[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Julio Jones

overworkedirish

Hopeful. Would love to see what others think. I like Julio. Available on the WW. Called in to XM Radio tonight and they recomended David Nelson over Julio Jones. Was hoping they would recommend Julio. Think he has more upside personally.

He's on pace for 56 catches and 800 yards. He'll sprinkle in a handful of TD's, which are the weeks where his fantasy owners will be rewarded for starting him, but what were you expecting? 56 for 800 is pretty darn good for a rookie historically.

He looked like a work in progress Sunday night. Ryan targeted him a fair number of times but due to some combination of route running and defending (Rogers-Cromartie and Samuel) he was not consistently impressive. What was impressive was his 3rd down grab to keep a drive alive. I would say he's a very talented rookie who will make waves eventually - but I would vote for gradual. It would help if the whole Atlanta offense gets its legs back after their awakening against Philly.

He looked like a work in progress Sunday night. Ryan targeted him a fair number of times but due to some combination of route running and defending (Rogers-Cromartie and Samuel) he was not consistently impressive. What was impressive was his 3rd down grab to keep a drive alive. I would say he's a very talented rookie who will make waves eventually - but I would vote for gradual. It would help if the whole Atlanta offense gets its legs back after their awakening against Philly.

+1

Though remember he did have Aso on him quite a few plays too... I was very impressed by that catch too, and felt it was his first real NFL grab... But I was really expecting him to come in a lot more polished after the raves of how he played like "a five year vet" in training camp, but at this point Green most definitely has the edge on him as far as being a polished NFL-ready wideout.

Julio does have such tremendous athletic gifts to where there's no doubt he can be one of the great ones, but I agree, especially with Ryan having more trusted looks while they bring him along, you're likely to see a few impressive stat-lines along with a whole bunch of serviceable ones. Maybe not quite the WR3 some had hoped, but who knows.... Ryan and the coaches certainly want to give him opportunities to succeed.

Edited by delusions of granduer