[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ogbonnaya

notamomo

The Browns backfield is a mess. Ogbonnaya is a guy that seems to have the coach's trust, as he's their 3rd down back. Hillis is hurt, has contract issues, and seems to be in the doghouse (not the dog pound). Hardesty is underwhelming. This week, the Huddle has Ogbonnaya as a S3. He should have fresh legs too.

Is this the week to pick him up and stash him? Potential match light RB?

The Browns backfield is a mess. Ogbonnaya is a guy that seems to have the coach's trust, as he's their 3rd down back. Hillis is hurt, has contract issues, and seems to be in the doghouse (not the dog pound). Hardesty is underwhelming. This week, the Huddle has Ogbonnaya as a S3. He should have fresh legs too.

Is this the week to pick him up and stash him? Potential match light RB?

He was brought in basically because of Hardesty's troubles with the pass game. I really don't see him getting a whole lot of work once Hillis returns.

Picked up and played Ogbonnaya in three leagues last week, got about 10 points (PPR). Wouldn't at all surprise me going forward if he's the third down back Hillis or no Hillis. Hardesty has six drops in 19 targets; Ogbonnaya was targeted five times last week and caught all five. Hillis has a hamstring injury that's already proven it will linger, and an agent who doesn't appear willing to let his client overextend himself while playing out a contract. Hardesty is utterly ordinary. The Browns schedule the rest of the way, especially against the run, is very difficult. I can see many games where they're playing from behind and forced to throw, which puts Ogbonnaya on the field for a half dozen or more catches a game.

And I'll go out on a limb and say if you're looking for a Match Light™ (© JUMbotron) back for the Browns' Week 15 game in Arizona, Ogbonnaya could give you a taste of what Jerome Harrison did a couple seasons back.

I think we've all wasted roster spots on guys with less of a shot. Right now the Ogbonnaya bandwagon is a Smart Car and there's still plenty of room even with me driving (that's a really funny visual if you can picture a guy who could balance the scales with most NFL o-linemen squeezed into a Smart Car), but I call dibs on the radio.

2V

Good analysis by 2v, but that still doesn't make him like Battle. Many people are expecting Battle to take the bulk of the carries over time. Jones is old and McCluster to small to carry the load.

That isn't going to happen with Ogbonnaya in Cleveland. Will he get more touches (particularly on passing down), sure. Is he worth adding to some rosters, sure. But I don't see him getting the same opportunity that Battle has.

And while Hardesty may be underwhelming to some, the Browns did give him 33 carries (plus several pass targets) last week.