[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ok I admit it...I'm lost here

tazinib1

ESPN's Kevin Seifert has "heard" that the NFL may allow a 48-72 hour window immediately after the lockout for teams to negotiate with their own free agents.

This idea makes a lot more sense -- and would be much more preferable for the players -- than the "right of first refusal" idea. The window would give teams a chance to make "competitive offers" to free agents they intend to retain. Easing into the free agency and trade period is the best way to begin what will be an extremely hectic period, possibly the busiest in league history.

I'll buy that. All I care about is D-Will leaving Carolina. I just hope Denver's offer is big enough.

I hope Green Bay's is though.

:wacko:

GB has Grant, Starks, and Green on the roster at RB, plus FB Kuhn as a masher. Their running game is a counter punch to the passing game. They build through the draft and their biggest splash in FA in the past two years other than resigning their own guys is picking up QB Graham Harrel.

Why would you expect GB be anteing up big bucks for DWill?

s

Huh? When is the last time GB ever spent big...and it will take a big contract...money on a FA? Or are you just throwing darts?

Reggie White.

And GB prefers spending money retaining their own players and doesn't go in spending ward over FAs

Reggie White.

And GB prefers spending money retaining their own players and doesn't go in spending ward over FAs

Good one :wacko:

It speaks volumes that BJ could only dig up one name of consequence.

Edited by tazinib1

Why would you expect GB be anteing up big bucks for DWill?

Huh? When is the last time GB ever spent big...and it will take a big contract...money on a FA? Or are you just throwing darts?

I'm not so sure it takes a big contract. DeAngelo was hurt last year, and teams outside of Oakland have been consistent in one area - not paying out big bucks when there exists a hint of injury risk. A guy coming off a season-ending injury is going to be hard pressed to get a long-term deal from anyone.

GB has Grant, Starks, and Green on the roster at RB, plus FB Kuhn as a masher.

Another season ender, a pipe dream that might hit and might not, a rookie, and a white guy who's not Hillis. Why not bolster this with a home run swing? If no one offers DeAngelo a long-term deal, what better spot to go play for a year for say $4 million?

But yeah, I'm mostly dreaming :wacko: