[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kubiak Quote about Ben Tate

delfamdelfam

when asked about Ben Tate, Gary Kubiak was said:

“This league is a league of opportunity. There’s a lot of good people backing up or running third and all of a sudden guys get hurt. Some of them go in and take advantage of their opportunities, and some of them don’t. I say it to our team all the team: If you get an opportunity and go out and do it, I’m going to leave you out there.”

thoughts on this, can anyone decipher it? I mean going into last preseason Tate was the RB2 and Foster was RB3 so they liked Tate more and Foster only got an opportunity because of injury. Now that Foster gets hurt does Tate take over the job that was initially his going into last season?

Edited by delfamdelfam

when asked about Ben Tate, Gary Kubiak was said:

“This league is a league of opportunity. There’s a lot of good people backing up or running third and all of a sudden guys get hurt. Some of them go in and take advantage of their opportunities, and some of them don’t. I say it to our team all the team: If you get an opportunity and go out and do it, I’m going to leave you out there.”

thoughts on this, can anyone decipher it?

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...50&start=50

Thanks for the thread Gatos. I guess everything is subject to interpretation. Who knows what will happen? I picked up Tate in a couple of leagues as a "futures" prospect, maybe it will pan out. A lot of people looking for answers on this, and right now, it's about as clear as mud. Maybe we'll know more after this week, but I don't think I would start either this weekend unless your other options suck.

If you don't think this can happen, look a little farther down the depth chart at #20.

The ironic part is I drafted Slaton and he should still be my keeper. I still remember that horrible day in 2009 in Buffalo. I lost my blossoming starting TE, Owen Daniels, and all of the sudden my starting RB stud's career hits a brick wall while his backup rattles off 3 TDs. It all happened before I even got to my seat in the stadium,....sniff...

I drafted Foster last year as well, and traded him in week 10 after ensuring a playoff spot. I'm kind of digging that trade now.

Arian Foster - RB - Texans

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports that the Texans are targeting 20 Week 2 touches for Arian Foster (questionable, hamstring), and 10 for Ben Tate off the bench.

McClain also believes Foster is a shoo-in to start against the Dolphins. "Gary Kubiak likes Foster to get at least 25 touches," McClain notes. "Cause he's been out, I bet it'll be somewhere around 20, depending on how game goes." According to McClain, Foster "could have started" in Week 1 against the Colts had it been a playoff game. Foster needs to be penciled into fantasy lineups for now, and monitored into Sunday morning.

Sep. 16 - 4:31 p.m. E

Arian Foster - RB - Texans

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports that the Texans are targeting 20 Week 2 touches for Arian Foster (questionable, hamstring), and 10 for Ben Tate off the bench.

McClain also believes Foster is a shoo-in to start against the Dolphins. "Gary Kubiak likes Foster to get at least 25 touches," McClain notes. "Cause he's been out, I bet it'll be somewhere around 20, depending on how game goes." According to McClain, Foster "could have started" in Week 1 against the Colts had it been a playoff game. Foster needs to be penciled into fantasy lineups for now, and monitored into Sunday morning.

Sep. 16 - 4:31 p.m. E

John McClain told us he was fine two weeks ago and would start week one based on his sources on the team. People say he is the all knowing Texans source of information. He was desperately wrong two weeks ago about Foster, all while claiming he talked to Foster and other people in the organization. And he also told us about how Foster was not in pain and jogging and how the injury was no where near as serious as the one he suffered early in camp.

This whole notion put forth that the Texans NEED to start Foster because he is such a key to the team is way overblown.

I am betting that John McClain could probably do well behind that line.

No way I would start Foster if I was the Texan management. No reason to. They are taking a big risk for little reward. I would ease him back and insure he is ready for the post season. They give him 20 carries this week and you can bet your a$$ the hammy flares up. Especially in Miami.

No way I would start Foster if I was the Texan management. No reason to. They are taking a big risk for little reward. I would ease him back and insure he is ready for the post season. They give him 20 carries this week and you can bet your a$$ the hammy flares up. Especially in Miami.

If he is deemed medically healthy than he plays. No reason for him not to if he is healthy. This is why they pay him. Ready for the post season? It is week 2 and the post season may not even exist unless their starters are out there performing. Just my thoughts... I also would guess the medical staff knows the probability of another "flare up" and would not state he is healthy if this probability is high.

If he is deemed medically healthy than he plays. No reason for him not to if he is healthy. This is why they pay him. Ready for the post season? It is week 2 and the post season may not even exist unless their starters are out there performing. Just my thoughts... I also would guess the medical staff knows the probability of another "flare up" and would not state he is healthy if this probability is high.

They don't pay him anything.

Also, the medical staff let him roll in preseason because they said he was healthy enough to go and what happened?

Fact is, they don't need him to hurry back.