[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vincent Jackson

isleseeya

Honestly, if you started him today I blame you.

1. Champ has been great recently.

2. Champ always shuts down VJax in his career.

3. First game against Champ he had like 3 for 34.

4. After a good game last week you had to know this could be a down one.

I have VJax in one league, and benched him. I plan on playing him next week at Jacks. Sure he will go off then.

BUT... Who is going to block for Rivers?

BUT... Who is going to block for Rivers?

I hear you, and we'll see going forward, but I just don't see how a VJax owner could be that down today. He NEVER does well against Champ, so why expect him to today when he is up and down as is anyway? Sorry, but that is a low % play.

Against D's like Jacks (I know they are not awful, but they are nothing special either) you can play VJax and hope he has one of his big games. Today against Champ, low % IMO.

VJax has definitely frustrated his owners this year. He was drafted as a stud #1 and since a lot of us go with the "never bench your studs" theory then you start him whether he is going against Champ or not. The inconsistency is maddening.

VJax has definitely frustrated his owners this year. He was drafted as a stud #1 and since a lot of us go with the "never bench your studs" theory then you start him whether he is going against Champ or not. The inconsistency is maddening.

I agree with his ADP for sure. Drafted as a # 1, but in week 12 that is long gone. Not sure you could consider him a stud in week 12 based on his body of work. Stud in name only. In good matchups he can explode, but against tough matchups like today I would have zero issue benching him.

If you had even a decent option I think you had to bench him today against Champ, but that's just my opinion.

Edited by giantsfan

I agree with his ADP for sure. Drafted as a # 1, but in week 12 that is long gone. Not sure you could consider him a stud in week 12 based on his body of work. Stud in name only. In good matchups he can explode, but against tough matchups like today I would have zero issue benching him.

If you had even a decent option I think you had to bench him today against Champ, but that's just my opinion.

I am not sure. He is the #7 scoring WR in my 0.5ppr league. That puts him as #1 WR. But, as you stated, with easy matchups he can go off and that certainly inflates his numbers. I have him in multiple leagues and in 1 there are just no alternatives but to start him. You certainly were correct in your opinion to bench him this week. Perhaps, I should consider the same in the 1 league where I have other options. My patience is certainly wearing thin.

Edited by Piles

I am not sure. He is the #7 scoring WR in my 0.5ppr league. That puts him as #1 WR. But, as you stated, with easy matchups he can go off and that certainly inflates his numbers. I have him in multiple leagues and in 1 there are just no alternatives but to start him. You certainly were correct in your opinion to bench him this week. Perhaps, I should consider the same in the 1 league where I have other options. My patience is certainly wearing thin.

I do hear you, but I can't think you would still consider the guy a stud now. His overall numbers looks great because the guy had 2/3 monster games. And if you bench him and he goes off for a monster it stinks, but today the % play was a tough one based on Champ and the fact that Champ always shuts him down.

Now with that said, if your other options were whatever question mark guys, I get starting him. I guess it really comes down to the options a person has. But I just couldn't sit here tonight and be all surprised or angry that a total up and down guy like VJax was down this week in a matchup against a top CB who ALWAYS shuts him down. The %'s were much higher he'd have 2/3 catches then he would go off.

Honestly, if you started him today I blame you.

1. Champ has been great recently.

2. Champ always shuts down VJax in his career.

3. First game against Champ he had like 3 for 34.

4. After a good game last week you had to know this could be a down one.

I have VJax in one league, and benched him. I plan on playing him next week at Jacks. Sure he will go off then.

You can't seriously believe in the rationale that because a player just had a great week you should then proceed to bench him because he is more unlikely to have a good week after....just because its true right now doesn't justify how stupid it is to use something like that as a factor in deciding who to start

You can't seriously believe in the rationale that because a player just had a great week you should then proceed to bench him because he is more unlikely to have a good week after....just because its true right now doesn't justify how stupid it is to use something like that as a factor in deciding who to start

At first I thought you were serious with this post. Then I realized you were joking. Obviously that is NOT what I was saying. I think I listed 3 CLEAR reasons to maybe expect a potential down game for VJax before I even mentioned he had a big game last week as just a throw in reason on the end. Like with this dude VJax, the fact that he had a big game last week means with his crazy up and down ways maybe he'd have a down week this week.

But CLEARLY the other reasons are the reasons I would maybe have thought down week. Not oh he had a good week last week so he must have a bad week this week.

Like I said, if I thought your post was serious I would question it more, but I am sure you are just joking and obviously see the 3 reasons I listed as the main reasons I would have been a little wary of VJax this week.

Edited by giantsfan

I have Marshall & Jackson on the same team. Throw Williams TB in the mix & you have my starting WRs. The three stooges.

Dang Buddhaj-- are you even at .500 this year?? lol

Those guys should be killing you this year

:wacko: I also lost J. Charles.

But somehow I've managed a 7-4 record so far. Smoke & mirrors I guess.