[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears Trade Greg Olsen to Panthers

keggerz

Considering that they only have 2 linebackers under contract in Briggs and Urlacher, I like the trade for Conner to play at SLB.

Plus a 3rd, as that defense is getting long in the tooth and they need to restock through the draft.

Considering that Martz doesnt know how to use the LB position, I guess that is good value :wacko: But I remember hearing that the Patriots offered a 2nd last year and the bears said no . . .

They offered a 2nd for Olsen? Wow.

With everything I've said above, I do think that Olsen will be fantasy relevant in CAR.

Absolutely and we got it in Roy Williams :tup: He could be OK but I'm still pissed we didn't go after Ocho or Rice. Roy Williams' best season was under Martz in Detroit so maybe he can work his magic with him in Chicago. Either way, I won't be drafting Roy Williams EVER AGAIN.

Oh hell I must have missed that. You know, Williams might just have something left and something to prove. I have to tell myself that as both a Longhorn and Bear fan.

Considering that they only have 2 linebackers under contract in Briggs and Urlacher, I like the trade for Conner to play at SLB.

Plus a 3rd, as that defense is getting long in the tooth and they need to restock through the draft.

Considering that Martz doesnt know how to use the LB position, I guess that is good value :wacko: But I remember hearing that the Patriots offered a 2nd last year and the bears said no . . .

Yeah I like the Conner add. Should be a decent LB corps if Urlacher can stay healthy.

They offered a 2nd for Olsen? Wow.

With everything I've said above, I do think that Olsen will be fantasy relevant in CAR.

Which sucks becaused I invested in High on stockley in a new Dynasty startup in hopes that he would be more fantasy relevant and Carolina would have gone out and got a blcoking TE to help Cam. 2 Pass catching TE's doesn't seem very pratical IMHO.

I like Conner well enough but losing Olsen sucks. I don't get this move at all. They must like what they have in Kellen Davis.

I really, really liked Olsen. :wacko:

Either that or the team is shifting personnel to fit more with what Martz likes to do (not use TEs much). I'm a Michigan State fan, and I can tell you that Kellen Davis was a beast in college - one of Drew Stanton's favorite targets. Stanton is a pretty mobile, improv type of QB, something Cutler has had to be with Chicago's OL. So maybe they do like what they have in Davis. He's definitely a big target and pretty agile for his size. Not sure about his role in the run game though.