mentioned could be the MVP...just don't anoint AR or Clayroid as the next elite stars just yet...since there are a number of players just as deserving.

Just so you know, I'm not in favor of Matthews as the DPOY and I find it sort of ridiculous that he's mentioned ahead of LB's like Hali,Harrison,Timmons and even Ware.

My DPOY is not even a LB...its a DT. And its not the DROY so many have anointed. It's DT Kyle Williams. Yep I said it. Kyle Williams. Of course he won't get the recognition he deserves in a glory stat happy society. But he did lead all DT's in stops and QB pressures. But the lack of press in Buffalo will keep him off the radar.

Not top 3? Yes he is.

1 and 2 are Brady and Vick there is no question about that.

And Id put Manning ahead of Rodgers considering he didnt have most of his starting pass catchers most of the year. You take Manning off that team, and they are the Detroit Lions, they have some other nice pieces, but Manning makes that thing work. And what would weigh heavily against Rodgers if I was a voter is Matt Flynn. A journeyman type QB in that system almost beat New England putting up 27 points on the road in the weather in New England. Which lends me to believe the system in GB as well as the talent at WR has alot to do with the big numbers Rodgers puts up.

In fact a case can be made for Charles and Cassell as well. Add Matt Ryan to the mix too. See these awards are generally not only numbers related, as those other players teams didnt back into the playoffs, they all won their division. So If he does make top 3, which I dont think he does, its #3. And you take away the ATL game, which was a playoff game, and this is suppose to be a regular season award, what Matt Ryan, did was much more impressive with much less talent than GB. So at best I put Rodgers #5, behind Brady, Vick, Manning, and Ryan.

Brady

Rivers

Vick

Rodgers

Manning

Freeman

Brady gets the top spot but I give Rivers the nod for runner up for the way he carried that team on his back after his skill position players were decimated with injuries all year. While the won-loss record wasn't very good where would the Chargers be without Phillip Rivers?

Vick over Rodgers. Scary to think of the numbers Rodgers would have put up with a healthy Donald Driver, a full season with the best tight end in football, Jermichael Finley, and more play action opportunities that went away with the loss of Grant in week 1. I would put Manning slightly ahead of Josh Freeman. Josh deserves to be recognized for the way the Bucs overachieved.

Edited by theprofessor