[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TO is still TO...

Tripleshot

Apparently during his introduction to his new Seahawk teammates, TO complained about not getting his old uniform number(Golden Tate has it) and also about his contract. The Seahawk responded by booing him and Pete Carroll had to interrupt the moment and tell TO to go sit down. Wow.

Except...

Pete Carroll put Owens up to it to punk the rest of the team, who had no idea what to expect from Owens when the Seahawks signed him. Carroll's a pretty big prankster, and he asked Owens to participate and said Owens did a good job pulling it off. I was laughing pretty hard while listening to Mike Salk interview Carroll this morning on ESPN 710. Well played by both of them, well played.

My wife just told me T.O. is now on Dr. Phil getting the sh*t kicked outta him for being a deadbeat dad.

Is he a deadbeat dad or just not able to pay his children's moms 20k+ per month anymore. Let's be completely honest here, the monthly payments he was paying for each kid when he was making bling was more than enough to take care of those kids for an entire year or more. Now he's broke and can't afford those huge ho support... errr...child support payments. (Do you really think the moms were really using it for their kids, first and foremost? I'd wager not one of them has a college fund started from that "child support". But I digress...) I'd be surprised now if his kids aren't getting money taken out of his Seahawk paycheck before he even sees it.

All the more reason to keep it in the pants imagine how much money he would have without those payments

This. When they have those required league meetings for rookies, they need a slideshow. The first picture is their signing bonus/salary. The second is a random hot woman. The third should say "Would you pay $4.32 million to sleep with her? Because just 20k per month x 18 years equals that much".

Is he a deadbeat dad or just not able to pay his children's moms 20k+ per month anymore. Let's be completely honest here, the monthly payments he was paying for each kid when he was making bling was more than enough to take care of those kids for an entire year or more. Now he's broke and can't afford those huge ho support... errr...child support payments. (Do you really think the moms were really using it for their kids, first and foremost? I'd wager not one of them has a college fund started from that "child support". But I digress...) I'd be surprised now if his kids aren't getting money taken out of his Seahawk paycheck before he even sees it.

:lol:

This is another prank, right?

"All the more reason to keep it in the pants imagine how much money he would have without those payments."

he would still be broke. he made $67 million over his career. $50k a month is about $6 million. that $6 million would be gone like the other $61 million. at least his kids got SOME of his earnings.

but i do agree with your first part...keep it in your pants!

Edited by captain77
  • Like 1

While I do think that the mothers should be legally obligated to show that they are being responsible with the money, I also believe that TO should be held 100% accountable for his actions, even if that means he's left with nothing. That may sound harsh, but he's not broke just because he's had to pay child support, He's broke because he was irresponsible, both with these women & in securing what finances he had left after paying the support.

This. When they have those required league meetings for rookies, they need a slideshow. The first picture is their signing bonus/salary. The second is a random hot woman. The third should say "Would you pay $4.32 million to sleep with her? Because just 20k per month x 18 years equals that much".

What gets me is that these guys spend their money as if they will be earning that same salary until retirement. What they fail to realize is the average retirement age for an NFL player is about 25-27.

• Like 1

Wow - Owens is flat out sucking tonight. Ran off 2 perfect back shoulder throws and then just plain dropped (as in right between his hands dropped) a perfectly throw 47 yd pass (from Flynn, who can't throw deep...) that would have been an easy TD. Looks like SEA is giving him tons of opportunities tonight to see if he can still help, and he's definitely not taking advantage.