[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Playoffs

Darkhorse1251

A friend of mine asked me recently if I personally change my strategy when it comes to Playoff time. He wanted to know if at this point in the season I take risks with wire pickups or do you just put the best, most consistent players out there. It seemed like a dumb question, but it got me thinking of what he meant. Do you guys tend to stop taking risks with starting a potentially explosive wire pickup and just play a consistent player instead? Say you have an Owen Daniels that will almost always gets you a solid amount of points, and you also have a Jake Ballard that can have a great game at random times. What do you guys tend to do?

A friend of mine asked me recently if I personally change my strategy when it comes to Playoff time. He wanted to know if at this point in the season I take risks with wire pickups or do you just put the best, most consistent players out there. It seemed like a dumb question, but it got me thinking of what he meant. Do you guys tend to stop taking risks with starting a potentially explosive wire pickup and just play a consistent player instead? Say you have an Owen Daniels that will almost always gets you a solid amount of points, and you also have a Jake Ballard that can have a great game at random times. What do you guys tend to do?

Been at this addiction for a fair amount of yrs now ... and when I get to the playoff weeks I have found that the "matchups" become paramount in leading my strategy. After 13 games you have a pretty defined track record as to what team defenses are weak in their respective areas.

I also tend to pick up a waiver wire Def along the way that will give me 1 or 2 strong matchups vs a couple of struggling teams during that playoff run. Any average Def can score pts like a Super Bowl contender when they are playing a team like this year's Colts. :wacko:

Edited by BadDawg

I don't follow any general rule. I remember starting Tashard Choice in my championship game 2 years ago. Marion Barber started, but he had been hurt, so I decided to ride the hot hand, and Choice had probably his last good game,, which led me to the title.

Last year, Tim Tebow was a good play during the playoffs. I don't subscribe to playing your studs. I go with the hot hand.

I stick with what got me to that point. I play my top guys no matter the matchup.

I pretty much follow this strategy unless there is just a glaring very tough match up for my guy and a primo match up for somebody on my bench. If my wr that I have started all year , who has produced well for me all year , is facing Reevis in my playoff match up and I had a solid option on my bench with a sweet match up I might break my format and start the guy on the bench

IMO you have to approach those games the same way you approach any other game. You play to win the game.

Exactly, it's still a H2H matchup. The rules/scoring system/etc are the same.

Why would the strategy or approach suddenly change from what won you enough games to get there? Put yourself in the best position to win, just like every other week.